Under sink water containers - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2022, 02:21 PM   #1

Name: Teresa
Trailer: Trek
Kentucky
Registry
Under sink water containers

I’m trying to figure out an under the sink pumped drinking water and sink only gray holding for my 13ft. There isn’t much room there.

Ideally I would like the water tank in the front under the camper but that seems a big undertaking for what I need.

I’ve seen it (somewhere) being done completely under the sink but can’t find it for a 13ft.

Any of you have this set up? …And already know sizes of containers that will fit?

I’m planning to remove my 50 year old water tank from under the bench.
I need the storage space and better weight distribution since previous owner has AC in back.

Thank you for your help
TeresaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 05:12 PM   #2

Name: Cate & Dan
Trailer: 1976 Triple E SurfSide "The Mutt Hut"
Manitoba

This is a pin on my "camper renos" board on pinterest. The image should (if I have posted it correctly) show under sink water containers done on a Ford Transit van. I was thinking of doing much the same thing in our Surfside because we took out the old water tank as well. We are looking at having our grey water tank portable on the outside of the camper to allow more room for clean water. There's a couple of pins on my board of that as well.
Old Macdonalds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 05:16 PM   #3

Name: Cate & Dan
Trailer: 1976 Triple E SurfSide "The Mutt Hut"
Manitoba
Sorry, doesn't look like the image came up. The original picture is from vanlifecustoms.com. Maybe you can find it there.
Old Macdonalds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 06:43 PM   #4

Kentucky
Registry
Ah the Pinterest photo came across in my email!
I believe this is the van life link??
https://vanlifecustoms.com/blog/diysink?rq=Sink

Thank you
Old 04-25-2022, 08:49 PM   #5

Name: Bob
Trailer: Boler 1300
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaT View Post
Ah the Pinterest photo came across in my email!
I believe this is the van life link??
https://vanlifecustoms.com/blog/diysink?rq=Sink

Thank you
I actually used this link as a basis for my boler water system and quite like it. But as you can see from the pic I set it up outside when we get to our campsite. Quick and easy to refill water and dump the grey water. I give it a

Bob

Click image for larger version

Name:	water.jpeg
Views:	6
Size:	272.7 KB
ID:	145648
bobdobqb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 11:15 PM   #6

Kentucky
Registry
I see you are using an electric pump not just a pump faucet? I was looking a the hand pump faucet for less electric use.
Is there a reason you went with electric instead of the hand pump faucet?
Old 04-26-2022, 09:24 AM   #7

Name: Bob
Trailer: Boler 1300
British Columbia
Registry
Hi Teresa,

Yep I went with an electric pump for a few reasons.

First I figured power usage with the pump wouldn't be an issue because it really doesn't use a lot of power when you consider how long a tap runs to fill a kettle or give your hands a quick wash. That's proven true over the last few years I've been using it and now that we've got a lithium battery along with solar charging system it's even less of an issue.

Second, I didn't want to need 3 hands trying to use a hand pump to wash hands or again fill a kettle.Thought maybe a foot pump like my old sailboat days but the volume was also better with the electric.

Third, I wanted the pump to be easy to access and repair or replace if needed. Didn't want it stuffed in the cabinet. Not to mention possible leakage.

And 4th I figured that if I did lose power or the pump failed, with the external tank I can just hoist it up on a picnic table or the front bench in Lita and let gravity do the work without messing up a trip.

I did have to install a 12volt power plug on the exterior of Lita to power the pump, but that's been a bonus for when I want to use the portable compressor to top up the trailer tires or plug in anything else 12v.

It's a system that's worked really well with how we camp.
bobdobqb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 01:45 PM   #8

Name: Steven
Trailer: '79 Boler
on Ontario
Registry
I took out a built-in fresh water tank in favour of a external jug since I needed a jug to fill the internal anyway. Easier to just fill the jug and hand pump directly from it. I've moved all my connection to a central location as shown in the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3447.jpg  
steve67 is offline   Reply With Quote