Tire Table - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2017, 03:07 AM   #1

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Utah
Tire Table

Hey everyone!

While I was at my trailer restoration class, I snagged this picture of an outside table that utilizes your tire. Thought I'd share the invention with all of you since it is pretty ingenious and might be of use to any of you. Sorry the picture isn't that great... Iphones and screen projectors don't mix.

Patdeesky
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5389.jpg  
Patdeesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:37 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
What is a trailer restoration class?
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:38 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I see that you can move the chair if you want to sit elsewhere, but not the table.
There are inexpensive tables ( with legs ) available.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:15 AM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Does it hang on the spare tire when traveling? Actually a clever idea and good workmanship, can't take that away from the builder. But like Glenn says, maybe not all that practical.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:40 AM   #5

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
I see that you can move the chair if you want to sit elsewhere, but not the table.
There are inexpensive tables ( with legs ) available.
Yeah, and it seems like it would get beat up pretty badly on the drive home, banging around back there, going round and round.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:54 AM   #6

Name: Bob
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Georgia
The one I've seen was very nice, and without legs has the advantage of allowing you to get up under it easily. But if the rack for tire fit doesn't fold flat, I think I'd still prefer one I've had for years, which has about the same table top size.
Roll-A-Table-outfitterssupply.com
The legs quickly screw into the top and it's easy to stow.
FishingBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:32 PM   #7

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Longest View Post
What is a trailer restoration class?
My city offers community courses, one of them being "So you want to restore your travel trailer?" It covers what to look at for both stickies and molded fiberglass and what it takes to restore them. So far, what I have learned, is that switching out appliances and the like isn't that difficult as everyone makes it out to be. (I have some dumb friends and people in my state....)

Today is going to be the last day of the three day course; we will be touring the facility itself and see how they do their operations. I'm going to try to sneak myself into the company to trade hours for craftsman skills.
Patdeesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:57 PM   #8

Name: Buggeee
Trailer: Playpac
OH
The table is a perfect expression of the basic principles of trailer restoration. Make it your own, every one is unique, there is a shortcoming (read compromise) to every aspect of every part of the equipment (so enjoy the compromise as much as the gain), less is more, cute always works, there is always something more (you are never "done"), enjoy your coffee the peeps with the wheelie table are downing mimosa in a flute.
Buggeee is offline   Reply With Quote