Where and when does it stop?
It's a camper, silly! It stops at campgrounds whenever you want it to!
As for the tweaking and tuning and changing, Lynne and I bought our Scamp
5th wheel last December, and pretty much knew we'd be re-arranging the gaucho and loft to make way for additional drawers and other storage and to spin the bed to run the "long" ways instead of side-to-side. (We have more sleeping room this way.)
That project is well underway. The bed is spun and we even took it out this weekend for a run out to Cannon Beach in Oregon. (I had
to go see the puffins!) Today I'll be making drawer fronts for the four drawers in our new chest-of-drawers setup, and once those are stained up and all pretty I'll post new pictures. But what else have we done? What else do we plan to do?
So far we've
- Installed a little flat screen TV
- Installed 12v outlets in dinette area
- Re-worked the kitchen drawer, replacing the back & bottom with a wire-mesh divider
- Installed a locking twist connector & removable shore power extension cord
And here's our to-do list (so far):
- Finish drawer fronts
- Make a coat-hanger mount for the space over our (new) laundry hamper
- Carpet the steps to the loft and the dog kennel (under the loft)
- Trim the loft platform
- Install a trim piece at the back edge of the laundry hamper
- Make & install drawers under top step to loft
- Make & install setup/tool box that goes under bottom step to loft
- Make and install a drawer under middle step to loft
- Make and install a closet with hanging space in the loft at the foot of the bed
- Install rat fur on loft platform
- Make new overhead cabinets for loft
- Make a valance for the loft windows with curtains and blackout shades
- Install new lighting and 110v/12v outlets in loft
And that finishes the loft, but wait!
- Make vacuformed plastic cold-cathode light fixtures for kitchen, dinette, & loft
- Make a folding dinette table
- Convert the dinette to a "U" seating arrangement with angled seat backs
- Get new foam & upholster the "U"
- Make an overhead cabinet for the dinette
- Install AM/FM/TV tuner/stereo system over dinette
- Install new countertops and add a new, two bowl sink with cutting board covers
- Make kitchen cabinet doors to match all the new drawers & cabinets
- Install TV/cable TV antenna connector & TV antenna mount
- Fabricate stabilizers to reduce trailer "rocking" while camping
- Install LED setup lighting at docking connectors and hitch
- Install 12v solar power system
And . . . I'm sure there's more. There's easily enough stuff on my list to keep me busy until I retire and then some.
One last note, by the way. Our trailer is just two years old
Buying the trailer is just the beginning . . .