NH 2020, May 14-17: Spring Fling in New England for 2020 - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-24-2020, 10:30 AM   #41

Name: Mimi
Trailer: 2019 Escape 17B;TV = 2011 Toyota Tundra Extracab 5.7L
NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH-Boomers View Post
Welcome to the world of RV-ing Mimi, we also live in NH on the CT River in Charlestown we look forward to meeting you at the rally. Everyone we met last year were all a great group of folks, we have a Toyota Tacoma(blue) and a Scamp 19.
Thanks!! Looking forward to my "big intro" to local folks

I have a tan 2011 Tundra extra-cab, pulling an Escape 17'. (Though I admit, they are both on their winter "down time" right now, don't want ANY salt sneaking into their nooks and crannies... )

Cheers!
mimie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 05:09 AM   #42

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Busy as a bee getting things all lined up for the Rally. Making wood projects to give away and lining up people to do some of the events and squeezing them in a time slot.
Last year Sandy "O" couldn't do the Paint Class as they were moving into their new house but this year she said she will be doing it and again for a minimal fee (for materials) you can paint yourself a painting representing the Spring Fling Rally.
Also make sure you join in the fun time at the Camp-Game tri-athalon, where we will play 3 abbreviated games to see who is king or queen of games.

Jane and John looking forward to seeing you again in May. As you know its such a fun time when we all get together.

Wayne, looking forward to meeting new friends I am sure you'll walk away knowing you've had a special experience at a Rally not to be forgotten.

You Host
Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 06:10 PM   #43

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
I just increased my stay = arriving Monday (Yah!) but have to leave Saturday morning...(boo) - looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones!
Old 02-01-2020, 05:46 AM   #44

Hey Bryan, Maybe I can get up to the campground a day or two early and spend a little time with you before the Rally gets into the swing.
To bad your going to miss the Tri-athalon on Saturday but I know it's a bit of a drive as we did this on our cross country trip last summer.
Counting the weeks now till we're all together.
Did you all see the Web-page we got set up?
I posted a link in General Chat forum.
Let me know what you all think of it.
Gerry
Old 02-01-2020, 05:48 AM   #45

Link to web-page is:
https://springflingne.org//
again let me know what you think.
Gerry
Old 02-01-2020, 07:53 AM   #46

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
Pretty cool site you made there - professional looking. We would love to see you early and can even help out if you need. I was thinking we could set up coffee and such in the mornings before the real rally start time for others who will inevitably show a few days early. It is a really nice area to go out and explore with waterfalls, mountains, scenic drives, lots of covered bridges, barns, wildlife, lakes, etc... We will have 2 kayaks with all the gear we will let folks use for free and we will bring our electric bikes too.
Old 02-01-2020, 11:41 AM   #47

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsedwebt View Post
we will bring our electric bikes too.
Now you got my attention. I just reserved a site this morning. I am supposed to be getting my Bigfoot 25TB this month. "I'm going crazy waiting"

This is one of my crazy electric bike builds. I might be able to bring another ebike if anyone is interested.
Attached Thumbnails
image_17089.jpg  
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 06:56 PM   #48

The web-page was done up by another Spring Flinger, Alan P. and he did a real nice job.
a big pat on the back to him.
Tom glad your coming and that bike looks real cool...
Speaking of going crazy, I think of all the things that need to be done on my Casita FD to update and improve or fix that didn't get done in the fall.
Got all the cabinet doors all built and the shower door done all but one latch on a door. Now I need to fix the potable water tank...Fix I mean replace. the last leg of our cross country trip the thing developed a leak and upon inspection when we got home the whole of one side was cracked where it mounted to the underside of the camper...this could have been a disaster if the thing calved off on the high-way.
Hope it's an early spring so I can get all this work done.
Old 02-02-2020, 08:01 AM   #49

Name: Bonnie
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
Slick webpage. I love it!
I'm already counting the days to the Spring Fling. We had a wonderful time last year and made our site reservations for this year as we left.

Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Bonnie, Jon, and little dog Fallon
Bonnie RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 05:43 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie RB View Post
Slick webpage. I love it!
I'm already counting the days to the Spring Fling. We had a wonderful time last year and made our site reservations for this year as we left.

Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Bonnie, Jon, and little dog Fallon
Yea Bonnie and Jon, and Little Dog Fallon, We all have a great time because of the great people who attend the Rally.
Looking forward to seeing old and some new people this year and I too am counting the days. just a bit over 14 weeks away.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:53 AM   #51

