Trillium Reno - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #1

Name: Ashley
Trailer: '75 13ft Trillium
British Columbia
Trillium Reno

Hi All!

I haven't posted anything new in ages...frankly it's taking us longer to do the work than we thought! We just got her back after a new paint job and she looks AWESOME!! Now we're trying to figure a few things out....any suggestions would be great!
We removed the furnace as it wasn't working and all rusty. Now we are left with a hole on the side of the trailer. One suggestion we received was to have a piece of diamond plate cut for that space and seal it up with some Butyl Tape. The vent that was there has lots of paint on it and was actually damaged so we don't want to use it. We were also told that to protect the front from rocks we could put some diamond plate there as well...but I'm not sold on that idea myself.
The belly band is another thing we aren't sure about. I think it looks awesome as is now that it's cleaned up...but we were thinking of maybe some truck trim around it.
Any thoughts??

This weekend we plant to start re-insulating...still lots of work to get done inside!

Hopefully we get speed things up and get camping soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Stella.jpg  
Trillium.Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:20 AM   #2

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
What would be the harm in fiberglassing in the old opening for that furnace?

The belly band, I'd tend to leave it original and polished with new insert in the middle of it...
Attached Thumbnails
plymouth n trailer17.jpg  
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #3

Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
I am not any help but i just wanted to say it looks so pretty and shiney!
sfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #4

Name: Ron
Trailer: Trillium 13 ft (green grape)
Ontario
Stella
You could put a door on both sides (IN & OUT) and have a storage space accessable from in & out .I running into the same problem and looking at ideas too.
Ron
RRJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #5

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
If you tried to fill in that hole to make it disappear you would be opening a whole bag of worms and would, no doubt, wind up doing a complete repaint before you are done. The easiest and least intrusive way might be to shop the RV sources and find a louvered vent that would cover the hole. Back that up with some thin aliminum, seal it in place, and no one would know that there was an unused hole under the vent.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:57 PM   #6

Name: Reid
Trailer: 1979 Trillium 4500
Oregon
Registry
I tend to agree w/ Bob about the louver cover for the hole. That would be the solution with least potential headache. We glassed over the area where the belly band was and painted it just as you have done and left it with out a band IMHO it looks better with out the band. Might be a good place for a tape stripe or a pinstripe if you feel the need to accentuate the place where the old band use to be. Back to the furnace hole-maybe you will want to put in a new furnace some day and use the vent hole.
Reid Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:06 AM   #7

Name: Joel
Trailer: 1981 Boler
Sarnia, Ontario
Ashley,

That paint looks very good, can you tell me what kind of paint/type/how it was painted?

you mention that hole in the side, its to bad you didn't have that hole filled where the furnace is/was before you painted it. they have real nice quiet furnaces if you require one called Propex heaters. they can be vented out threw the bottom of the trailer so no holes/vents in the side.

but thats a very nice looking trailer you've got there, I'd love trade our Boler for one..

you interested? haha

good luck with all the work there,
idiotsniff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium