Suction Cups, FG Camper's Friend - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2012, 08:30 PM   #1

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Suction Cups, FG Camper's Friend

I have shown these shelves before, have added more just to show you how very easy and friendly they are. The wall shelves are Magic Stickums $3.99 at Ollie's Bargain Store. The Door storage, curtesy Dollar General $2.00. Wall wooden Boxes for a bathroom $3.00. They stay attached, fully loaded while in travel. I'm just saying... have been using them for months now and so far, work great.
Attached Thumbnails
Shelves,12VoltRecepticals.jpg   DoorStorage.jpg  

LEDTableSuctionholder.jpg  
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:43 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Another great use for suctions cup hangers, and the main thing we use them for, is to attach them to the outside of the trailer by the door for coats and hats. Works great, and saves space inside, plus if clothes are a bit damp you can keep the moisture outside as they dry under the awning.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:01 PM   #3

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Another great use for suctions cup hangers, and the main thing we use them for, is to attach them to the outside of the trailer by the door for coats and hats. Works great, and saves space inside, plus if clothes are a bit damp you can keep the moisture outside as they dry under the awning.
Great thought Jim! Hanging damp clothes outside! Love it.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:04 PM   #4

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
I love that idea and at a great price too, I will have to hit the discount stores.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:14 PM   #5

Trailer: 2010 Escape 15 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I think that is a great idea. I hang coats inside and they take up space and if wet are not good to have inside. I usually camp with the awning out for dryness at the front porch area and suction cups with hooks outside makes so much sense. Thanks for the tip.
Cathy Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:31 PM   #6

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2008 13' Scamp
British Columbia
Yes, those suction cup shelves and hangers made a believer out of me. I was a little skeptical when my wife hung up several items, including the toilet paper. I thought everything would end up on the floor after a few road miles. 4 trips and everythings still in place. Color me wrong

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:53 PM   #7

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Another good use for the suction cup hooks is also on the outside of the trailer by the door for hanging dog leashes and dirty doggy towels.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:50 AM   #8
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
I wanted a small shelf next to the bed. I found a suction cup soap dish that stays put all season. Raz
Attached Images

Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:37 AM   #9

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft
I use the large clear suction cups on the outside of camper & attach a tarp to make a small canopy. I copied this idea from a previous post. Make sure that you do not put the suction cups near the stove & put potholders there. Ask me how I know..
Patty S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:39 AM   #10

Name: Tracy
Trailer: purchasing a Boler
Alberta
Suction cups won't work well on the ensolite of a Boler ... can anyone suggest something that will? I put up a 3M hook to hang a lantern and it pulled the ensolite away from the fiberglass on one side of my trailer although the same hook on the opposite side has stayed secure.
CheekyTracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:17 AM   #11

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I use a small suction cup to hang the remote temperature sensor on the outside of the trailer. I also use a lot of stick-on hook & loop inside.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #12

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
I use plastic hooks on grey VHB tape for hanging individual kitchen implements and the grommeted net bag-style organizer shown by Diane. The Uhaul and Burro glass inner hull can be very useful if you avoid driving a thousand screws thru it!

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #13

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Registry
I recently picked up a bunch of these hooks at Marshall's.

http://tinyurl.com/bu5ue9e

I use some on the exterior under the awning to hold fly rods. On the inside they hold a trash bag, towels in the shower and clothes.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #14

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
We have had varying degrees of success with suction cups in our UHaul VT. The bathroom stuff seems to always drop off the walls, usually in the middle of the night. However, I have a great fabric storage pocket-thingy that stays attached to the inner wall of the trailer by the door without a problem, even fully loaded with my pocket stuff. It may just be that our bathroom walls need cleaning or those suction cups are worn and leaking. I agree that the smooth walls in the UHaul make a great surface for these little helpers!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #15

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
we have utilized suction cups for as long as we've had the trailer, since i am loathe to make any holes in the fiberglass with a screw. like carol, we have secured them outside for jackets and towels. inside, we keep our toothbrushes and toothpaste in a clear unit similar to the one raz uses. hasn't come off in all those years! suction cup hooks on the mirror in our closet door hold our jackets and we also like those 3M removable hooks, too.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote