U-Haul CT-13 Interior Paint Color? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2017, 10:33 AM   #1

Name: Tom
Trailer: Trillium
Washington
U-Haul CT-13 Interior Paint Color?

Hi all!

I have a U-Haul CT-13 and I'm wondering if anyone knows the original paint color, color formula or a comparable color with today's spray paints.

I'm patching some screw holes with foam and need to paint over those areas to finish the job.

Thanks!
Tom Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:14 PM   #2

Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Registry
I found Dupli Color Ford Wimbledon White comes close at least for myVT. I think they all had the same gel coat color
mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:44 PM   #3

Name: Gary
Trailer: UHaul CT13
Iowa
Tom,

Depending on how fussy you want to be, or if you might want to paint a bigger area at some point, I had pretty good luck mixing 2 different colors of Nason acrylic enamel.... neither was quite right on their own, but mixed 50/50, the combination is very close to the original gelcoat color.

My CT-13 was hit from behind, so I had a lot of fiberglass repair to do, and then had to repaint at least that portion of the interior. So I painted out to where the f/g curved, or met a window molding, etc..... and then carefully buffed the edges once it had cured for several days, and it came out pretty good. [and this enamel is pretty affordable stuff--my initial try was 2 half-pints mixed up, with some reducer bought for it as well, for $30-40]

One of the Rustoleum off-whites comes pretty close, as well, if you don't want this more complicated approach.

Gary
Attached Thumbnails
15-0813-02a-2!!!.jpg   16-1231 InteriorPaint 03.jpg  

16-1231 InteriorPaint 05.jpg  
Old 05-13-2017, 07:11 AM   #4

Name: Gary
Trailer: UHaul CT13
Iowa
Tom,
small addendum to yesterday's post... I think it was "Heirloom White" [from Rustoleum] that was the color Tom Griebe and others have used, and been happy with.
FWIW,
Gary
Old 05-13-2017, 09:46 AM   #5

Name: Tom
Trailer: Trillium
Washington
Gary and Michael, thank you both for your responses. Looks like I have a few options to choose from which is great!
Tom Noble is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ct-13, interior, interior paint, paint, u-haul, uhaul