OR 2020, July 23-26: Bandon 2020- Bullards Beach State Park, Oregon - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2019, 09:32 AM   #1
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
2020, July 23-26: Bandon 2020- Bullards Beach State Park, Oregon

It's that time again to make your reservations for Bullard's Beach state Park, Bandon, Oregon:

Bullard's Beach State Park in Bandon, Oregon dates will be July 23th- 26th, 2020.

Also, I am putting out the call at this time asking for anyone that would like to share a skill, hobby or RV/camping information in a short class. Please PM me and tell me what you have in mind. We had a few last year which were all well attended.

Make your reservations here: https://www.reserveamerica.com/explo...02398/overview

Note: Updates and the schedules will be posted here:

https://www.casitaforum.com/invboard...g-18th-annual/

Deb
Co-Host
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:00 PM   #2

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
If anyone is looking for a spot at Bullards Beach 7/23 - 7/26, I cancelled A-10 yesterday. I believe it is also available 7/22 if you're looking for 5 days.
Carol Christensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:46 PM   #3

Name: Mac
Trailer: 2013 Casita 17' LD
Oregon
Update in case you're not on the Casita forum: Today, 5/29/2020, the Oregon State Park system announced that Bullards Beach is one of the state park campgrounds re-opening June 9. Two things you might enjoy in Bandon are Face Rock Creamery's ice cream and cheese, and Coos County's nearly-new, professionally-designed mountain bike trail network, located about two miles north of the park. It's beginner and intermediate trail that was in fabulous condition last year, and you can use your smartphone with apps such as MTB Project to locate where you are on the trail system. More information about the park re-opening is here: https://www.oregonlive.com/travel/20...is-spring.html
Spongelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 02:33 PM   #4

Trailer: Silver Streak
Smile Anyone cancelling - looking for a site

Hi - looking for a site for Bullards Beach campout. I'm on a notification list for Bullards Beach - but thought I'd post here too! If you are cancelling, maybe let me know? Thanks!

Just acquired a 1995 16' Casita. An oldie, but a goodie!
Marilyn Teleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:41 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Teleck View Post
Hi - looking for a site for Bullards Beach campout. I'm on a notification list for Bullards Beach - but thought I'd post here too! If you are cancelling, maybe let me know? Thanks!

Just acquired a 1995 16' Casita. An oldie, but a goodie!
Marilyn, are you a member of the CasitaForum? If not, you really should join. The Oregon Gathering thread is a LOT more active there, than this one. If you want a site, you should monitor the thread: https://www.casitaforum.com/invboard...g-18th-annual/
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 10:04 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Update: Bullard's Beach-Oregon Gathering 2020

An update on the Oregon Gathering 2020:

Bullard's Beach will be opening June 9th for limited camping

News Release from Oregon Parks and Recreation Dept.
Posted on FlashAlert: May 29th, 2020 11:00 AM
SALEM, Ore. – Oregon Parks and Recreation Department (OPRD) today released a list of state park campgrounds that are scheduled to open with limited services within the coming days.
OPRD Director Lisa Sumption said, “I am cautiously delighted. We are working hard to welcome campers wherever we can safely do so, as soon as we can.”
Sumption said that campgrounds will open only when the following conditions are met:
Public health guidelines (OHA established) for the county are fulfilled.
The local community agrees.
The park has enough staff, supplies and equipment to safely open and operate at a basic level.
Sumption also noted that revenue loss, COVID-19 precautions and staff reductions will curtail services at most if not all campgrounds. Cabin and yurt camping, except in rare cases, will not be offered. Group camping remains closed across the state, due to distancing concerns.
RV and tent campers with existing reservations for a campground that opens will be honored beginning June 9. Not all sites or loops may be available at open campgrounds. For parks in the coastal region, there will be no walk-in or first come, first-served camping until further notice.
The online reservation system has been suspended since April 28. It will reopen for new reservations sometime next week, and will accept new reservations one day to two weeks in advance. OPRD will announce the reservation reopening date early next week through its website, stateparks.oregon.gov.
First come, first-served campgrounds in eastern Oregon lead the way. The following campgrounds open Friday, May 29. Others may be added to this list without a formal announcement. For updates, please check the website.

Due to this announcement and current conditions we will NOT be having any of our usual activities ( classes, potlucks, hot dog roasts, trailer tours, meet and greets, etc.). We will be practicing social distancing and mask wearing out of respect for everyone and various health issues. Please note that not all restrooms and shower facilities will be open and operating or possibly they will have reduced hours which haven't been announced yet. Also, please note that Oregon state parks reserves the right to close the park down if they feel it is too full or unsafe at any time.

Deb
Co-Host
Old 06-28-2020, 06:16 PM   #7

Name: Carolyn
Trailer: Scamp 13
Washington
Question Question about reservations

I am hoping to change my site for 22-26. I know I cannot make change until 2 weeks before... it shows sites available that I might want. The language is confusing... I was told I could reserve new site online and cancel the other site. it says one can't cancel and re-booked at the same time..Does anyone know if I would be able to make new online reservation and then go back in and cancel my other one? I don't really want to call.. when I called once I was on hold for about 30 minutes... duh....
Carolyn N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 06:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn N. View Post
I am hoping to change my site for 22-26. I know I cannot make change until 2 weeks before... it shows sites available that I might want. The language is confusing... I was told I could reserve new site online and cancel the other site. it says one can't cancel and re-booked at the same time..Does anyone know if I would be able to make new online reservation and then go back in and cancel my other one? I don't really want to call.. when I called once I was on hold for about 30 minutes... duh....
You can't do anything about your reservation, except cancel, until two weeks before your arrival. That makes it July 8. On that date, you can get online and reserve another site, then cancel your current site.... in that order! IF you want to just 'switch' sites on July 8, that has to be done with a phone call... unfortunately. Paying the reservation fee and also the cancellation fee is the only way you can avoid the long wait on the phone.

And don't forget, when talking on the phone to the reservation desk you must have your reservation number.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:32 PM   #9

Washington
Thanks Donna! but isn't the cancellation fee only the $8 or something like that... as long as it is more than 3 days before? it will be worth it to do it online! thanks for your help
Old 06-29-2020, 07:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn N. View Post
Thanks Donna! but isn't the cancellation fee only the $8 or something like that... as long as it is more than 3 days before? it will be worth it to do it online! thanks for your help
Yes, but there's also a reservation fee of $8. IF you do it all online, you'll pay $8 to reserve the new site and $8 to cancel your current site.

You paid $8 to reserve the site you don't want and that will cost you an additional $8 to cancel = $16 for the site you don't want. Then you pay $8 again for the site you do. So, technically it costs you $24 just to switch sites online.

Good luck!
Old 06-30-2020, 11:18 PM   #11

Washington
Sites filled?

Just went in after seeing they changed to 30 days... now sites are filled. I am only wanting to switch to Loop A or B... if anyone plans to cancel would be interested. ;-) oh well... will walk from Loop C to see folks!
Old 07-05-2020, 06:07 PM   #12

Name: Kathy
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Chuck View Post
It's that time again to make your reservations for Bullard's Beach state Park, Bandon, Oregon:

Bullard's Beach State Park in Bandon, Oregon dates will be July 23th- 26th, 2020.

Also, I am putting out the call at this time asking for anyone that would like to share a skill, hobby or RV/camping information in a short class. Please PM me and tell me what you have in mind. We had a few last year which were all well attended.

Make your reservations here: https://www.reserveamerica.com/explo...02398/overview

Note: Updates and the schedules will be posted here:

https://www.casitaforum.com/invboard...g-18th-annual/

Deb
Co-Host
Hi Deb and Chuck,
My husband and I new to the club with our 1987 17.5 Bigfoot trailer. We saw that a rally is scheduled for this month July 23rd to the 26th at Bullards St Park on the Oregon coast. We couldn't get in but found a park close by. My question is?... can we pop by? Also, if it is okay could we get an idea of how the weekend unfolds, would love to mingle and get ideas.
Thanks, Gary and Kathy Karr
kskarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 10:21 PM   #13
Commercial Member

Oregon Gathering/ Bandon, Oregon

Personally speaking this really isn't a good year to come if your intention is to mingle because of COVID-19. Most years we have classes and open houses of our trailers but none of that will be happening this year for everyone's safety as I have already posted previously. Some of the regulars that I have already talked to that are coming plan to maybe walk by campsites and wave from the street, but no mingling or showing of our trailers. Most of us are already in the high category because of our ages and then there are health issues on top of that. We will be respecting each others camp sites and not entering their spaces trying to keep everyone well and still enjoy being in the outdoors at this lovely location. Hoping next year is better!

Deb
Old 07-08-2020, 10:59 PM   #14

Washington
Nobn-mingling

So I do hope to walk around and say hi to people... since I am coming alone. Just got a better site. Will stay far away from folks... otherwise I would not be driving that long way to come somewhere. ;-). So will there not be a pot luck or anything?
Is there a list of people coming so at least to know what sites there are fiberglass people?
Old 07-08-2020, 11:08 PM   #15
Commercial Member

Carolyn,

As I posted earlier there are NO groups functions like we generally have. No classes, no potlucks, no hotdog roasts, no group campfires, no trailer tours, etc. The shelter reservations have been cancelled by Oregon State Parks and after speaking to the park manager they are discouraging mingling "except with people you already live with." It is just an opportunity to come and camp in this beautiful location and that could change at any moment according to the Oregon State Parks also. They made it clear they are honoring reservations at this time but could change their minds at anytime depending on circumstances.

It is our tradition not to post a list of attendees because of privacy issues. It should be easy to spot the fiberglass trailer people.

Deb
Old 07-08-2020, 11:17 PM   #16

Name: Mac
Trailer: 2013 Casita 17' LD
Oregon
Bandon's always beautiful to visit anyway. There's a good mountain bike trail network two miles north of the park. It's not crowded at all, so you would be unlikely to encounter many folks, should you choose to ride. It's all beginner and intermediate trails, and the REI MTB Project (and other georeferenced maps) on your phone can tell you where you are in the system. We'll say Hi (from 6' away, nothing personal )
Spongelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 11:34 PM   #17
Commercial Member

Thanks for the information on that phone ap Mac... good to know. We will be waving from our campsite also. Many people will be coming from a few states away to camp here because of this beautiful location. We are hoping in 2021 we can get back to enjoying this annual gathering with all of our activities that we usually schedule. We had a great time last year didn't we?

Deb
Old 07-09-2020, 06:52 AM   #18

This gathering is going to be different, for certain. I won't be entering anyone's site, unless waved in and then only while wearing a mask and maintaining social distancing. Hope to ride my bicycle down to the lighthouse and spend some time walking on the beach. There's plenty to do in the area even for someone who travel's alone.
Old 07-19-2020, 04:33 PM   #19

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Wow, we are unable to make this years rally because certain dates didn't align. We are however at Bullards beach right now and including our Casita and my daughters 13 Scamp there are at least 7 molded fiberglass units here. Almost like our own mini rally. Unfortunately we will be leaving early in the morning.
Old 07-19-2020, 06:56 PM   #20
Commercial Member

Bullard's Beach, Oregon Gathering- 2020

Steve,
Those are just some of the folks who come early to the Oregon Gathering. Hopefully, next year we will be able to have the "real deal" and all of our activities again like at our past gatherings. Watch the CasitaForum where they are posted first for updates in the coming months.

Deb
Co-Host
Oregon Gathering
Bullard's Beach
Bandon, Oregon