Zombie Boler - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2021, 02:10 AM   #41

Name: Elliott
Trailer: Bigfoot
Everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
During COVID I've been rebuilding a 1999 Casita. The exterior is done and now I'm into the interior. I have a question about the Reflectix and hull liner. Is this the standard insulation and wall/ceiling treatment? Mine was almost completely bare when I got it, so I don't know what was there. There's just so much one can do with those curvy surfaces. Had you considered other treatments, or is this the standard for curvy fiberglass campers? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Your camper is turning out really nice. I'm getting some really nice ideas from your build.
Generally speaking, I'd avoid reflectix in favor of some sort of closed-cell foam. Probably EPDM or PVC based, since HDPE is a pain to stick to things. The RV makers like Scamp like to claim that it's R-6, but that's only when it's paired with a correctly-sized air gap on the "hot" side. Sandwiched between layers in a wall, it's maybe R-0.6.
Defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 02:44 PM   #42

Name: Jay
Trailer: Boler 1300
Ontario
Registry
Beautiful work Eric.
So many people would have written this trail off as too far gone. It is fantastic to see that you have saved it and made it into a gem!
Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 05:55 PM   #43

Name: Tenneille
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Registry
the windows

Wow. Well done. Wondering about your windows and if you are replacing any window seals if using the original windows. I have searched the threads on the forums and only found 1 post about the seals. I have not been able to find most of them, even at vintage trailer. It would be great if you could let me know if you find any. There aren't as many 17' restorations so thanks in advance.
Tenneille M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 08:04 PM   #44

Name: Eric
Trailer: Boler
TN
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenneille M. View Post
Wow. Well done. Wondering about your windows and if you are replacing any window seals if using the original windows. I have searched the threads on the forums and only found 1 post about the seals. I have not been able to find most of them, even at vintage trailer. It would be great if you could let me know if you find any. There aren't as many 17' restorations so thanks in advance.
I got my seals from Pellandent. I ordered 60 feet of H009-344 - 1/8" glass glazing bead.
www.pellandent.com
Eric Frye is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler