NH 2020, May 14-17: Spring Fling in New England for 2020 - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-01-2020, 11:12 AM   #101

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I would suggest that the generator discussion be moved to a separate- stand alone thread so this rally thread can remain on topic .
YES Please Do.
Gerry, host of the Spring Fling thread
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 04:48 PM   #102

Name: Bonnie
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
"Live free, or die" N.H. motto is scrapped......

Ironic?

Gerry, I'll be there, unless the grounds are closed.
Achinbac, I do look forward to conversing with you, all-be-it from a suitable distance.
Jon M B
Bonnie RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 06:41 PM   #103

Name: Dave
Trailer: Scamp 13 D
Massachusetts
Jon & Bonnie, it would be our honor....We are still unwavering in our commitment also & it will be great to hang with you again!

HEAR ME ALL! - Who have received the Blessings of Gerry's and Barb's Personal Efforts and Stewardship over these last years to facilitate our gathering...... If it comes to pass that Chocoura is closed, I commit a personal pledge and hope to be joined by others to make both their Efforts this winter on our collective behalf whole again. We'll find a way....this is not charity, it is Merit Based, Flingers! ...Dave
ACHINBAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 04:43 AM   #104

Got message Friday on status of campground and it scheduled to open May 1st.
Barb and I are sheltering in place till then as mandated by Governor of Maine and am still getting Maine State reports on closures but only getting reports about the KOA we have our Spring Fling at and as stated they are still opening on time.
Gerry
Old 04-09-2020, 03:41 AM   #105

Update message from Campground Manager
His was in contact with the Governor of NH and as of the 7th of April, Campgrounds in New Hampshire are still allowed to open.
Social distancing is recommended and no gatherings in spots of more then 10 people should be practiced at this time.

Gerry
Hope all is safe, healthy and happy.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:44 AM   #106

Name: Mimi
Trailer: 2019 Escape 17B;TV = 2011 Toyota Tundra Extracab 5.7L
NH
I still have the dates blocked off, and if the event is "on" (and I'm well, and able!), I will be there. Observing the "distancing parameters" throughout, of course.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:23 AM   #107

Massachusetts
That is great news Gerry! Brought the BISKËT out of hibernation Monday during a nice heatwave here and gave her a good Spring scrubbin! Given we're fairly close now to a peak, I am confident our Rally will come to pass. For your gift bags Gerry I'm also bringing a box of nitrile gloves and N95 masks I use for epoxy in the shop to donate to fellow campers. We'll also have Whistle Pig hand sanitizer as well as other custom blends on site for those in need.......
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20200406_142034393_HDR.jpg   IMG_20200406_182422571_HDR.jpg  

Old 04-09-2020, 11:39 AM   #108

Tis is great Dave, so generous of you. I myself have been busy installing new fresh water tank in my Casita and finishing up the custom doors.
Others may have to just peek in the window for the Shine and Show.
Will be getting to the campground two days early to get things settled in.
Gerry
Old 04-13-2020, 03:59 AM   #109

Got my weekly call from GM of campground and was told that there may or may mot be a problem with any trailer that is not self contained and that they may be only having one restroom open.
He was scheduled to have an online meeting with the owners of campground that evening and said he would be sending me a print-out of any new news that will be applied to the rules of the campground.
They are still planning on opening May 1 and in hopes of starting to turn the Water on in the campground this week (a bit early in my opinion) and I will be going down to the campground to lend a hand and will find out more.
Interested people can go to link below to get more KOA news:
https://koa.com/blog/covid-19-update/
Or if concerned about anything can call office at 603-323-8536

Great news is that we almost reached my goal of 40 sites, and even with the terrible events now sweeping the country and the cancelation of most of the events I have set for the Rally, we've only had one cancelation, and hope next year we can all enjoy the rally and get togethers as a group once again.

Also you can go to the Web-Page set up by Alan to get the latest news as of April 9th.

Stay safe and happy travels.
Gerry & Barb
Old 04-13-2020, 05:00 PM   #110

Massachusetts
Thanks for the update Gerry, we also received the guideline doc from Chocoura today which makes complete sense and is easily manageable. Our site #46 across from yours comes with a full size grill on a deck which I can set up a tarp over > if the pavilion is closed for cooking your squabs, it will be easily done no matter the weather. Have other ideas which I will expand on when we get together again - we are up on the 13th for the duration & still have 2 strong hands ( even if I do walk like Walter Brennan now, HaHa!)
Attached Thumbnails
6324.jpg  
Old 04-13-2020, 05:55 PM   #111

Thanks Dave.
Also anyone can go to the Rally Web Page and see updates at:
https://springflingne.org//

As said I am in touch with campground GM and will keep you all posted via this web site and our own web page.

