Sources for sinks, faucets, folding shelves - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2020, 02:27 PM   #1

Name: Douglas
Trailer: Casita SD 16
Maine
Sources for sinks, faucets, folding shelves

Hello FGRV,
I would like to change the depth of our sink and a higher goose neck faucet in our Casita SD 2007. In addition, I would like to add a folding shelf extending off the stove that I see pictured in some newer Casitas. The Casita official site has none of these mods and I haven't yet located a solution online. Has anyone done any of these changes and if so, do they have a good source for these items. Thanks.
macbethdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:53 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Start at Little House Customs.

https://littlehousecustoms.com/

Then visit RV Widget Works

RV Widget Works | ,

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 09:13 AM   #3

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbethdt View Post
Hello FGRV,
I would like to change the depth of our sink and a higher goose neck faucet in our Casita SD 2007. In addition, I would like to add a folding shelf extending off the stove that I see pictured in some newer Casitas. The Casita official site has none of these mods and I haven't yet located a solution online. Has anyone done any of these changes and if so, do they have a good source for these items. Thanks.
I replaced my "birdbath" sink with one that is 9" deep, and a couple of inches longer from front to back, same width as the old one. Now I can actually wash a dish or a pan IN the sink, and not soak the whole galley area while doing it. I also replaced the crummy Suburban POS stove with a new Dometic flush mount one. So much better now.

The sink is a Krowne 1419, which I got here:

https://www.katom.com/381-HS1419.html (Good price, since it also includes the swiveling gooseneck faucet and the stainless steel drain.)

And if you're interested, this is the stove I bought to replace the Suburban POS.

https://pantherrvproducts.com/dometi...st-iron-grate/

And if you like the deeper sink, you may also be interested in saving useable storage space under the sink with the addition of the HepVo one-way drain valve, which will do away with the space robbing "P" trap under the sink, and that will allow you to move the drain line over and down against the wall.

https://littlehousecustoms.com/store.html#plum (Then scroll down to the kit marked "Kit for under sink, all years."
Attached Thumbnails
sink6.JPG   sink10.JPG  

sink14.JPG   IMG_0009.jpg  

IMG_0015.jpg   IMG_0016.jpg  

sink12.JPG  
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 11:22 AM   #4

Name: Randy
Trailer: Casita 17 FD
Florida
Very nice sink and stove, Greg. Do those drop in the existing openings on top of the factory range/sink area, or did you have to cut the fiberglass to make them fit?
GatorCasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 03:35 PM   #5

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorCasita View Post
Very nice sink and stove, Greg. Do those drop in the existing openings on top of the factory range/sink area, or did you have to cut the fiberglass to make them fit?
I did have to enlarge the openings a little, but that wasn't hard. I used a Roto-Zip rotary cutting tool to do it. The sink hole had to be lengthened for and aft, (towards the back of the sink.) The new stove needed the cutout enlarged in both directions a bit. Despite the slightly increased "footprint" of the new Dometic stove, the "drop-in" depth was no more than the old Suburban stove, and fits above the silverware drawer that is under the stove without any interference. The only modification to the stove was replacing the straight gas compression fitting with one that had a 90 degree bend.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:23 PM   #6

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbethdt View Post
Hello FGRV,
........ In addition, I would like to add a folding shelf extending off the stove that I see pictured in some newer Casitas. The Casita official site has none of these mods and I haven't yet located a solution online. .
Contact Casita directly. I bought several items that were not on their official site.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 08:07 AM   #7

Name: Douglas
Trailer: Casita SD 16
Maine
Thanks everyone, great job with the sink it is exactly what I had in mind.
macbethdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 02:55 PM   #8

Name: Bill & Pam
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 17.5
Washington
Our Bigfoot came new with a sink from IKEA.
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 07:57 PM   #9

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
not much countertop material left between the sink and the stove. Don't lean too hard on that area
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 07:36 AM   #10

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
We used one like this

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/vattuda...eel-s89158172/

And we installed a nice faucet that has the pull out handle and spray nozzle built in. You can get one in any big box store and get away from the cheap plastic RV stuff.

redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 11:50 AM   #11

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
not much countertop material left between the sink and the stove. Don't lean too hard on that area
Really? The sink and the stove are both stainless steel, and are much stronger across that span than the fiberglass counter ever was. And fwiw, who leans on a sink or a stove anyway?
Old 11-07-2020, 04:54 PM   #12

Name: Brian & Mary
Trailer: Casita
Illinois
You can source the Hepvo valve from Amazon, and pvc fittings at your local Menards, Lowe’s, Home Depot, necessary for sink upgrade and save some coin. There is not that much fiberglass removed that it would weaken the area.
So nice to not splash water everywhere when using it.
I used painters masking tape to lay it out and cut the fiberglass with a jigsaw so as not to create as “much” dust.
I drilled out the hinges on the factory stove cover so that it allows it to open 180°, added an eyebolt and a cable supports it from the cabinet above.
I don’t think a fold out shelf wouldn’t work for us as we added memory foam on top of the cushions.
2019 SD Casita
Brian n Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 04:16 PM   #13

Name: Doug
Trailer: Casita SD 17'
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian n Mary View Post
You can source the Hepvo valve from Amazon, and pvc fittings at your local Menards, Lowe’s, Home Depot, necessary for sink upgrade and save some coin. There is not that much fiberglass removed that it would weaken the area.
So nice to not splash water everywhere when using it.
I used painters masking tape to lay it out and cut the fiberglass with a jigsaw so as not to create as “much” dust.
I drilled out the hinges on the factory stove cover so that it allows it to open 180°, added an eyebolt and a cable supports it from the cabinet above.
I don’t think a fold out shelf wouldn’t work for us as we added memory foam on top of the cushions.
2019 SD Casita
My fold out shelf added to my Casita SD17ft over 4 inch memory foam works great. I got it form Little House Customs
doctoruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 02:29 PM   #14

California
My new Casita enlarged sink

I was inspired and ordered a sink to install in my 2005 Spirit deluxe. The install went easy. I would strongly suggest doing what I did which is change the wing nuts to standard nuts and use fender washers with a long extension to attach them. Much easier than trying to get your hands up to the back side of the sink with the minimum space the Casita gives you to work with. I bought the hepflo one way pipe valve and connector pipes from Little House customs and the fit was perfect This “hand wash” sink had a raised lip around the sides different from the one in the previous post. It was a Krowne 12W X 18L X 10 inch deep model HS-1419. Great quality and it took a little trimming of the opening. Easy!
Attached Thumbnails
30C1348E-541F-466B-8ECB-6B150E1EDC7F.jpg  
Old 12-13-2020, 03:53 PM   #15

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2001 Casita 17' SD
IN
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctoruv View Post
I was inspired and ordered a sink to install in my 2005 Spirit deluxe. The install went easy. I would strongly suggest doing what I did which is change the wing nuts to standard nuts and use fender washers with a long extension to attach them. Much easier than trying to get your hands up to the back side of the sink with the minimum space the Casita gives you to work with. I bought the hepflo one way pipe valve and connector pipes from Little House customs and the fit was perfect This “hand wash” sink had a raised lip around the sides different from the one in the previous post. It was a Krowne 12W X 18L X 10 inch deep model HS-1419. Great quality and it took a little trimming of the opening. Easy!
Nice change out. Looking to do the same to my SD when I change the plumbing to Hepvo.

Mind if I ask,
Where did you get the wire basket on the back wall holding your scrubbies?
Motoboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 04:10 PM   #16

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
https://www.ebay.com/sch/tristatesur...88.m1543.l2654
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 09:30 PM   #17

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoboss View Post
Nice change out. Looking to do the same to my SD when I change the plumbing to Hepvo.

Mind if I ask,
My father installed those and he’s been gone for a few years and I have no idea where he got them. Happy hunting.
Old 12-23-2020, 08:43 PM   #18

Trailer: 1986 Boler 1300 Voyager
Registry
If I'd do it again I would use a sink like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077NS74VQ...ing=UTF8&psc=1Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201223-214316_Amazon%20Shopping.jpeg
Views:	14
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	138840
Markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 01:56 PM   #19

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoboss View Post

Mind if I ask,
Grayline 40501, Large Cabinet Rack, White
Look up on web. Walmart and Amazon have some.