Stealth Technology applied to Boler Air Conditioning Install - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Modifications, Alterations and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-07-2010, 06:04 PM   #1

Trailer: 1986 Boler 1300 Voyager
Registry
Prior to beginning, much research was done on this site. Some of the ideas from previous installs were used as well as many of our own innovative ideas. I think the results speak for themselves. Oh... and yes it works. We used it and left it on all 4th of July weekend while camping. Very cold inside while it was in the 90's out.
We have had the Boler for around 3 weeks and love it. This is our first camper and we look forward to many more improvements and modifications.

We love this site. Hope you like our work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00308_20100626_1742_shrunk.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	29364
[attachment=34553:IMG00319...14_small.
jpg] [attachment=34554:IMG00331...03_small.jpg[attachment=34555:IMG00333...44_small.j
pg]
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00360_20100703_2224_small.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	29369
Attached Thumbnails
IMG00315_20100627_1709_small.jpg   IMG00319_20100627_1714_small.jpg  

IMG00331_20100628_2103_small.jpg   IMG00333_20100630_2044_small.jpg  

Markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:11 PM   #2

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Registry
congrats and it's now time to change your profile. (stop dreaming and start enjoying!)
Carol Ann in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:22 PM   #3

Registry
Quote:
congrats and it's now time to change your profile. (stop dreaming and start enjoying!)
Thanks Carol just changed our profile from just dreaming to a 1986 Boler.

Next up are furnature covers,
Microwave,
Fantastic fan,
Rims and tires,
New Converter,
Screen House,
Generator install, and
Big Screen Theater
Old 07-07-2010, 08:10 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
Quote:
Thanks Carol just changed our profile from just dreaming to a 1986 Boler.

Next up are furnature covers,
Microwave,
Fantastic fan,
Rims and tires,
New Converter,
Screen House,
Generator install, and
Big Screen Theater
Nice work.

Which surround sound system are you going with? THX?
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:04 AM   #5

Trailer: 1991 Scamp 16 ft
Looks good. Is there a fan or something attached to the exhaust side of the unit to "push" the air up the exhaust vent? I'd think some pretty good force would be necessary to get the air through that tube and push open the exhaust vent door. Of course, I didn't major in thermodynamics either! I like the idea of that small outlet though. How does your fresh air get to the AC unit? Having just done mine also, I'm curious as to how others are working theirs.

1991 Scamp 16'
Bryan L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:17 AM   #6

Trailer: Burro 13 ft
Looks great!

I have a quick question about the cat heater below the AC. I have an 85 Burro that came with the same heater installed near the door under the front bench. It was a horrible install and I wanted to move it to your location. Could you tell me how they routed the gas line? does it go under the frame or in the front and around the floor?

thanks
kyle minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:22 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft and 1982 Perris Pacer 13 ft
Registry
You have a couple options: if your Burro has a "step-up" going to the rear just behind your tall, door-side cabinet (like many Bolers and Scamps), you can run your copper gas line from the galley along this "step" and into your cabinet. This can be covered with a "false" front made of wood or even metal. (On some models this chase is already existing to provide access for the water line to travel between the holding tank and your galley.)

Or you can run the copper down through the floor inside the galley cabinet (secured underneath your trailer) and over to the tall cabinet and bring it up through the floor there. I always wrap my copper lines with sections of rubber hose anytime the copper could rub against the edges of the hole. In fact, I also cover my copper lines with more rubber hose whenever it is exposed outside (below) the trailer to protect against any road debris that could be kicked up by TV tires.
Robert Johans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:12 PM   #8

Registry
Quote:
You have a couple options: if your Burro has a "step-up" going to the rear just behind your tall, door-side cabinet (like many Bolers and Scamps), you can run your copper gas line from the galley along this "step" and into your cabinet. This can be covered with a "false" front made of wood or even metal. (On some models this chase is already existing to provide access for the water line to travel between the holding tank and your galley.)

Or you can run the copper down through the floor inside the galley cabinet (secured underneath your trailer) and over to the tall cabinet and bring it up through the floor there. I always wrap my copper lines with sections of rubber hose anytime the copper could rub against the edges of the hole. In fact, I also cover my copper lines with more rubber hose whenever it is exposed outside (below) the trailer to protect against any road debris that could be kicked up by TV tires.
Two things:

First, sealable vents were installed in the wheel well and the waste water is drained through the open vents. I attached a customized pusher fan to the back of the air conditioner to boost the exhaust. The air does work without the booster fan on, just not as well.

The intake vents are closed when travelling and open when needed. I left a small vent area available to pull air from the interior of the boler if either 1) I forget to open the wheel well vents and/or 2) I want to quickly boost the system by cooling down the evaporator with cold air. It works!

Second, the heater is plumbed via copper tubing that is fed behind the step up for the double bed area over to the galley where it splits off to the stove.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:35 PM   #9

Registry
Quote:
Nice work.

Which surround sound system are you going with? THX?

If one can buy a THX single din marine head unit then I'll gladly welcome George Lucas over for dinner. camping. and a movie.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:46 PM   #10

Registry
We still need to complete the finishing work such as molding, etc. but love having air. Next week will be fitting in a microwave and completing the finishing.

Anyone have any good ideas for cabinet door material. Thinking of going with cabinet grade plywood and molding.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:27 AM   #11

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
We still need to complete the finishing work such as molding, etc. but love having air. Next week will be fitting in a microwave and completing the finishing.

Anyone have any good ideas for cabinet door material. Thinking of going with cabinet grade plywood and molding.
peterh has done a terrific job modifying the cabinet doors in his 5th wheel Scamp. Check out this post! cabinet doors - peterh post
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:12 PM   #12

Registry
Quote:
peterh has done a terrific job modifying the cabinet doors in his 5th wheel Scamp. Check out this post! cabinet doors - peterh post
Thanx

Tags
air conditioning, boler