Trillium Interior Reno - Kichen / Dinette Mock up - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #21

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Nice work, one question re: sink. Is there a "p" trap there or Hepvo valve in use?
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:15 AM   #22

Name: Peter
Trailer: Trillium Jubilee 15'-0
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hammel View Post
Wow! Very nice work! Are you a carpenter?
Yes !
peatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #23

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Nice work, one question re: sink. Is there a "p" trap there or Hepvo valve in use?
The waste on the sink is just roughed in at the moment and I have to look into traps etc a little further.

The tiny sink that was in the old kitchen had an upside down dome type fitting under the outlet ..... is this the "Hepvo" valve you mention ? Presumably this forms a trap for sewer gases.

I'm wondering if I need any kind of a trap here as the outlet through the trailer wall just empties out into a 5 gallon plastic bucket that has no accumulation of fumes .... I'd be grateful for any thoughts that you have on this !
Old 04-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #24

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Davis View Post
Oh Peter this is amazing! Will you come to Virginia and do my kitchen? Can there be such a thing as "too nice for camping" ?
Well Diane .... we are planning on driving from BC to Nova Scotia via the U.S. this year ( if I ever get this bloomin trailer finished that is ) and as much as we would dearly love to see Virginia I think the time might be a little too tight to fit it in. Thanks for the invite though !
Old 04-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #25

Name: Tonja
Trailer: 1979 Trillium 1300
North Dakota
Wow!!! Looks great - almost makes me want to clear mine and start over...nah, would cut into camping time!
ndquiltlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #26

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
peter---EXCELLENT reno job! everything is so very well thought-out.

are you planning on putting your fridge on the curbside? and what about a furnace?
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #27

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
peter---EXCELLENT reno job! everything is so very well thought-out.

are you planning on putting your fridge on the curbside? and what about a furnace?
Thanks Theresa ....... the fridge is actually in place in a cabinet opposite to the kitchen but there is no door on it so it's not too visible ... see attached pic. I was advised on the forum to prop the door open while the fridge was dormant through the winter. I decided to take the door off and pull it apart and clean it up and spray paint it's front panel. The fridge face surround, where the hinges are, was pretty ugly too with scratches and rust across the bottom where there had been drips of moisture so these four strips of metal got pulled also, ground clean and repainted.

I have pulled the furnace out as I don't think we'll be doing too much real cold weather camping and can better use the space that it occupied. We can use a little buddy heater if we are without shore power in the fall or spring. The furnace worked well and I still have it along with it's vent and thermostat.
Attached Thumbnails
Fidge : Microwave cabinet.jpg  
Old 04-08-2013, 05:56 AM   #28

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by peatle View Post
The waste on the sink is just roughed in at the moment and I have to look into traps etc a little further.

The tiny sink that was in the old kitchen had an upside down dome type fitting under the outlet ..... is this the "Hepvo" valve you mention ? Presumably this forms a trap for sewer gases.

I'm wondering if I need any kind of a trap here as the outlet through the trailer wall just empties out into a 5 gallon plastic bucket that has no accumulation of fumes .... I'd be grateful for any thoughts that you have on this !
no tank, no trap needed.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:28 AM   #29

Name: Bee
Trailer: Trillium Jubilee
PE
Registry
Do you still have those covers? Do you have pics?
Thanks ahead of time
Bee in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:54 AM   #30

British Columbia
Are these the covers that you are enquiring about Bee ?

DSCN6960.JPG
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN6960.jpg  
Old 05-22-2014, 08:02 PM   #31

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Okay,I can already see a big problem with this over all lay out.

It is so well thought out & planed with both work & relaxing in mind that you will want to be camping all the time.Looks great! your family will enjoy it so much.

Happy Camping............and keep those pictures coming,we enjoy seeing and hearing what you have done and how you did it.
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:27 PM   #32

PE
Registry
You mentioned dark red floral ones from the front gaucho peatle.... Are those the ones in the pics?
Old 05-23-2014, 12:14 AM   #33

British Columbia
The ones in this pic are from the original 4 seater dinette.

We did cut up the cover of the seat the front couch for something else so if that is what you are looking for then I'm afraid it's long gone. I think that I do have the ones in the pic still. If you are interested in them then I will search for them.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:30 AM   #34

Name: David
Trailer: Scamp
Michigan
Inspiring work!
DaMScampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:21 PM   #35

PE
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by peatle View Post
The ones in this pic are from the original 4 seater dinette.

We did cut up the cover of the seat the front couch for something else so if that is what you are looking for then I'm afraid it's long gone. I think that I do have the ones in the pic still. If you are interested in them then I will search for them.
Thanks for the offer, but it's the gaucho I need.... Are you able to send me a diagram of the dimensions of the backrest? Mine is missing.... lucky I sew!

Bee
Old 05-24-2014, 07:18 PM   #36

British Columbia
I don't have the actual plywood of the backrest any longer. I might still have the fabric cover of the backrest ... I think that we only cut up the cover of the seat. do you want me to look for it ..... it will be in my crawlspace.

Peter

Tags
trillium