Trillium Jubilee 15' remodel - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2017, 07:34 AM   #1

Name: Philippe
Trailer: Trillium
Quebec
Talking Trillium Jubilee 15' remodel

Hi!

I'm new to this forum! Me and my girlfriend just bought a 1979 Trillium Jubilee 15' and we want to take it on the road around Canada and United-States next year for a 3 month period! with our new baby girl (my girlfriend is expecting, expected date sept 30).

The camper is in good shape but still, we are planning on doing some improvements both inside and outside. Since it's our first camper we don't really know what are the most common updates on this kind of trailer and what we should do to make it more practical for our 3 month trip!

I don't know if there was a previous thread on the same subject or if some of you could share great ideas with me !

Thks in advance!!

Phil
pog_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:20 AM   #2

Name: Buggeee
Trailer: Playpac
OH
Hey Phil! Throw up some pictures so peeps can see what you're dealing with.

For me, new tires and wheel bearings right out of the gate. Trailer tires are good for no more than 5 years and 3 years would be a safer bet for a long trip like you are planning. You cannot judge by tread depth. Treiler tread rarely gets bad before the tires do. Age and time in the sun are what does them in. On these trailers tires are dirt cheap and I got mine mailed to me from Amazon alread mounted to my choice of rim. Be good to yourself and spring for a new spare as well. Middle of the night on the side of the highway in the rain is no time to be cheap!!!
Buggeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:57 AM   #3

Name: Deb
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Ontario
Don't know if you are close to Ottawa but I take my Trillium to Primo Trailer. They are right on getting the bearing redone - regardless of what the seller told you. Have the tires - including the spare checked along with the frame.

I would also have the propane lines and connections checked - better safe than sorry. Also age of the tanks.

Assuming the electrical works well - but you should check on all the connections and where it runs for wear.

Bought mine about 2 years ago and am now redoing the windows and belly band as it has had some leaks.
Deborah S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 07:00 AM   #4

Name: Gilles
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB, 2004
Quebec
Registry
Hello Philippe, congratulations on your purchase.
I see you're from Quebec.
You have found a very good site to get information on these small shells.
As you are from Quebec You can also find a lot of informatios on the Facebook page of: Bolerama Québec:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/117575571626204/

We have reached more than 1,400 members, owners of fiberglass trailers.

If you want to see these small trailers with their design, on September 8-9-10 we meet in Roberval, Camping Mon Plaisant, with an open day on Saturday usually. Interested owners will open their doors to share their configuration.

To date there are more than 180 entries, 180 trailers that will be found at the same time in the same section of this campsite.

I already owned a 1980 Jubilee due 7 years and I appreciated its brightness, with all its windows.

If you are not ready to go with your trailer, At Camping Mont Plaisant, you can come as a visitor on Saturday for the open doors.

Good renovations, have fun,
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 07:06 AM   #5

Name: Gilles
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB, 2004
Quebec
Registry
The gathering is identified in column

"Upcoming Events"

of the Fiberglass'Rv page you are currently using.

Have a good day,
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 12:59 AM   #6

Name: Peter
Trailer: Trillium Jubilee 15'-0
British Columbia
Jubilee Reno

Philippe ... welcome to the FGRV site and welcome to Jubilee world.

Here is a link to one post of mine that I submitted when renovating my 1980 Jubilee before doing the opposite to you and coming from BC over to the East coast of Canada and the U.S. in 2013.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...-up-56880.html

There are lots more posts that you can find about the reno if you do a search under my user name peatle.

Come back to me through this forum or PM me if you want any specific info and I'll be happy to help if I can.

Good luck with your reno and your future trip with your new family.
peatle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium