Stick on tiles /kitchen remod - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2021, 01:07 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Stick on tiles /kitchen remod

I’ve seen some really nice kitchen remodeling.... using self stick tiles

I’m considering doing this to my little joe trailer... my question is do you think they will adhere to the low nape carpet that is on the walls ?

or should I first put up a smooth wall backing of some sort and if so how should I attach that to the carpet ... glue ???

Most of the pic I’ve seen the tiles are stuck to the fiberglass

Thanks in advance
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 01:25 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
We used those in a prior MH and they worked and looked great. They do require a smooth, clean surface. I doubt that they will adhere to the carpet.

I do not have a recommendation on how to adhere a backer board to the carpet. I would be tempted to remove the carpet just in that area and use some kind of epoxy.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 02:52 PM   #3

Name: Bob & Jackie
Trailer: 13' Scamp, 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe
Arizona
Stick on Tiles

We installed them in our Casita SD a couple of years ago and they worked out great. Yes, cleaned surface with 91 percent alcohol...let it dry then cut tiles to fit.
BobC
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0184.jpg  
Bob & Jackie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 03:45 PM   #4

Name: Michael
Trailer: Trail Cruiser
Alberta
The adhesive on self stick tiles isn't very strong and won't stick to carpet. I would suggest you remove the carpet first. That will give you an indication of what is behind it and what is available for attachment. These tiles will need a completely smooth surface to stick too and even then attachment to a vertical wall may be a challenge.
I've used linoleum over plywood for a shower, all one piece, and it worked very well. No seams and better adhesion but it was a difficult two person job.
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 06:57 AM   #5

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob & Jackie C View Post
We installed them in our Casita SD a couple of years ago and they worked out great. Yes, cleaned surface with 91 percent alcohol...let it dry then cut tiles to fit.
BobC
I prefer my galley window that I added to bring a little more natural lighting into that drab dark little Casita galley.
(First pic is the old "birdbath" galley sink and old POS Suburban stove. Third, fourth and fifth pics are of my new 9.5" deep galley sink and new flush mount Dometic stove.)
Got rid of that clunky oversized range hood too.
Attached Thumbnails
033 (Medium).JPG   041.jpg  

IMG_0006.jpg   IMG_0005.jpg  

IMG_0009.jpg  
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 09:02 AM   #6

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
I prefer my galley window that I added to bring a little more natural lighting into that drab dark little Casita galley.
(First pic is the old "birdbath" galley sink and old POS Suburban stove. Third, fourth and fifth pics are of my new 9.5" deep galley sink and new flush mount Dometic stove.)
Got rid of that clunky oversized range hood too.

Wow
That sink is beautiful I better not let my wife see it
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 09:08 AM   #7

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
If anyone is interested, it's this one. And it comes with a real chromed brass faucet assembly (as shown) and a stainless steel drain fitting.

https://www.katom.com/381-HS1419.htm...SABEgL2tfD_BwE

And this is the new stove I put in. It also seals tight to the counter top just like the sink. No more "gap" under the stove for crumbs and water to get under. It has sealed burners and I can actually turn this one down to a very low simmer without it sputtering and blowing out like the Suburban did. Grill just lifts off for wiping out, all stainless and easy to clean. So much better than the Suburban it came with. It also has Piezo push button ignition. No more matches or lighters.
https://pantherrvproducts.com/dometi...st-iron-grate/
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 07:52 PM   #8

Name: Debra
Trailer: Casita 2019
FL
Your galley looks great Greg. Very impressive.

Even with the fan on, my smoke detector often goes off and once the CO detector. (Had the propane system checked...it was OK). I guess your little window takes care of any steamy smoke.
Debbie in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote