We plan on removing snow form our Scamp! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2015, 04:28 PM   #1

Name: Bat Dude
Trailer: Escape
Michigan
We plan on removing snow form our Scamp!

Hi all,

This was the view of our Scamp around 4:30 this afternoon.

Allegedly another 3"-4" due by the end of Sunday.

We are heading south on Wed. with the first stop in SE Michigan for Thanksgiving with DW sister and family. Then on to Jekyll Island.
Weather is supposed to be back into the low 40°Fs after Monday. So should be smooth pulling.

I am still working out the first 1-2 night stops at hotels since the Scamp is winterized so no water. I just topped up the propane tank so the furnace will work. I suppose dry camping at a Walmart might be an option?

There is a KOA in NC that is open so we will be Scamping at least one night before out ± month long stop in Ga. before heading further south to the Florida Keys with a stop to visit Norm and Ginny

We are not likely to fly again now that we have our Scamp so I will not see this image again soon. At the time I was waiting to fly from Grand Rapids to Las Vegas for a meeting with the Bureau of Reclamation to begin a new bat conservation project. Image is titled "Waiting to head south."

Old 11-21-2015, 05:31 PM   #2

Name: Frederick / Janis
Trailer: Previously Scamp 13 2002,2016. Scamp 16 on order
Michigan
Didn't take an pics, darn it, as I was busy helping the buyer get all hooked up properly and checked out on the mechanics of things, but we got an inch on our Scamp today as well up here near the 45th Parallel. But, it was selling day and so down the road it went, dusting of snow and all. Roads seem merely wet as the ground is warm.

Hope to head to Backus this week for the new one. Trying to dodge the various sytems as we have to traverse the entire south shore of Gitchi Gumee the entire way. But, we gotta do what we gotta do as the south awaits after the holdays.

Not opposed to winter, per se, as we've seen our lifetime's share of them, but a good long break as part of retirement's reward? Oh yeah.

Safe travel to you. Fair seas and following winds.
bpfick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 06:20 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We are on our way to Jekyll, did first night at a campground in Virginia, now in SC. Using campground bathrooms, only hooking up to campground electric. The campground in VA locks the hydrant valves on cold nights so you can't use the water. They don't want to deal with frozen pipes.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:30 AM   #4

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
BatDude: since you live in MI as I do, there is an rv park just off I-465 at exit 4 on the south side of Indianapolis that is open year around. Lake Haven rv park. It might be as much as a mile south of 465. Having a son in Indy, we've stayed there on our way home from AZ with our trailer. Exit 4 is 4 miles west of where I-65 and I-465 cross. I believe there's also a park at Columbus. If you're taking I-75 Kentucky Horse Park just north of Lexington used to be open in the winter. Have also stayed there. By your second night you should fairly easily find parks open. Put the weekend after Labor Day on your calendar for the fiberglass trailer rally at Algonac state park.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 10:10 AM   #5

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I believe there is at least one KOA per state that remains open year round.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:15 AM   #6

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We have stayed at KOA's in PA and VA on our way south or north, in November & March. Jonestown KOA in PA and Fredericksburg VA
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 02:02 PM   #7

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I know of at least one KOA each in Indiana and Ohio that are open in the winter.

Tags
scamp, vin