Gerry
Old 04-15-2020, 09:43 AM   #112

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Cancel

I have never been to any kind of RV gathering and I was looking forward to this. However my idea of a good time is not sitting around with a mask and gloves. How could we even check out the other RVs. I don't even know if I will have my BigFoot registered because everything is closed.

So with regrets I'll catch you later.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 05:25 PM   #113

We all understand Tom.... Let do keep your calendar open for the 2021 Spring Fling in New England Rally next May.

Was at the campground today and helped get the water turned on to 90% of the campground. Lots of work still to get it ready for their may 1st opening but they will make it.
Gerry
Old 04-15-2020, 05:31 PM   #114

Massachusetts
Thomas, you & your new BF will be missed of course. To others coming, I will remind that visiting other sites is absolutely discretionary. No different than any camping trip, with exception that in communal locations such as bathrooms, personal protections such as gloves, wipes, as well as a mask would be appropriate. A minor inconvenience that many are using now in their daily lives. Onsite, personally, I probably won't unless guests visit. Some of my best adventures have required masks and gloves ( to my peril if not btw) I know you know the "Notch" well Gerry > was almost 20 below the night after that pic, chest deep breaking trail to our tentsite til we put the shoes on a couple years ago....I have never considered personal or public protection a burden, it is simply a part of the equation. As I said in a previous post, seeing and waving to fellow campers, even at a safe distance is perfectly fine with me......Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20200415-185248.jpg  
Old 04-16-2020, 11:15 AM   #115

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
Unfortunately, NY just extended their "Stay at Home" requirements until May 15th so I canceled my reservations for this year's Spring Fling. Not sure I'd be able to make it anyway since my truck is at the dealer waiting factory order parts that may take over a month to arrive.

Hope all that attend have a great time!
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 11:41 AM   #116

Name: John
Trailer: Escape
New York
[QUOTE=Jon Vermilye;77484) Not sure I'd be able to make it anyway since my truck is at the dealer waiting factory order parts that may take over a month to arrive.

Hope all that attend have a great time![/QUOTE]

A month for parts! Unbelievable. A brand new truck too. Well has she treated you good up until now? Sorry to hear that Jon. Hopefully we will all be able to come to next years Spring Fling. But I believe unless they come up with a miracle, this whole year is shot. JMO. Hope I’m wrong.
Jheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 12:32 PM   #117

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
My buddy waited more than six month to get his Hyundai Santa Fe back. They finally installed a trailer hitch on a loaner.
Attached Thumbnails
Santa Fe Loaner.jpg  
Old 04-16-2020, 01:48 PM   #118

Name: Mimi
Trailer: 2019 Escape 17B;TV = 2011 Toyota Tundra Extracab 5.7L
NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
Unfortunately, NY just extended their "Stay at Home" requirements until May 15th so I canceled my reservations for this year's Spring Fling.
Sorry to hear this, Jon, and totally understand. I will have to plan on meeting you at some further-in-the-future Fling.

I'm really looking forward to putting faces to familiar names, and to meeting New Faces, with New Names, at the May Fling (should it happen) and on into the "few-tcha".

For now - holed up at home, in Piermont New Hampsha. Could be worse. Far worse.
Old 04-16-2020, 05:34 PM   #119

Jon so sad you wont be able to join us that will be still going to the Spring Fling. Although at this time social distancing and small groups with masks on sitting 6ft apart doesn't sound like fun and for sure this years Rally wont be anything like previous years next year if things are going right by then we'll resume all the festive events.
Do not be alarmed if next year your schedule that gets handed out upon arrival has the year 2020 on it as I do not believe I will hand any schedules out this year.

We almost made it to my goal of 40 sites sold this year and the numbers are getting shaved down and I understand and respect your choice to hold of this year, and I do hope to see every one of the group, who decide not to come this year due to the pandemic, or other reasons, in 2021.

I had a pretty hefty schedule of events planned for tis year but it will keep till next.
Still planning to cook the 30# of Chicken and will figure out a way to get it doled out to the campers some how. I was offered the use of a golf cart to deliver this food to you but we'll see.

Gerry and Barb
Host of the Spring Fling in New England
Old 04-16-2020, 07:27 PM   #120

Massachusetts
I'll volunteer for delivery Gerry, ain't shavin neitha!
Attached Thumbnails
6662.jpg