which vent cover is most durable? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2019, 12:36 PM   #1

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
which vent cover is most durable?

I need to put a vent cover over the Fan-tastic fan in my BigFoot 25RQ. Does anyone have any experience with both of these vent covers?
1. Which of these is the most durable?
Any thoughts will be appreciated
Fan-Tastic Vent U1500WH Ultra Breeze Vent Cover
Maxxair 00-955001 White Fanmate Cover
Thank you
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 02:15 PM   #2

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Note both.. only one. This one in white:https://www.amazon.com/Fan-Tastic-Ve.../dp/B007HGF398

After 3.5 years or so, the cover itself is almost like new after you clean it off. And thats being with the rig parked NOT under cover in the south for maybe 3/4 of that time. The hardware is rusty, esp the washers. I had to modify the install procedure because of the Scamps rivets. I dont know about Bigfoots.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 02:31 PM   #3

Tennessee
Thanks Gordon
Old 02-15-2019, 04:38 PM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Between those two I don't know, but I have read that one should stay away from Camco covers.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 04:51 PM   #5

Tennessee
Thank you Michael, I will heed your advice.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:02 PM   #6

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
My max air works well for me. It’s in the bathroom, hasn’t allowed any water in yet.
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 01:48 AM   #7

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Between those two I don't know, but I have read that one should stay away from Camco covers.
Not exactly an answer to your question Henry but I'll give a +10 to Mikes comment. I've only used the regular Maxair vent covers for over 20 years on every RV or trailer I've owned, even over my FF. I did buy a Camco a couple years ago for new cargo trailer. It is not of the same quality by far and I almost didn't use it but I did....I call it a test for the desert conditions here . Any other Camco product I've used has been fine but the covers......not again for the few dollars difference in price.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 12:58 PM   #8

Name: Michael
Trailer: Trail Cruiser
Alberta
Ditto on the Camco. I tried them once. Fit well and worked fine until the first hail storm about 3 months later. They shattered like glass.
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:29 PM   #9

Name: Doug
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16, 2011 RAV4 V6
California
I don't know which cover is most durable BUT I ordered a Fan-Tastic Vent U1500WH Ultra Breeze Vent Cover to cover the Fan-Tastic vent on our scamp. When I placed it over the vent, I thought it was butt-ugly. We have a Brisk 2 air conditioner on top and the cover really contrasted with it. Also, it has the imprint of a vent cover molded into the front of it, which I didn't like. And, I would have had to drill holes in the roof to attach it with rivets. I sent it back.

I then bought a Maxxair Fanmate, model 855, for $20 less than what I paid for the Fan-Tastic cover, and I love it. It appears very durable, requires no drilling into the roof, attaches with brackets mounted on the sides of the Fan-Tastic fan, can be easily attached or reattached with four pins, can be opened to either side, and it matches the Brisk 2 AC. It took about 1/2 hour to install this morning.

Go with the Maxxair!
Doug in Sacramento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:22 PM   #10

Tennessee
Just ordered the MaxxAir vent cover. Thanks everyone for responding.
Old 02-24-2019, 07:39 PM   #11

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug in Sacramento View Post
I don't know which cover is most durable BUT I ordered a Fan-Tastic Vent U1500WH Ultra Breeze Vent Cover to cover the Fan-Tastic vent on our scamp. When I placed it over the vent, I thought it was butt-ugly. We have a Brisk 2 air conditioner on top and the cover really contrasted with it. Also, it has the imprint of a vent cover molded into the front of it, which I didn't like. And, I would have had to drill holes in the roof to attach it with rivets. I sent it back.

I then bought a Maxxair Fanmate, model 855, for $20 less than what I paid for the Fan-Tastic cover, and I love it. It appears very durable, requires no drilling into the roof, attaches with brackets mounted on the sides of the Fan-Tastic fan, can be easily attached or reattached with four pins, can be opened to either side, and it matches the Brisk 2 AC. It took about 1/2 hour to install this morning.

Go with the Maxxair!
A half hour to install! What, it took 20 minutes to get out the ladder and tools, and put them away afterward?
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote