IL 2020, June 5-7: 4 B’s 2020 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2020, 06:57 PM   #21

Name: the menace
Trailer: Casita
Illinois
Looking forward to seeing you in June. Be sure and check out the little theater on the Square, the extensive Amish area, and activities at lake Shelbyville.
The Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:14 AM   #22

Illinois
Check out these sites in order to make your plans for our rally. thelittletheater.org Illinoisamishcountry.com
Old 01-12-2020, 01:33 PM   #23

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Menace View Post
We’re leaning towards the fifth sixth and seventh of June so we don’t interfere with the eggs a bourbon rally the following weekend. Post on here if that will work for everyone.
That sounds good for the Wedekings
Jerry Wedeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 06:14 PM   #24

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
Just increased my stay - arriving Sunday and leaving the following Sunday - looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones! Site 66 4A.
Old 05-02-2020, 12:02 PM   #25

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita17'Spirit Deluxe (aka: Tweaker's Casita)
Southwest Ohio
Registry
Site #071 Arriving June 5 Departing June 7

Seeing this thread and checking my reservations, I reserved Site 071 last January.

Rallies in April & May have been a disaster . Hopefully everything will be "clear" for 4b's in June.
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 04:45 PM   #26

Central Virginia
Still hoping for this rally and planning to come!!! I got a cancellation notice from KY for my stop over site for 6/30 Saturday night. My plan is now to drive straight through 750 miles to arrive on Monday 6/1/20 to avoid potential issues among various states I will have to cross since all the states seem to be opening back up 6/1/20.
Old 05-28-2020, 02:58 PM   #27

Southwest Ohio
Registry
Cancelled for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryB. View Post
Seeing this thread and checking my reservations, I reserved Site 071 last January.

Rallies in April & May have been a disaster . Hopefully everything will be "clear" for 4b's in June.
Well, unfortunately, things got "unclear" for me and I had to cancel my reservation.

Glancing through the list of respondents to this and the other 4B's forums, I was looking forward to renewing old friendships with about half of you and making new friendships with the other half.

Hopefully we will cross paths either possibly later this year or next year.
Old 05-28-2020, 03:11 PM   #28

Name: Steve
Trailer: Escape 21
Illinois
I am going stir crazy and hope that the rally comes together, though maybe without a potluck, but a campfire together would be nice. Hopefully the campground opens in time. The recreation.gov people reminded me today that I have my upcoming reservation for FW "Bo" Woods campground.
Old 05-28-2020, 03:43 PM   #29

Central Virginia
Looks to be a GO for this rally. I got the welcome email from the COE the other day. We are arriving 6/1/20 Monday at 8pm site 66 and staying the week.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:30 AM   #30

Illinois
We will practice social distancing around our campfires and our potlucks. I wear a mask not to protect me but because I love and respect you in order to protect you. Please do the same as most of us are in a vulnerable population. Let’s be smart let’s have fun let’s go camping!
Old 05-30-2020, 09:40 AM   #31

Trailer: 17 ft Casita
Glad to hear the our rally is a go. Do you know are the restrooms /showers open or will we be using our own facilities?
Since everything is just opening, what activities will be available in the area?
I will there Thursday afternoon. See your then.
Rich Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 12:06 PM   #32

Illinois
Restrooms and showers are cleaned upgraded and ready to go. The little theater season has been canceled in the Amish are reluctant to have outside visitors in their homes. Next weekend is the Sullivan area garage sales. Guess we’ll just have to revert to our childhood and make our own fun! Masks are encouraged and social distancing Also encouraged.
Old 05-30-2020, 01:14 PM   #33

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Our trip will be impacted, I am afraid. We do plan to come, but I just got back from the emergency room, where I was diagnosed with a broken foot. I fell getting out of the camper last week, and when it seemed to get worse a couple of days ago, I went in to have it checked. I have to get in to see a foot doctor next week before we leave.

CindyL
Old 06-03-2020, 10:17 PM   #34

Name: Lynn
Trailer: Casita Spirit 16'
Indiana
Hello everyone! I am in Bo woods on site 51 but just until Friday afternoon. If you are booked to be on site 51 Friday and Saturday night, and for any reason you decide not to come, please call me before you cancel your reservation online. I will buy it from you just so I don't have to move sites on Friday. 317-752-8622. But I hope you do come, whoever you are! And if you would rather have site 71, which is what I had to reserve for Friday and Saturday night, I will be happy to trade you! It is up against the woods and not so close to the bathroom and the dumpsters so maybe you would be happy with that trade?
Old 06-04-2020, 07:25 AM   #35

Southwest Ohio
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Lynn View Post
Hello everyone! I am in Bo woods on site 51 but just until Friday afternoon. If you are booked to be on site 51 Friday and Saturday night, and for any reason you decide not to come, please call me before you cancel your reservation online. I will buy it from you just so I don't have to move sites on Friday. 317-752-8622. But I hope you do come, whoever you are! And if you would rather have site 71, which is what I had to reserve for Friday and Saturday night, I will be happy to trade you! It is up against the woods and not so close to the bathroom and the dumpsters so maybe you would be happy with that trade?

Larry, did you cancel? Site 71 was available on reservation.gov today and I snatched it up for Friday and Saturday night. Do we have a double booking?
Hi Lynn,

Yes, I reluctantly cancelled my reservation on site 71 after impassioned pleas and concerns from my wife and my (adult) children concerning the coronavirus pandemic.

For the same reason, I also cancelled Eggs on the Hiawassee River last week. Looking at the facebook postings from that rally, I am surprised at the lack of face masks and the "relaxed" social distancing. I hope that everyone at that rally and the 4B's rally is safe.

My other planned rallys for April thru August have all self imploded (including Roy's fish fry). Next up for me (hopefully) is the Algonac Glassic Egg Scramble in September and a couple of others after that.

Take your usual pictures of everyone and, if you don't post them here, you can send them via either one of the links in my signature (below).
Old 06-04-2020, 05:49 PM   #36

Indiana
Hey Larry, these people are willing to be careful and wear masks if anybody wants them to. That's what Maureen and I are doing. I reserved your site so if you change your mind, come ahead. Just call me by midnight tonight so I don't cancel it. I don't need it anymore cuz Roy bacorn canceled and he had site 65 for three nights so I'm going to use that. I will take pictures!
Old 06-04-2020, 05:50 PM   #37

Indiana
Hey Larry, or whoever sees this message.

I snatched up site 71 for Friday and Saturday night and site 72 for Sunday night. And now Roy Bakehorn is unable to come so he gave me his space, number 65 which is much bigger.

Therefore, if anyone is seeing this and you would like to come to bo woods for the egg rally this weekend, you can have site 71 for Friday and Saturday night and 72 for Sunday night. Just call me at 317-752-8622 by midnight tonight, Thurs, and I won't cancel it 71/72. You can pay me when you get here.

I am on site 51 now and what I'd really love to do is just stay here. So if the person who has booked site 51 for Friday and Saturday night would rather be by the lake on site 65, I will trade you! Just call me, before 3:00 p.m. tomorrow, Friday.

Thanks, Indiana Lynn
Old 06-04-2020, 06:58 PM   #38

Southwest Ohio
Registry
Wink Musical chairs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Lynn View Post
Hey Larry, these people are willing to be careful and wear masks if anybody wants them to. That's what Maureen and I are doing. I reserved your site so if you change your mind, come ahead. Just call me by midnight tonight so I don't cancel it. I don't need it anymore cuz Roy bacorn canceled and he had site 65 for three nights so I'm going to use that. I will take pictures!
Hi Lynn,

Thanks for your offer but, at this point, I'd better stand pat with my family on my "hold" decision for camping for a while. Yup, I'm sure that we would all do the masks and social distancing.....

Looking at your last post, I wonder who is going to be where when the music stops. :-)

Looking forward to the pictures. Stay well.....
Old 06-13-2020, 03:42 PM   #39

Trailer: 17 ft Casita
4 B's rally

Thanks Dennis and Judy for a great weekend. Even with things being different this year, I think everyone had a great time. Always nice reconnecting with old friends and meeting new ones.
Hope to see some of you in Brown County. Till then, stay healthy, safe and have a good summer.
Rich Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 06:12 PM   #40

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Cindy and I would also like to second our thanks to Dennis and Judy for a fun outing. Very nice place! Hopefully we can return in the future.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally