under bed storage ParkLiner ideas - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2014, 06:47 PM   #1

Name: Gretchen
Trailer: Coachman Freedom Express
Tennessee
under bed storage ParkLiner ideas

I'll be picking up our new Parkliner soon. Just wondering if any owners can tell me what size bins fit under the bed space? Seems 30 inches width, but how high? Thank you.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #2

Name: Tammie
Trailer: ParkLiner
Alabama
We keep the queen bed made up, and there's alot of space under there! It's about 32" wide, and 43" long from the rear wall to the edge of the step that's under the bed. The Magic Table hardware and support framing put the usable height in this area at about 11". Being so far under the bed makes this a good place for the extra cushions, with some room to spare. Forward of the 6" high step, but still under the bed is a space about 32" wide by 13" deep and 18" high. We keep a mini kitchen trashbin there, and our collection of shoes. Hope this helps. Can't wait to hear about your new ParkLiner!
Tammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:28 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Don't know if this will work in a Parkliner. This is what we did under the bed in our Uhaul, storage baskets on drawer slides.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0086.jpg  
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:30 PM   #4

Name: Brandi
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
Texas
Arrgh! Lol I searched and searched for this picture today to show my mother. I was on the phone so I couldn't look at your list of photos. Phone app won't allow it. At least not that I've seen.

My mother has a Uhaul and leaves the bed in a permanent state so she's wanting clothes bins.

So glad that you posted it!
Brandiwhne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:37 PM   #5

New York
Some more pics in our album
Old 03-26-2014, 06:18 AM   #6

Tennessee
Thanks Tammie! I appreciate the measurements. We pick ours up in 17 days, but whose counting! Can't wait to see it. We also got the Peridot fabric, and sent over matching bright green linoleum! I'll post pics when I get it all done. Love your tile backsplash.

(we did not get the magic table option as we plan on using it as a bed, so am guessing 18 inches tall ?) Would like a couple large clear bins, want to buy as big as I can fit.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:23 AM   #7

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Don't know if this will work in a Parkliner. This is what we did under the bed in our Uhaul, storage baskets on drawer slides.
Wow, what a great idea, thanks for posting the picture.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:04 AM   #8

Alabama
Hi Gretchen, there's some wood framing under the bed that lowers our usable height to about 11" -I'm not sure if it would be different without the Magic Table or not. Love the linoleum idea, and can't wait to see pics. ParkLiner rally, anyone?
Old 03-26-2014, 11:25 AM   #9

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
We have the magic table option as well, so can't really add much here. Tammie's info is good though!

We'll be pulling into Gibsonville Sunday May 18, probably later in the day. #006 will stay in Gibsonville up to a week, while Gail and I stay in a condo over on the Outer Banks. The following weekend is Memorial Day weekend, and we're not in too much of a hurry to get home quick. We'd be up for a ParkLiner rally around that date and time if others are interested, but we do have to be home by Monday, and it's a good two day drive for us.

So you guys are getting yours the end of the 1st full week in April Gretchen? Very cool! I bet you're excited! Best of luck to you guys!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:27 PM   #10

Tennessee
Thanks Tammie!
Old 03-26-2014, 06:42 PM   #11

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I have a couple of duffle bags that I pack misc stuff in and shove the under my bed/couch. The tubs are a nice idea though.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:24 PM   #12

Alabama
Hi Frank,
Sounds like a great time to visit the Outer Banks. I wish we could get our growing ParkLiner family together some time. Welcome, Gretchen and Kevin!
We've recently moved my parents close to us and it's difficult for us to make plans very far in advance, but if anyone suggests a gathering, we would certainly try to be there.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:15 AM   #13

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammie View Post
Hi Frank,
Sounds like a great time to visit the Outer Banks. I wish we could get our growing ParkLiner family together some time. Welcome, Gretchen and Kevin!
We've recently moved my parents close to us and it's difficult for us to make plans very far in advance, but if anyone suggests a gathering, we would certainly try to be there.
Thanks Tammie, we sure are looking forward to it. Number 1, we get to try out Gail's new Escape towing #006 to NC. Number 2, we get to visit the ParkLiner factory. Number 3, we get to visit the Outer Banks. New stuff is good!

I'd love to see a ParkLiner gathering, but we're still workin stiffs, so even though there's not much holding us back, somebody has to pay the bills! Both Gail and I are blessed with plenty of vacation time, but summers fill up quick. This trip to the NC more or less replaces an annual vacation we usually make to the Finger Lake region of NY. Plus I badly want to go back to Nova Scotia/Cape Breton, sooner than later!

Take care and best of luck!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 04-15-2014, 11:10 AM   #14

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
I put in a couple bins with wheels at the back and a restraining strap for travel. However, I can't find these anywhere on the web anymore. These I think I found at Joann's.

I expect I'll get around to trimming the strap length eventually but I wanted to travel a bit to be sure the overall length was right.
Attached Thumbnails
Bins.jpg  
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:16 AM   #15

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Try Cabela's, Mountain Equipment Coop or any other large outdoor chain. You can usually buy the webbing by the foot and all the hardware you need to make your own to the length you need.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:36 PM   #16

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Number 3, we get to visit the Outer Banks. New stuff is good!

Frank
We are at the Outer Banks now. Windy and raining. Went to Duck Donuts, Pigmans Barbecue, got $1 a slice pizza at Slice Pizza, saw a couple light houses, found the former ice cream shop that looks like a flying saucer. Walked up the big sand dune at Jockeys Ridge SP. Haven't got to Try My Nuts or King Tuts Weiner Hut yet. Staying in a rental house, 3rd back from the beach.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:13 AM   #17

New York
We're at the Outer Banks now too, but it's 70'ish & sunny. Unfortunately, we did not get to pull the ParkLiner down to Gibsonville. That's what this whole vacation was planned around. Have to get this warranty repair done later. More expense & more of my limited time off. Bah. Still, weather is great & the condo is very nice, so not much we can do.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-19-2014, 02:12 PM   #18

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
We took some 14 Gal Rubbermade Roughneck plastic tubs with lids and installed 4 -1" ball style casters on the bottom of each tub . There was room to place them 2 deep under our full size bed , We tried the less expensive clear plastic tubs but in our cold climate they would crack when traveling in the winter
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:25 PM   #19

Name: Ben
Trailer: Triple E
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Hi Mary and Bob,

Do you remember where you sourced the large wire baskets? Having a hard time finding them. Also, would you mind elaborating on how you attached them to your drawer slides?

Thanks.
kellyben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 05:30 AM   #20

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyben View Post
Hi Mary and Bob,

Do you remember where you sourced the large wire baskets? Having a hard time finding them. Also, would you mind elaborating on how you attached them to your drawer slides?

Thanks.
Wire baskets came from Home Depot. Had to narrow one of them slightly to fit our space by cutting the top rim and pushing sides in which may not apply in your case. The baskets are mounted on ball bearing drawer slides that are on their sides, the longest slides that Home Depot had. Baskets are attached to the slides with loop clamps, bought the clamps at McMaster Carr, think the size was 3/16". They just clamp around the wire. Lowes or Home Depot probably has them. Then I had to make a latch to hold the baskets from sliding out when traveling. This setup has worked very good for us. They are mounted under the rear bed that stays made up, pull out for easy access for clothing that we keep in them.

Tags
parkliner