Trillium 4500: Quick and Easy Closet Shelving - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2017, 06:13 AM   #1

Name: James
Trailer: Trillium 4500
New Jersey
Trillium 4500: Quick and Easy Closet Shelving

If you have a Trillium 4500 and live near an ALDI market, they have 23.75"w x 16"L x 12"H stackable wire mesh shelves for $7 a piece that fit perfectly in the closet.

I was't sure on the depth of the closet but ALDI sells out of their weekly deals quickly (and does not restock) so I figured I could buy them and return if needed. To set them up I left all three in the nested position, turned the long side vertical to get them in the closet, then rotated them 90 degrees then stacked them in the closet.

There was a little flexing needed to rotate them 90 degrees in the closet but I did not need to distort the wire to do so. It is about as a good a fit as I could have hoped for. It cost $22.30 and took 2 minutes to set up.

I was going to do a PVC set up (a really good option), but when I saw these I had to give them a shot. In the amount of time I would have spent at home depot just making sure the PVC Tee fitting matched the size on the box, I had these purchased and installed.

I found the same wire shelves at Walmart.com (see the link below) and Staples.com. $18.99 is not $7.99 but it still seems worth $60 for such an easy set up and exact fit; the PVC/Plywood method would cost $40+ in materials if you don't have them laying around.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Large-Sta...5283#read-more

junglejim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:17 AM   #2

New Jersey
here is the weekly ad from ALDI showing the shelves
https://www.aldi.us/en/weekly-specials/our-weekly-ads/

And I should probably clean the floor of my closet. The previous owner stored jack stands and tools in there.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:57 PM   #3

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Those look really good, really useful, lightweight, and what a price!

Kudos to you!

BEST
Kai
Old 10-14-2017, 03:05 PM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
closet

I like the design of your closet mine doesn't look like that at all. I also like your shelving idea.

does Aldi beat the socks off everyone or not?

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:57 AM   #5

New Jersey
Thanks Kai. I have way too projects on the to-do list - really lucked out with the shelves.

Bob,
I am really impressed with ALDI. Their basics, food-wise, are just as good as regular supermarkets (they just don't carry many specialty products). The produce is limited but good, fresh and even organic(a lot better than trader joes, who ALDI owns).

What has been more surprising is the quality of their home goods/tools/outdoor gear. I am a gear junky and have worked with a lot of tools (high end and cheap on both fronts). ALDI's stuff is not high end but it is definitely quality for the bargain. Tents are seem sealed and stay dry and as good or better than coleman/bigbox stuff, tools are as good or better than the value/entry brands like ryobi or black& decker, and organizing/home goods are solid quality for basic needs, all at 1/3-1/2 the price of anywhere else.

Tags
trillium, vin