wood stove in Scamp 16 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2021, 11:39 AM   #21

Name: Chris
Trailer: Shopping
Colorado
Check the stove out in this ad: https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/...00-superior-co
seahorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 06:05 PM   #22

Name: Harold
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
Small wood stove

You might want to have a look at the little stove called the "Hobbit" manufactured by Salamander Stoves in the U.K. Here is a link to a Canadian distributor: https://smallwoodstoves.com/ca/tiny-...-stove-ca.html
Harold S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 07:45 AM   #23

Name: Tim
Trailer: Scamp
UT
wood stove in scamp 16

Thanks for all the input! Lots to consider. After thinking about it, I see plenty of safety issues which people seem to have overcome. I also see potential for dirt issues which might be hard to manage in a fabric lined camper. I would not cut a hole in the roof (just couldn't make myself violate that water tight shell), so I would be running the vent pipes out the window. That means they have to come down for travel, and they will be very dirty, dumping ash everywhere.

I am leaning toward the Propex because it doesn't take up any space, and being outside the camper should help with the noise. However, I did see someone warning about European propane fittings not mating well with ours? Anyone have experience with that?
Tkemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 08:56 AM   #24

Name: Lea
Trailer: Trillium
California
Cubic mini wood stove in Scamp

If you are looking for a wood stove for your trailer, check out you tube videos with Elsa Rae and Barron where they install a mini cubic wood burning stove in their 13 foot scamp. They use some kind of compressed wood for fuel. These little stoves are amazing! If I didn’t already have a stove in my trailer this is what I would use!
Lea A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 06:50 PM   #25

Name: Todd
Trailer: Scamp
Washington
The Propex should come with an elbow adapter to 1/4” compression fitting. Some people would rather not use compression fittings, but for that one you really don’t have much of a choice. I figured if it’s good enough to be on in their furnaces, it’s probably fine. The rest of my fittings are flared.
toddq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 07:31 PM   #26

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick J View Post
Allow me to highly recommend the Dickenson P12000,...
Thats a darn good unit.... worth a spot on your short list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddq View Post
... I’ll throw out another recommendation for the Propex. I installed the external one under the floor behind the axle, and their “acoustic ducting”. It takes up no inside space, is super quiet, and works great.
Another good option... I did quite a bit a research on the Propex and how to properly install it in my Scamp. In the end I decided the specs and install requirements made it too hard to do it properly in my case, in part because I lacked under floor area to mount it... I also looked at mounting it above the floor somewhere and I think that is what I would have done if I went forward with the project. But I did not go with the Propex so I ended up adding the standard Suburban furnace, even with its shortcomings. But if you study the install manual, do much planning, and have the skills.. the Propex could be a great heating option. I would love to see a detailed report on Todd's installation, and love it even more if it did it "according to the book."
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp