I hope this helps someone in the future.
When I bought my camper 2 months ago all of the windows
had been sealed shut due to leakage and the difficulty of finding replacement hardware. Scamp
made very few campers with the particular style of windows
that I have. I've seen other Scamps on this forum that will have the front & back tilt outs, but then side windows
are the multi pane jalousie . My side windows are single tilt outs. I'd be very interested in knowing that of the said 600 that Scamp's website says they made in '76 - how many where made with my window combination. (So if anyone out there knows - do tell).
Here's a pic of my window combo -
Here's the list of what I used:
Seals that go on the back of the operable part of the window and rest against the window frame of the trailer is the Jalousie Bulb Seal from Vintage Trailer Supply
. The operating levers really work well to pull the window tight to the frame. So no leakage!
I did replace the plexi, therefore had to get new glazing splines. These go on the outer part of the window. Look for the 5/16" drop in glazing spline
. It's gray - picture makes it look brown. The plexi will need to be notched out at the bracket locations. Without doing so, the glazing spline won't fix. You'll already have the plexi in the frame. Then just start pressing it in - it sets itself in. Miter the corners for the square windows. For the side windows, start the spline at the top in the middle.
The window hardware was super difficult. My camper didn't have any of the remaining levers. I had one little bracket that was left on the frame. So here's what I came up with - I bought the Hehr #614 Link Levers
from Vintage Trailer Supply and some small mirror brackets from Home Depot. I took the frames, levers & brackets to a machine shop and had them cut off the curved end pieces of the levers, weld the levers to the brackets and then rivet the bracket to the window frame (at the old bracket location). Be sure to give them the exact dimensions of where those slots on the frame are. Once the lever and the bracket are attached to each other - the thickness cannot be more than 1/4" (in order to fit through that slot).
So that's it. Now I need to replace the screens, but it's finally ready to go camping!