Source for stove and windows and such? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2015, 07:17 PM   #1

Trailer: Trail Michigante
Source for stove and windows and such?

Hola fellow Egg lovers.

There are a few of things I'm trying to source. I want to replace the window on the door of our beloved '72 TrailMite. The existing one is likely the original and has been bent time and again from the door being opened with the window open --- the window then hits the shell and tweaks the corner of the aluminum. Is there some other kind of window that will fit this 19 1/8' x 6 1/4' opening?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...a7051b1b902fc3

I also want to get a pair of rain deflectors like the one above the door for the side windows. Are these available somewhere?

Lastly I want a new stove. The original cover is pitted and the burner controls seem to be worn out --- I have to turn off the propane tank after using the stove or a definite propane smell will develop. The existing stove is 13'x17 5/8

Any input on these will be appreciated.

Vic
Vic&Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 08:39 AM   #2

Name: Eddie
Trailer: Casita
Arkansas
Windows and Eyebrows

Try Vintage Trailer.com for these items.
Jaycojunkie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 08:47 AM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
That looks like an old Hehr window that we have on our teardrop, and another camper owner here was looking for the crank mechanism. There always seems to be surplus windows of various sizes on ebay. many are listed under teardrop trailers. Can you resize the opening in the door to fit a different window. Stoves are available on ebay too.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 08:47 AM   #4

Name: Tim
Trailer: boler
Ontario
These rain deflectors are not distinct to fgrvs they are available in different sizes at the local rv dealer through coastal distribution catalog. The little windows are rare so you might try leaving the window closed and utilizing a door stopper so the door doesn't swing all the way open.
slimmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:34 AM   #5

Name: Sean
Trailer: 1984 Uhaul CT 13
Georgia
Registry
I'm sure you could find an Atwood Cooktop that will fit. Check the size of the hole in the counter top (cutout size) so you know what the smallest you could go is. and then check the max size that would fit. Something like this might be close: Atwood DV20-W 56492 White 2 Burner Drop In Cooktop Trailer Camper RV
My U-haul Camper Blog
knighth001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighth001 View Post
I'm sure you could find an Atwood Cooktop that will fit. Check the size of the hole in the counter top (cutout size) so you know what the smallest you could go is. and then check the max size that would fit. Something like this might be close: Atwood DV20-W 56492 White 2 Burner Drop In Cooktop Trailer Camper RV
Thanks! That looks perfect!

Vic
Old 03-21-2015, 10:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
That looks like an old Hehr window that we have on our teardrop, and another camper owner here was looking for the crank mechanism. There always seems to be surplus windows of various sizes on ebay. many are listed under teardrop trailers. Can you resize the opening in the door to fit a different window. Stoves are available on ebay too.
Thanks. It needs to be replaced regardless, the latching mechanism is broken.
I'll look for a Hehr replacement.

Vic

Tags
windows