What size rivnuts to attach to Trillium interior? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2023, 05:23 AM   #1

Name: Neil
Trailer: Outback
Ontario
What size rivnuts to attach to Trillium interior?

I'm looking at attaching a small cargo mesh frame to the interior of our 2020 Trillium. I've been told to look at using rivnuts.

Ended up buying some on Amazon however I'm not clear on what size nut to use for the thickness of the fiberglass. It seems like they only support very thin materials. I was hoping to use an M4/5 but that might be too tiny for what I believe is 1/8 thick walls.

Anyone with experience doing something like this? I'm curious what size you used.
neilff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 07:16 AM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
I just used some from Home Depot in 8-32 size but they have 6-32 and 1/4 inch as well. The 8-32 size require a 1/4" hole in the fiberglass. They sell the inserts as well as a simple kit with the inserts. I did have some problems with the tool with not enough friction to keep the rivet from turning so filed some deeper groves in the tool and found it worked better. Check with the store to make sure they have in stock as a couple of local stores didn't have them. https://www.homedepot.ca/product/pau...num/1000162982
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium