Window Louver Vents - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2020, 08:26 AM   #21

Name: carolyn
Trailer: 2005 casita sd
Michigan
Rain gutters

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon carpenter View Post
As another Casita owner like Patrick in post #2, I would also certainly be interested. I know of two other Casita owners who would possibly interested too. For a while there was something similar on the market for Casita owners but used ones are rare and new ones are no where to be found.

I posted a need a few years ago about our new to us Casita and rain coming in the windows. We were not aware of the problem until all our bedding got soaked on day. YES there is a great need for louvers to keep out the rain from rolling off the roof into the windows. We partially solved the problem by installing a roof fan cover so we could keep the fan vent open during rain.

Truck eyebrows didn't stick out far enough to block the rain running down from the top of the camper.
garycarolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 03:20 PM   #22

Name: jon
Trailer: 2013 Casita 17' SD
Illinois
Louver in the window!

Having read lots of posts from people stating the pros and cons of services/products from hitches to tail lights, I thought I should post something nice about the window louver I received from the OP. Several weeks ago I PM'd him and told him I would be interested in a louver. He jumped on it and after texting back and forth with window glass radius, glass thickness, and several other dimensions I received the louver in the mail Friday. Since I was his guinea pig I didn't have much to lose and lots to gain.

Well, I am not associated with him and don't know him other than PMing him, but he apparently does know how to print 3D pretty darn well , in his basement from what I understand. My louver fits like a glove, is very well made and most importantly it is water tight!. I look forward to ordering one for the back window of our 2013 Casita SD.

As a commercial (one man show in his case) vendor I understand he cannot have threads on the forum about his product but don't understand how we shouldn't pass along information about a good product when we find one.

Moderator, if this shouldn't be here, take it down or delete it but I did want to share about another well made product some of us might find useful.

jon
jon carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 06:28 PM   #23

Name: Wayne
Trailer: N/A
Maryland
Thanks Jon!

Want to thank Jon for his help and glad he likes the louvers. Staying on the right side of the rules of the forum, I'll just say that I'm excited to help RV owners with this solution. Happy RVing everyone!
WRGLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 08:54 AM   #24

Name: Lauren
Trailer: In the market
New Hampshire
I am definitely interested for an Escape 5.0 TA. This is fantastic!!
Elgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 09:21 AM   #25

Name: carolyn
Trailer: 2005 casita sd
Michigan
Window Louvers against rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRGLLC View Post
Want to thank Jon for his help and glad he likes the louvers. Staying on the right side of the rules of the forum, I'll just say that I'm excited to help RV owners with this solution. Happy RVing everyone!

I posted 9/2/20 about our rain problem - YES we are definitely interested in your invention. We have a 2005 16 foot Casita SD.How should we measure the need? the dimensions of the glass?, the dimensions of the window frame? love to see a picture re: color of the vent? thanks for your work for all of us FB lovers.
I do hope you will contact all of us who are interested when you are ready.
garycarolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 11:06 AM   #26

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Yes! We are still interested, too. What measurements are needed and

contact info?
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 05:23 PM   #27

Name: Bonnie
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
Wayne,
I had the fortune to meet up with Larry (post #13 in this thread) at the rally in NH this weekend. He and I were able to measure my Casita's windows to get dimensions and radii, now I need to decide which windows will get these. I've already figured out a locking means to restrict pilfering. I'll be in touch with you soon through the other channels Larry provided me.
Jon MB
Bonnie RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:10 AM   #28

Name: Dan
Trailer: Oliver
Missouri
I am certainly interested in this product. We have a 2016 Oliver Elite II. Are you making and selling these? Please let me know. Dan McMichael
Dan McMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:26 AM   #29

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Interested fir little joe trailer

We own a “ little joe” mfg is Weiscraft
I’m very interested in these
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 04:36 PM   #30

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe
Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
Did he leave, or get banned?
parmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 07:14 AM   #31

Name: jon
Trailer: 2013 Casita 17' SD
Illinois
The set I got from Wayne about a year ago worked great. Unfortunately I sold the 2012 Casita SD and left the louver in the unit. I now have 2011 Casita SD. The owner of my sold Casita is a close friend so I can borrow the louver if needed.

Don't know if Wayne is banned (hope not) but he does work full time for John Hopkins APL as a systems engineer designing and building ocean buoys to help track ocean currents and trash in the Pacific Ocean. So us folks needing louvers may not be on the top of his priority list.

Recently I contacted him about printing another louver for above the 2 person dinette and a louver for the back window of my 2011 camper. He advised he would dig into his files to see what he can find for the printing program or whatever it is called to be able to print on a 3-d printer. Hope to hear back from him soon.

Has Wayne printed any louvers for anyone else? Be interesting to find out if I am the only one or if others have been able to get a louver or two.

jon
jon carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 10:15 PM   #32

Name: Michelle
Trailer: Casita
Texas
I'd be interested, also.
mschwibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 02:04 AM   #33

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
I have the MaxxAir vents

I get asked all the time what are those for. And then people say oh wow I'd like some where can I buy them. There's a big disappointment on their face when I tell them they're no longer made.
My max air vents have been on for 20 years now and they're doing fine. There is a little dullness to them but they still look great and work wonderfully. They certainly were the answer to sliding windows, allowing us to open our window at least 4 inches when it's raining and you can't have awning out because it is too windy.
I have often thought somebody out there should start making them again. I think you could make millions. Having said that I keep noticing more and more RVs are coming out with pop out windows and not sliders, that isn't to say sliders are going "totally" bye-bye anytime soon.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 12:43 PM   #34

Name: Richard
Trailer: Bigfoot
BC
Been looking for Maxx aire vents for my 2004 Bigfoot 17. I'd be interested in purchasing a set
Mooncusser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 09:33 AM   #35

Name: Roger
Trailer: Fiat ducato
Wellington
Hi I have just joined from New Zealand where I have owned two MaxxlAir wilndowMaxx louvered vents that have been fitted to the sliding window and have each been damaged. The second I fitted myself without any difficulty and the great advantage the item had was that it was made so that it could be cut to fit the size of the window in question. The kit also provided a locking stop that prevented the sliding panel of glass from opening beyond the width of the veint itself. The manufacturer has indicated to me they are considering resuming production but had no idea when I approached them as to when that could be happening and were not making any promises. So I am suggesting that a similar inquiry from many of you might convince them of the wisdom of getting back in production. They said they had realized they had a very useful product. I have found it brilliant and especially useful as I carry a dog with me in the van and so he gets a constant supply of rain-free fresh air! But if anybody else can get a similar product on the market then I would love to hear about it!
Roger Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 10:05 PM   #36

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
I have the original type on my Scamp 13D.

I have had inquiries about them on just about every trip for the last almost two decades.
I would say....YES! If you make them they will sell.
Hate to say this out loud on the forum, but be sure you charge enough to sustain production and to make it worth your while!

Mine are made in three pieces ( two ends and the main center, which allows for an adjustable fit.
Your design could easily be two identical and trimmable pieces.

There is a great demand for what you are making... so go for it, and good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
sm1.JPG  
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote