Trillium Renovation - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2011, 09:57 AM   #21

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Hey Randy, did this trailer come with awning rails on both sides? I have never seen that on a Trillium before.

Great threads by the way!
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #22

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booker B. View Post
Hey Randy, did this trailer come with awning rails on both sides? I have never seen that on a Trillium before.

Great threads by the way!
No I put the back one on for the buddy I bought it from, he was going to put awnings on both sides so he could store stuff under the back one when it rained but he never got the extra awning. I'm thinking about putting 2 bag awnings on the sucker
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #23

Rebuilding the overhead cabinet, the front overhead cabinet was coming apart and the wood was all to pieces.So here is my solution to the problem, I rebuilt it out of fiberglass panels so they will never rot again, the doors are two layers thick because they are a little flimsy, I glued them together with formicia glue. All I like now is putting on the stops, knobs and reinstalling it..A few Pictures....
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium_Renov_003.jpg   Trillium_Renov_006.jpg  

Trillium_Renov_009.jpg   Trillium_Renov_010.jpg  

Trillium_Renov_011.jpg   Trillium_Renov_014.jpg  

Trillium_Renov_015.jpg   Trillium_Renov_017.jpg  

Old 04-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #24

Well I got the cabinet rehung and it turned out pretty good. Now need to find some more of those thumb pulls for the sliding doors on the end doors and the little stops..Picture of it installed...Will start on the rest of the interior this week weather permitting..........
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium__Renov_002.jpg  
Old 04-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #25

This is the inside before I start.... I've scrubed all the walls and ceilings using 1/2 bleach and 1/2 water and the fumes were terrible so right off the bat I setup a large industrical fan on one end and opened all the windows and got'er done. there were several moldy spots and lot more dirt than I had first though. Looks good now..Pulled out all the rubber trim thats in the walls at the covering seams boilded them to remove all the dipples and reinstalled them already...I'll be putting in hardwood floors, wood trim around the windows and new curtains...
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium__Renov_004.jpg   Trillium__Renov_006.jpg  

Trillium__Renov_011.jpg   Trillium__Renov_013.jpg  

Trillium__Renov_014.jpg  
Old 04-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #26

Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Randy, looking great. Your coming up with some nice ideas for fixing it up. Looking foreward to seeing the finished rig, as I bet you are.
DannyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:31 PM   #27

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Randy, that's going to be terrific! Nice job!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #28

Got back to work on the Trillium stripped the inside and got a lot of it done still working on cabinet doors and sewing the cushion covers..Afew pictures to share with everyone.......................

The inside before..
Attached Thumbnails
trillium 2.jpg   Trillium 3.jpg  

Trillium 1.jpg  
Old 04-25-2011, 06:22 PM   #29

After shots.....
Attached Thumbnails
trillium 4.jpg   trillium 11.jpg  

trillium 7.jpg   trillium 8.jpg  

trillium 9.jpg   trillium 10.jpg  

Old 04-25-2011, 06:24 PM   #30

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Beautiful!!!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:37 PM   #31

Someone had asked about a front for their Frige I found a piece of 1/8 Oak veneer at Lowe's and put it in mine to match the flooring..It's just stuck in there right now I still have to polyurethane it and add the trims I'm going to put on it......
Attached Thumbnails
Refrigerator.jpg   refrigerator 2.jpg  

Old 04-25-2011, 08:09 PM   #32

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Hi, Randy

How did you refinish the stovetop?
I did mine a couple of times and it looked just like yours in the "after" pictures- until I'd cooked on it for a while !
I finally stripped all the old paint off and am just living with the beat-up original plated finish. It looks just like your "before" picture.
What's your magic solution?

Thanks,

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:04 AM   #33

Yes I refinished it with Heat resistance paint 2 coats and a final coat of appliance apoxy, I've done this before with just the heat resistance paint and after cooking on it for a long time it will brown a little around the eyes but it's not too noticeable.. but the way it was needed something done and this was the cheapest and easiest thing to do and it matched pretty close....I hope the appliance apoxy will do better this time only time will tell..
Old 04-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #34

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
Yes I refinished it with Heat resistance paint 2 coats and a final coat of appliance apoxy,.
Do you "bake" it after you put on the heat resistant paint?
I noticed on the instructions (AFTER I painted, naturally) that the H.R. paint is cured by the heat of the BBQ or engine or whatever.
I wondered if I'd have gotten a better bond if I'd stuck it in the oven for a while...

Thanks!

Francesca
Old 04-29-2011, 04:21 PM   #35

Sorry for the delay in getting back but I'm right in the middle of all the destruction that has hit the great state of Alabama and it is BAD!! BADD!! BADDD!! beyond compare so far over 200 killed, looks like we maybe without power for 7 to 10 days I;m running off a generator right now..One good thing about it my family came through it without any injuries or damage to their homes... No I didnot bake it maybe thats where I messed up before but I'm going to try it as is then redo it later if needed......
Old 04-29-2011, 04:32 PM   #36

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
Sorry for the delay in getting back but I'm right in the middle of all the destruction that has hit the great state of Alabama and it is BAD!! BADD!! BADDD!! beyond compare so far over 200 killed, looks like we maybe without power for 7 to 10 days I;m running off a generator right now..One good thing about it my family came through it without any injuries or damage to their homes... No I didnot bake it maybe thats where I messed up before but I'm going to try it as is then redo it later if needed......
Good Lord, Randy- do NOT apologize...I'm just glad you and your family are okay!
If there's anything at ALL I can do for you, and I mean ANYTHING, please ask!
P.M., E-mail or call- I P.M.'d you my ph.number, in the message about the cushions, remember?

Take Care and God Bless

Francesca
Old 05-20-2011, 05:59 PM   #37

Finally got to do some more work on the Trillium, got my cushions back a local uphostery shop sewed all the cushion covers for $280.00 labor I supplied the material they supplied the zippers and labor, got my cabinet doors done..The piece of oak laminate I had stored in the barn for several years that I used on the frige don't match the doors exactly but it's close enough for me.. I sewed all new curtains and now I'm installing all new LED lighting..A few pictures to share..............
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium_inside_Renov_003.jpg   Trillium_inside_Renov_004.jpg  

Trillium_inside_Renov_005.jpg   Trillium_inside_Renov_009.jpg  

Trillium_inside_Renov_012.jpg  
Old 08-09-2011, 04:02 AM   #38

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
You have me thinking, that a Trillium is in my future. Thanks for all the great info Randy.

Would I have any trouble pulling one with a 114hp 4 cyl Volvo 240 Wagon?
Night Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:30 AM   #39

Name: Scot
Trailer: Trillium 4500
Ontario
The oak flooring and doors really look terrific. May I ask what you did with the opening under the dinette (to access the fresh water tank)?
The storage cubbies under the seats looks immaculate. What is the grey on the floor under the door side seat?
I am the new owner of a 4500 and am really impressed with what you have done. Thanks for sharing your ideas and expertise.
Scot M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:35 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot M View Post
The oak flooring and doors really look terrific. May I ask what you did with the opening under the dinette (to access the fresh water tank)?
The storage cubbies under the seats looks immaculate. What is the grey on the floor under the door side seat?
I am the new owner of a 4500 and am really impressed with what you have done. Thanks for sharing your ideas and expertise.

I laid out the flooring so that the grove side ended right at the start of the holding tank plywood lid coming off the back wall. I then glued the rest of the flooring to the plywood lid covering the holding with contact cement and ran them all the way to the front edge, now you can pull on the floor and the whole piece will come out for easy access, I did run a piece of oak corner trim across the front so to access it you have to remove that piece but its only held in place with 4 finish nails. In the future after I have to get in there again I think I will re-install it with some small screws so it can be removed and reinstalled.
The gray stuff on the floor in the storage compartments is something I bought at a store we have here called Dirt Cheap its something like a Big Lots store, the stuff is something like rat fur comes in several colors it's 28"X45" and usually sells for $1.99 each but I caught them on sale for .99 ea. and bought several of them in green, purple, red, black, blue and grey they didn't have any orange ones. I didn't want stuff bouncing around on the hard floor so I put this in there also in the upper cabinets and storage binds. I'm going to color match them now purple in the one with purle strips and green in the one with green and so on.......Here are some pictures of the stuff..
Attached Thumbnails
3333.jpg   666.jpg  

555.jpg   444.jpg  

Tags
trillium