Taking down Scamp Cabinet - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #1

Name: gary
Trailer: 16' 1998 Scamp
Minnesota
Registry
Taking down Scamp Cabinet

I'm thinking of taking down the over-the-dinette cabinet in my 16' Scamp so I can refinish it without dripping stuff on other stuff. It's held up there by a bunch of round-top nuts. While taking those off does there need to be someone on the other side of the trailer's skin holding to the head on the other side, or are those things "bonded" in?
fusedlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Gary
If the cabinet that goes across the back of the trailer is made of fiberglass, those round head nuts are acorn nuts. They are used as decoration and backers for long pop rivets. So to take the cabinet down you have to remove the outside caps and drill out the poprivets. If you have an ensolite liner you can reinstall with 3/16 x 5/8 poprivets from a Hwd store and reuse your castle nuts. If you have rat fur lining you will have to get longer pop rivets from Scamp. Or you can reinstall with stainless screws and nuts.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #3

Name: Tom
Trailer: none
Minnesota
Registry
same for side dinette cabinet also sink side and any acorn nut in scamp is how they are attached per Eddie's description, wood cabinet like the overhead side cabinets are screws under the snap caps...when I first got my Scamp this had me head scratching for a few?? moments...
Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp