Uhaul CT took bunk out and looks different than others - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Modifications, Alterations and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-31-2010, 08:00 PM   #1

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Uhaul CT took bunk out and looks different than others

After reading posts about how easy it was to remove the bunk -I went ahead and took the bunk apart- I love having a full bench to sit on now--my question is - My Uhaul ct doesn't look like any of the ones I've seen on this fourm- I'm attaching a pic - my ct has a little shelf with wood/fiberglass braces- is my ct just realllllyyyyy old????
Attached Thumbnails
8-1-10 071.jpg  
Lynne VDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:43 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Hmmm, it does look different. The area that your wood bracket is attached is only single-layer fiberglass. They had to have attached that bracket right through the shell. Are there bolts on the outside under the window? The bolts might have little plastic covers on them. See photos of my trailer when I took my fiberglass bracket out. Interesting, huh?! Some additional sleuthing may be in order.
Attached Thumbnails
Bunk Bracket.JPG   Bracket Removed.JPG  

Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:23 PM   #3

Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT13 ft ('The Mothball')
My CT13 from 1985 whose bunk I recently removed looks exactly like Pam's. Does the carpetting below the window where the bunk was attached match the carpetting across the ceiling? (I must say in your picture it does look exactly like my roof carpetting). If it is different maybe this indicates a modification? Or maybe it was constructed differently on the first year (I think 1984 was the first year).
Bridget
Bridget T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:57 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne VDK View Post
After reading posts about how easy it was to remove the bunk -I went ahead and took the bunk apart- I love having a full bench to sit on now--my question is - My Uhaul ct doesn't look like any of the ones I've seen on this fourm- I'm attaching a pic - my ct has a little shelf with wood/fiberglass braces- is my ct just realllllyyyyy old????

Yes- the carpet is original and there isn't any plugs on the exterior front of my ct- I might pull back the carpet and take a look- seems like it wouldn't be strong enough to just be attached to a single layer of the fiberglass- but I guess it's worked all these years. I'll take more pics
Old 08-01-2010, 11:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne VDK View Post

Here are more pics
Attached Thumbnails
jelly bean 002.jpg  

Tags
u-haul, uhaul