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Not to take this thread in another direction but I have a question
In post #1 the rates for camping at the rally are listed at $48 & $58 / night which reflects a 30% discount
Without the 30% discount the rates would be approx $72 / $83 / night
We are in the planning stages for a trip to New England and are trying to get a handle on how much to budget thus my question.
Do these camping cost listed in post #1 reflect the average cost for the area ?
We looked on the internet and the prices seem really high when compared to costs at home
We also looked at SPs in New England , the cost is lower but the amenities are non existent to few and it appears you need to reserve a spot about 2 years in advance .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 05:45 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
In post #1 the rates for camping at the rally are listed at $48 & $58 / night which reflects a 30% discount
Without the 30% discount the rates would be approx $72 / $83 / night
We are in the planning stages for a trip to New England and are trying to get a handle on how much to budget thus my question.
Do these camping cost listed in post #1 reflect the average cost for the area ?
We looked on the internet and the prices seem really high when compared to costs at home
We also looked at SPs in New England , the cost is lower but the amenities are non existent to few and it appears you need to reserve a spot about 2 years in advance .
Steve, like you we love to find deals when traveling and do stay at campgrounds that offer no amenities to keep the cost down.
In face we Boon-dock at least 75% of the time at National parks.
And yes, there are State and National park campgrounds in the area and even private ones, with prices that are lower but again the amenities will not be there.
The prices in the #1 post is for a Prime Site and Deluxe sites at a Holiday KOA Campground.
Prime sites which is a full hook-up site on the water front, with deck / deck furniture / gas grill. ( all were booked before the rally was over last year, for this years Rally)
Also free showers, a fully stocked store, free use of Dog Park, Canoe rentals, Pool, walking trails, fires in the common area, and the use of the Rec. hall and Pavilion. Also there are many activities that go on all during the summer months.
Any Campground in the area (and there are none) that has all this and more would set their price as high I am sure.
Hope this clears things up for you.
Gerry
Old 02-04-2020, 06:46 PM   #53

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post

Steve, it all depends on what state and where you want go for what amenities you'll get in state parks. We are happy with just electric hook-up. And yes for many of the campgrounds you do have to reserve ahead as soon as the reservation window opens. We just made reservations at a State Park in Maine, the minute the window opened, and all the sites in the time period we wanted were booked in just a few minutes. Kind of sucks to not be able to wing it for the whole trip, but it's almost a necessity to reserve way ahead. The winters we spent as snowbirds in GA & Florida we had it all reserved way ahead.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 04:56 AM   #54

Back on thread... was at the campground a few days ago. Took a look at the proposed kitchen they were building last fall after campground closure and it doesn't look like it will be up and running by Rally time. but we'll see.

The reservation count now stands at 32.
If anyone is still on the fence about coming to the Rally and have any questions you can personal message me and I will get back ASAP

I know of some who are calling wanting the Prime sites on the water but those were just about all reserved the last day of the Rally last year with people coming this year.
There are other sites available but as the camping season gets close these may be filling up and the deluxe site will fill also.
All sites in the campground have Electric and water and most have sewer but to insure you get what you want Register soon.
Call the office at (603) 323-8536 or you can call KOA at (888) 273-8642
In making your reservation you'll leave a deposit and the discount will be given when you pay the balance upon arrival.
See you all in May.
Gerry
Old 02-17-2020, 08:52 AM   #55

Name: Jeff
Trailer: Trillium
Maine
spring fling

I will be there from may 12th - 19th on site 40 that we reserved last year Dodie will be there late thursday night and leaving late sunday due to having to be at work

Jeff & Dodie
jroh88_1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 04:39 AM   #56

HI Jeff,
The Rally will be here sooner then we think.
I too will be arriving on Tuesday to get settled in as will some other Rally goers so maybe we'll get together for some non-rally related things to do.
Gerry
Old 03-03-2020, 05:36 AM   #57

I had the pleasure of having lunch with the new General Manager, Bob, from the campground yesterday and he had just came from the campground where he talked to the office worker, Steve.
Steve reported that people have been calling in making reservations for our Rally at a steady clip.
Bob didn't have a count but he will report that to me soon. I told him that as the date gets closer I would need to know as I will need to know how much food to buy for the Pot-Luck supper.

Make your RESERVATION NOW!!! because sites will go fast.
Call Office: (603) 323-8536 or (888) 237-8642
Be sure you tell them you'll be attending the Spring Fling Rally so the office can keep count.
Pay the down payment and your discount will be awarded upon the payment of balance when you arrive.

Also want to say welcome to all the old timers who have coming every year to the Spring Fling and all the new people who will be joining us this year and to all who are on the fence still, there are sites still available so make your reservations ASAP

Your host
Gerry & Barb
Old 03-03-2020, 08:41 AM   #58

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
I was wondering if you start some kind of food list for the pot luck. You know to give you an idea what is showing up.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 06:31 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
I was wondering if you start some kind of food list for the pot luck. You know to give you an idea what is showing up.
Thomas, there is no list. I supply the chicken and you all can bring what you would like. We always can use drinks like a bottle of soda or if you do a special casserole of salad or desert you like to make it's fine also, but people tend to go to store to bring chips and deserts and that's fine too. There will plenty of electrical cords so if you bring a crock pot, we will get it plugged in.
Still wondering talk to me before the dinner and maybe we can come up with something.
I usually tell people just bring what they want....we've never ran out of food that's for sure.

Gerry
Old 03-06-2020, 06:21 PM   #60

Name: Dave
Trailer: Scamp 13 D
Massachusetts
Spring Fling

Hey Gerry! Dave & Jackie Norton here Scamp 13D > lucked out on site 46, shanghaied Dr Jeff (played happy hours on Cape Cod for years incredible voice & guitar) to site 56, and Mike "Coon Daddy" Donovan to site 58 (can also sing like a bird if you hang a shower curtain around him) all we need is a stage! Have a question > for the "gifts" I have 3 mounted 13s w/1500miles we switched out when we bumped to 14s... Can I donate! Stoked to get back in the Mix! See you soon!!
ACHINBAC is offline   Reply With Quote