Trillium Roof Vent Weather strip/seal source? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #1

Name: Brandon
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Alberta
Trillium Roof Vent Weather strip/seal source?

I'm in the process of modifying my (original small guy) trillium roof vent to accomodate a fan. It's sealed well and everything to the fiberglass, however there is a rubber weather strip that runs around where the hatch closes against that needs to be replaced. Anyone have a source for it? Anyone ever installed a fan in one of these?
BrandonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #2

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Brandon, What year is your trailer? Does it have a 9" vent? If that is the case, there are no fans that fit that size of vent. See the below thread for a good deal of info:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...all-56274.html
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #3

Name: Brandon
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Brandon, What year is your trailer? Does it have a 9" vent? If that is the case, there are no fans that fit that size of vent. See the below thread for a good deal of info:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...all-56274.html
Hey David, I have an '81 Trillium 1300. I'm actually in process of fitting a fan into my 9" vent. don't want to mess with the original if i didn't have to. I'll show you some pictures when i'm done, found a decent fan that fits well with minor mod, built a mount out of some lexan sheet i had, zero modification required on the vent at all. could be a really simple retrofit for others once i'm done. I just need to wire it up, which will be a while. Will follow up with you this week re the electrical box.
BrandonC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium