Simple Wiring Diagram for Dummies: 1970 Campster - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2014, 01:05 PM   #1

Name: David
Trailer: 1970 Trails West Campster
California
Registry
Simple Wiring Diagram for Dummies: 1970 Campster

Hi All -

We're in the process of rebuilding our 1970 Campster and have completely gutted it - now I'm just beginning to think about rewiring it before we put in the reflectix and the hull liner and then all of the rebuilt cabinets/ woodwork to finish it off.

Here's what our intentions are for the power system:
I want to have the system simple and foolproof - or at least me proof.
We don't want to have to plug in to shore power and are not planning on having any 120 outlets or appliances in the camper.
All lights are LED - including running lights and interior lights.
We want to charge the battery via the TV and the 100W renogy solar panel that we're mounting to the top of the trailer.
In terms of appliances - the only one that we'll have is the 12V fridge and a water pump.
We have a 7 blade connector on the TV and are not planning on adding brakes.

So, here's what I'd love some guidance on - what equipment do I need to make all of this work and how do I need to connect it? Here are my assumptions:

12V battery - probably a wal-mart 29 group.

Solar controller: For sending all of that free energy back into the battery.

Fuse Block - for fusing and connecting all of the interior power needs - namely, lights, the fridge and possibly a water pump - as well as a USB outlet.

Buss Block - for distributing power from the TV to the running lights and the 12V battery to charge it - do I need something between the 12V line in from the TV and the battery? I assume so - but not sure what order/ sequence.

Thanks in advance - I've gained so much great insight and knowledge from the generous people on this board and look forward to learning more!

Thanks,

David Brandvik
thinkerfeeler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campster