Stained glass entry door window - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2008, 10:26 AM   #21

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I like Carols window better than my note paper stuck to my window that says "Please watch for cat. Do not let him out"

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:32 AM   #22

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi Gina

We use to have a note on the window with a picture of a cat ... which said:

"Please don't let the cat out, no matter what he tells you".

That didn't work, but at least our window lets everyone know we have a cat...

Carol

CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:15 PM   #23

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Quote:
Has anyone tried the "press on" Stained glass-looking film on their window? If so is it working well?
As I posted earlier, the previous owner of my Scamp 13' found a stick-on stained glass imitation and it has lasted quite well -- I don't know where she got the stuf.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:58 AM   #24

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
Quote:
Any more customers?

Ann

First off. Wow! Beautiful work! Second, do you think it would be possible to do a Boler door window? The Egg is a 72 with the original single pane awning/louvre window. It'd be pretty tiny but some type of nature scene in that window would finish my "Pine Cone" really nicely.

Here's what the door looks like now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Egg_Door.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	16760

Maybe something like this modified for the wide and low window?

Click image for larger version

Name:	TomThompson.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	16761

Can't wait to hear from ya!
Thanx!
cjlindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:16 PM   #25

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
You could always put a bigger window in the door to have bigger art!!

Scamp has several door windows, some that open for some ventilation.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:45 PM   #26

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
what a great idea for your rig, and for a business!
I pulled up the request on the form last year about "Stained Glass Entry Doors" as I have been doing stained glass for years. You can read the thread and see how the discussion developed. Then, Gina suggested that this would make a good business for someone.

Well……….being one to take, according to our daughter, two years to make any decision I decided to buck the odds, take a chance and stuck my foot in the water. My first client was Carol, Jim and her cat Jerry. I really enjoyed working with them. Lucy, our cat, liked the idea also. She loves the cat stroller that Carol, Jim and Jerry sent to her. Lucy begs to go out in it to watch the birds everyday.

Our next client was Don, who put together the wonderful installation guide on his Flicker site. Thank you, Don!

Every person who I have designed a window for in the last year has been a joy to work with. And every window is still traveling safe and sound in one piece, the exception being a few people who just couldn't resist tightening that last screw in the frame a bit too much. (Bill did the same thing with our window) We are now working with a heavier frame to help combat this problem.

I was going to wait to post the web site until I had made up a few more inexpensive Scamp and Casita windows to be ready made on the site for sale. Bill and I have been working all week putting together a safe, easy and effective mounting system for a stained glass window in the Scamp doorway. We spent all day yesterday traveling around the town looking the proper mounting components. We believe we did it.

Our first window will be mounted next week in Christine's Scamp in Florence. We are excited about the outcome and hope to make windows available to all Fiberglass RV's.

Bill and I just want to say thank you to everyone who allowed us to make a window for them this year, to Fiberglass RV for giving us the opportunity to start our little business and to Gina for making the suggestion.

Anyone need a new entry door window?

Ann
Little House Stained Glass

http://sites.google.com/site/littleh...inedglass/home
Bill&Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:23 PM   #27

Trailer: 2007 17 ft Escape B / RAV4 (19 ft74 13 ft Boler for sale)
Beautiful windows Ann!!!
I just bought an '07 17B Escape. One of your windows would look FABULOUS, but my door window is a crackled/frosted window. Could it still work?
Deb
Deb H is offline   Reply With Quote