Window tinting - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2018, 06:14 PM   #1

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Casita
Oregon
Window tinting

Can the windows be tinted in a Casita without removing the windows or screens?
Kevin Probst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:56 AM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: 1979 Boler1700
Maple Ridge, B.C.
Registry
I am in the process of tinting the windows on our Boler. I wanted to reseal the windows so I am removing, tinting and resealing the windows.
I believe they could be tinted in place but the difficulty level would be much higher.
Attached Thumbnails
20171110_184539_Film4.jpg  
ststefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:18 PM   #3

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
My husband tinted all of our windows while we were camping for a week in Panama City Beach, Florida, about 6 years ago. He had zero problems doing it.
He says the main thing to do is to make sure you get all of the airbubbles out.

Good luck!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 12:28 PM   #4

Name: Arthur
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 5th Wheel
New Hampshire
Did you notice any temperature benefit?
ArthurBNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 12:50 PM   #5

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Yes, Arthur, we have noticed alot of temperature moderation with the tint. Not only that, but the added privacy afforded by having the windows darker also allows changing clothing without worrying about closing all curtains. We did a "test" where one of us stood outside, looking in, to see how much was visible. We were pleased that one couldn't see any activity. A great bonus when at the beach!
He did remove the screens but had no issues with application. Again, get those bubbles out!

Our tint was nothing special--we bought it at Walmart---and it is still as dark today as when we applied it over 6 years ago.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:21 PM   #6

Name: Arthur
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 5th Wheel
New Hampshire
Thanks
ArthurBNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 05:21 PM   #7

Name: Mike
Trailer: Oliver
Colorado
If you're going for heat reduction but don't necessarily want the blacked-out limo look I highly recommend one of the new(er) ceramic-based tint films. Two of the most common are Llumar Air 80 and 3M Crystalline but there are a number of others. They don't block too much visible light but still block a lot of heat and 99% UV. Most of these films have a blueish color to them, but if you get all your windows done in it your eyes won't notice the color.

Previously you could get this performance from a metallic window film but with the side effect of blocking a lot of wireless signals. Ceramic has similar if not better heat rejection than metallic but does not block signals.
Rumline is offline   Reply With Quote