Trillium Revamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #1

Name: Peter
Trailer: Trillium Jubilee 15'-0
British Columbia
Trillium Revamp

Hi everyone ..... I'm new here, this is my first post.

I bought a 1980 Trillium Jubilee 15' just over a week ago and we took it down over the line to a campsite at Grandy Creek in Washington this past weekend ( we live in Surrey BC )

The trip went well and my little 3.0L Ford Ranger pulled it very nicely. I had been looking for a Boler to get the minimum weight possible and I was a bit hesitant about the Trillium at a rated 726kg dry. The fact that it had brakes swayed me and I was glad it did because everything went so well.

Anyway ....... me being a habitual renovator, I started tearing out some of the inside today. I have removed the front bunks and seat bases as we want to be able to not have to make up the bed every night. So I will create a small dinette at the front and the bed can be left made up all the time.
I have also pulled out the laminate flooring, it was in decent shape but not to our liking .... probably got rid of 15 - 20 lbs right there.

There is vinyl underneath and I have to remove that also as the laminate was PL'd down. There are a few squeeks in the floor and I am hoping that, when I get the vinyl up, what I believe is an underlayment ply beneath it can be screwed down to the structural ply to get rid of the squeeks ..... anyone have any thoughts on this.

What I'm really looking for though is ideas on finishing materials and practical but attractive layouts and I'm wondering if there are any galleries of photos of other peoples projects that might give me ideas and fire my imagination. I am a Carpenter & Joiner by trade so I can take are of the doing, it's the conceiving that I'm a bit weak on.

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can give .

Peter Russell
peatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #2

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
The Trillium Jubilee gets lumped in with all the other Trilliums. Since it doesn't have fibreglass furniture, we should have a separate category on the home page. You can search the pictures for Jubilee. That should come up with what you are looking for. Please take a look at this trailer:
Fiberglass 15 foot trailer ( could be Trillium ) - Alberta Travel Trailers, Campers For Sale - Kijiji Alberta Canada.

I think it is a Jubilee, but no one seems sure.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:47 AM   #3

British Columbia
Thanks for the link David !

That trailer has some very nice finishing inside and outside. It looks like it might be set up more for entertaining than sleeping alhough I am sure the beds are probably very funtional.

From what I can see the outside has the same basic shape and moulding as mine. Mine has a front window of course and a window behind the kitchen and the windows are all of the old Jalousie type.

If you are selling this for $3,900 then whoever buys it will have a real steel as that is a lot less than I paid for mine.

Peter
Old 09-26-2012, 06:46 AM   #4

Alberta
Registry
It is not mine, but it has been for sale for quite some time. I agree, the price is great.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Peter, congratulations on your new trailer!

If you look at Fiberglass-rv-4sale under the Trillium section you may get some ideas looking at all the photos of whats for sale. Take a look in the Trilliums sold section as well. Great place to look at what others have done.

Hope you join us at one of our BC rallys.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:41 PM   #6

British Columbia
Thanks Carol ..... I will take a look at the links you suggest.

I have just posted a new thread with some photos of the trailer after I have ripped out the flooring. I need a bit of advice on redoing the floor.

Peter
Old 09-27-2012, 06:56 AM   #7
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Hello Peter and welcome to the forum. If you poke around this forum (using the search function) you will find lots of very nice renovations. This one stands out in my mind as one of the best. Enjoy, Raz

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...amp-45069.html
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Peter, I seem to be late to the party... you already have four posts! I just wanted to say to FiberglassRV... we're glad you're here!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #9

British Columbia
Hi Donna ........ thanks for the welcome. What a very agreeable group of people on this forum, feel like I've fallen into a big friendly family!

And from the little time I've spent exploring the miscellaneous avenues within the site I notice that you seem to be ever present with your judicious comments, help and advice.

Peter
Old 09-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #10

Alberta
Registry
Donna ROCKS!

Tags
trillium