Trails West Campster Decals on eBay - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #1

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Trails West Campster Decals on eBay

There is a set of Trails West Campster decals on eBay. They appear to be for the front and back of the coach and may be replicas.
Price is $38.90 for 2 decals.

search "Trails West Campster Decals" On eBay
If they don't come up PM me, I saved the listing.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:46 PM   #2

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I'm assuming those are the same ones I bought last fall- seller had them made up from photos and measurements from members here. I haven't put mine on yet- I'd forgotten I had them- but also haven't been camping since I bought them.. They are very nice. I can't get ebay to come up right now so can't verify that they are the same ones but based on price and the unlikelihood of anyone else having any, they probably are.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:05 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Direct link, $38.90 + free shipping: Trails West Campster Travel Trailer Fiberglass Decal 17 1/2" Set Of Two White
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:13 PM   #4

Registry
Yes, same seller. They are authentic design, measurements came from my Campster. The Campster had one on the door, below the window, and another on the front above the window. (I need to figure out how to remove those to install the new one- front one is almost gone, but the back is still visible and fairly distinct.)
Old 03-10-2014, 09:57 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Bobbie, consider using the Eraser to remove old, crusty decals: Choice Tool Supply 4" Smart Eraser Pad for Pinstripe, Decal & Adhesive Removal [Made In USA] : Amazon.com : Automotive I've never used it, but can point you to several threads here on FiberglassRV where owners praise the product.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:56 PM   #6

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
I used to remove the decals from all the vehicles at work we were trading in for new ones and used our 3000 psi presser washer. Never had any problem with taking off any paint but I never had to use it on fiberglass. I would think it should be fine also. I know that at 3000 psi it's double of most home use sprayers at 1500 psi but those may work fine. Just throwing that out there.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:17 AM   #7

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
I use a heat gun to remove decals. There is an exact temperature where they will pull up intact, which is about 10 degrees below where they melt, but it's just a learning curve. Also, because it's fiberglass, unless it's been painted, acetone is your best friend.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:58 AM   #8

Registry
I need to redo the poliglow so I'll try their polyprep first (I have some of both left.) Removing and removing after forty-four years may be two different things, though! But as long as I'm then covering it back up it should be fine. Won't happen until summer as I left the poliglow in Washington. (Though I did bring the decals... I think..)
Old 07-31-2014, 02:31 PM   #9

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Bobbie, consider using the Eraser to remove old, crusty decals: Choice Tool Supply 4" Smart Eraser Pad for Pinstripe, Decal & Adhesive Removal [Made In USA] : Amazon.com : Automotive I've never used it, but can point you to several threads here on FiberglassRV where owners praise the product.
I saw a couple of references to this and decided to try it after solvent didn't budge even the edges of the more intact decal. So I ordered one. I'll see if it works before investing more elbow grease.

Worse comes to worst, I'm going to put the new one plumb over the old decal... But worth a try at removal first. And if it does a good job removing, I may tackle the side stripes.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:46 PM   #10

Trailer: 1970 (Circa) Compact Jr and 1993 Casita
After many kinds of solutions and no progress-I sanded the old decal lightly and cleaned it good.
Then applied the new one right over it-looks pretty good and has held so far.
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:29 PM   #11

Registry
I'll see how the eraser does- if it doesn't work, I'll go for the paste on top method. Let's see a picture of yours, Rick.

There is a set of the side decals available
Trails West Campster Travel Trailer Decal Set MCM Graphic Silver Black Boomarang | eBay

Mine are still fine so not going for these.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:14 PM   #12

Registry
Midjob update: the eraser took the faded front decal off, mostly. There is an outline in white but I think that's where the decal protected the gelcoat from UV damage.

The door is a little more of a hassle. It isn't gelcoat, and flexes (I think it is an aluminum or steel panel) and is painted, so it's harder to get the decal off with the wheel eraser. I'm still working on it and will probably need some kind of glue remover when I'm done (which may take off more paint.) I may have to sand the door to get it smooth enough to reapply the new decal- we'll see.

I'm nervous about applying the decal so haven't done the front one yet. Just finished erasing an hour ago.

Tags
campster, trails west