Vinyl on the fiberglass floor. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #21

Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Registry
Attached are pictures of the threshold and caulking at at the door on the VT.
Michael j.
mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #22

Indiana
Registry
apparently not attached
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00559.jpg   DSC00560.jpg  

DSC00561.jpg  
Old 08-20-2012, 09:03 PM   #23

Name: Tim
Trailer: 1991 diamond
Illinois
Good suggestions, thanks. I will post some pics when I finish.
Still cleaning, had to get rid of a funky smell, seem to have been successful using Odo-ban on every possible surface. Now working on fitting a Dometic fridge in place of the old ice box, which led to pulling the two burner cook top that worked fine but needs a good cleaning. Not to mention new curtains and seat covers. While I'm atit, michael, where did you source the rubber for the window. I have a leaker, the one to the left of the sink, emergency exit window.
Thanks
Landman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #24

Indiana
Registry
The rubber material can be found at Perfectfit (perfectfit.com)there is a link on all the parts on here somewhere. only downside is that you have to buy the outside rubber trim in 50 ft rolls along with lock ring and door seal. It is good stuff. the window channel comes in 96" lengths I think Another place is restoration specialties.com. they have all kinds of things for old cars including rubber trim and the type of window channel UHaul originally used. also sell in smaller lengths don't know if it is cheaper. As to he odor. I found that the major source was under the benches in the cubby holes. I took a spray cleaner sprayed it scrubbed it with a scrub brush and wiped it with rags to finally see a white floor. then sprayed with a lysol product. it is reasonable now. I think part of the problem was leaks around tail lights marker lights and windows along with 25 years of dirt. I used a gutter sealer that is like shoe goo to seal new markers and yes the dreaded black silicone around the rubber of the tail lights and rebuilt all the windows. still get a little leak now and then but not like at first.
Michael J.