Trillium interior walls - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2015, 07:06 PM   #1

Name: Ann
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
Trillium interior walls

I just bought a Trillium and the previous owner has painted the interior walls with a latex paint. Has anyone had experience with removing paint from the interior walls? I would like to get the trailer back to as close to original.
hixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:32 AM   #2

Name: Deirdre
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Ontario
that will likely be close to impossible…you would have to really soak them and scrub the heck out of them…i just painted mine and i love it - there are some stripping products in the market but they may do more damage to the ensolite than just removing the paint. maybe just pick a new colour and repaint…good luck either way!
littlemisspippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 12:10 PM   #3
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Hello Ann and welcome to the forum. Trillium used a vinyl coated ensolite as interior wall covering/ insulation. It is common for folks to paint it. What ever you do don't remove it. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:04 PM   #4

Name: Ann
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
Thanks for the tips. I came to the realization that I can live with a new coat of paint. Mostly it was just so poorly applied my first reaction was to get it off! Now my other problem is removing the same paint from the green fibreglass around my sink and closet.... I'm sure it will come off with a low heat setting on a heat gun. Has anyone else had experience with removing latex paint not he inside fibreglass? I'm a total newbie here and have a lot of stuff to figure out but if I can get the floors and walls sorted for the time being I'll be happy!
hixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:47 PM   #5

Name: Deirdre
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Ontario
hmmm...would depend on how the PO prepped it - if they just painted a latex over it with no priming, you may be able to "scrub" it off...if they did it properly, again, it may be a bit of a challenge. Not sure about using a heat gun - I don't have enough of that kind of experience - some of the other members may.
littlemisspippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:07 AM   #6

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
A heat gun will likely soften up the resin as much as the paint. I have tried a heat gun. I put a groove in the gel coat. Not recommended.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium