weboost drive reach RV mod - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2021, 02:23 PM   #1

Name: elaine
Trailer: casita freedom
Arizona
weboost drive reach RV mod

Im stuck on this install... How do you attach the antenna to the fiberglass. I'd prefer it on the side and not the roof. Do you have to have a pole? The weboost shows install on the ladder which I do not have. Has anyone done this and willing to send pictures / advice? thank you so much
echarteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:02 AM   #2

Name: Scamp
Trailer: Scamp
MN
I made a pole out of PVC that I gear tie to my propane tank.
scamphound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:30 AM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
The WeBoost RV65 comes with a a telescoping antenna pole. They say to attach the pole brackets with clips glued to the trailer side, but I don't like that system.

So, I mounted a piece of schedule 40, 2 1/2" PVC conduit on my spare tire bracket, about 20" long. The antenna pole slides into the pipe perfectly. The pole is completely secure and can be turned by hand to aim the antenna.

The coax antenna cable dangles down from the antenna and runs forward, up through a window and connects to the booster. When done, just slip the pole up out of the pipe, collapse it down and put it in the storage locker with the antenna and coax still attached.

I prefer the directional antenna the RV65 kit provides because it gives a stronger signal than the omnidirectional system. You have to be able to turn the antenna to point it at the tower, so the pole mount should make this easy.

When all hooked up, switch your phone's "airplane mode" on, and then back off. This makes the phone look for a new signal, which will be your booster.

Here is a pic of the pole socket:
Attached Thumbnails
1-5 copy 2.jpeg  
Old 04-04-2021, 10:45 AM   #4

Name: Anne
Trailer: 2014 Parkliner 2016 Honda Pilot
North Carolina
How long is the telescoping pole when collapsed?
neparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 03:55 PM   #5

Name: Bob
Trailer: Casita - 2019 SD17
Idaho
WeBoost Telescoping Antenna Pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by neparker View Post
According to the seller, the pole is 75 inches when collapsed. A 25 foot telescoping pole for the antenna is included in the package to which I provide a link below.

Here is the Amazon link I was looking at https://www.amazon.com/weBoost-Conne.../dp/B07BWFYWNN
According to the ad, here is what is included:
  • WHAT’S INCLUDED — Connect RV Booster, Outside Directional Antenna (314475), Inside Panel Antenna (311155), 2 White Low Loss RG6 Coax Cable 30 ft. (950630), 2 White Low Loss RG6 Coax Cable 15 ft. (950615), Flat Window Cable (951177), F-Female to F-Female Barrel Connector (971129), AC/DC Power Supply 5V / 4A (850012), 12V DC Fused Hardwire Power Supply (851111), Telescoping Pole (Up to 25') and Mount Assembly (900203) and Installation guide
Bob Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 08:26 PM   #6

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by neparker View Post
With the antenna attached, it is about 77" fully collapsed.