NH 2020, May 14-17: Spring Fling in New England for 2020 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2019, 07:28 PM   #21

Name: Mimi
Trailer: 2019 Escape 17B;TV = 2011 Toyota Tundra Extracab 5.7L
NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Mimi & Sue maybe you will want to get the Cirgies down to the Dog agility park and show off just what your little buddies can do.
Good friends are out west or down in FL and I stuck here in Maine.
You think at my age I would know better.
LOL, Gerry - I think we all realize we're nuts, staying here in New England throughout the cold winter. That is, until we have those splendid, almost unbearably beautiful moments when winter works its wonderland on our hearts. Then - it's back to bundling into 3+ layers, getting out there and shoveling some more snow!

And yes, it'll be fun for our corgis to check out the local "turf" come rally-time. Agility park, woods trail, lakeside - such an adventure for them!
mimie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 01:49 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimie View Post
LOL, Gerry - I think we all realize we're nuts, staying here in New England throughout the cold winter. That is, until we have those splendid, almost unbearably beautiful moments when winter works its wonderland on our hearts. Then - it's back to bundling into 3+ layers, getting out there and shoveling some more snow!

And yes, it'll be fun for our corgis to check out the local "turf" come rally-time. Agility park, woods trail, lakeside - such an adventure for them!
While out West, at least here at Quartzsite, is warmer than the Northeast, sometimes not by much, and sometimes even cooler.

I called some friends in upstate NY yesterday, and they were at 65°F, I was at 61°F. This has been a cool December, with nighttime temperatures as low as 27°F, and many days in the 50's. Right now it is 58°F outside and heavy clouds with off & on light rain. It has been that way for the last 3 days and is expected to do the same for the next 3. I even dug out my propane generator when my 480 watts of solar was cranking out a grand total to 79 watts.

December is the coolest month in the Q, so warmer days are ahead!
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 02:53 PM   #23

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
While out West, at least here at Quartzsite, is warmer than the Northeast, sometimes not by much, and sometimes even cooler.

I called some friends in upstate NY yesterday, and they were at 65°F, I was at 61°F. This has been a cool December, with nighttime temperatures as low as 27°F, and many days in the 50's. Right now it is 58°F outside and heavy clouds with off & on light rain. It has been that way for the last 3 days and is expected to do the same for the next 3. I even dug out my propane generator when my 480 watts of solar was cranking out a grand total to 79 watts.

December is the coolest month in the Q, so warmer days are ahead!
I am going to pick up my Bigfoot 25TB sometime in February, hopefully. I am in Florida now and I have been looking for a southern route into New Mexico then north to Trailer World in Denver. Your posts and blog photos has me thinking that if the timing is right maybe I could go to Quartzsite and hang with the fiberglass RVs in my Styrofoam Box. ThomasC
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 03:30 PM   #24

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
I am going to pick up my Bigfoot 25TB sometime in February, hopefully. I am in Florida now and I have been looking for a southern route into New Mexico then north to Trailer World in Denver. Your posts and blog photos has me thinking that if the timing is right maybe I could go to Quartzsite and hang with the fiberglass RVs in my Styrofoam Box. ThomasC
Sounds great! Love to see you there (here).
Old 12-25-2019, 01:23 PM   #25

Name: John
Trailer: Escape
New York
Quote:
Mimi & Sue maybe you will want to get the Cirgies down to the Dog agility park and show off just what your little buddies can do.
With the cold fall and still 3 and half months of winter to go, It's hard to sit and wait for the warm spring weather that we all hope for in May.
Good friends are out west or down in FL and I stuck here in Maine.
You think at my age I would know better.
Well I don’t know Gerry. This is the third year we’re out here in AZ. We love it out here, but I walked into Walmart Monday and in the calendar section there was the Big Buck calendar. Picture of an 8 point and doe with popcorn snowflakes coming down, instantly home sick! I got the urge to be in the north woods baad This week. Next winter we are staying home because we got family things going on, so either we will love it agin or it will reinforce why we come out here. anyways Merry Christmas buddy , we see you at the spring fling.
Jheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 06:45 PM   #26

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
Hey Tom, Plan to make it to the Spring Fling? Maybe you all can have a caravan cross country to the Rally in May.
Finally got all the cupboard and shower door done in the Casita today and got them hanging but have to find some latches that match the hinges in color to finish the job.
There'll be time enough in the Spring to get this finished.
I had a dear walk through the yard just the other day and while driving back from shopping the other evening we spied a 10 pointer crossing the road.
The poor fellow next door lost 50% of his garden last year to the dear. The dear just look at him when he goes out there and yells at them.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 09:04 AM   #27

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
I was able to get time off work this year and able to book site 25 today for the rally. Coming in on Tuesday and leaving Saturday mid day since it is such a long drive. See ya'll there!
Old 01-06-2020, 03:48 AM   #28

Hey Bryan. So glad you'll be able to make it this year. Remember last year where you was then wasn't going to be able to make it.
I know it's a long drive down to your neck of the woods as this past summer we traveled down through Virginia on our out going and return trip cross country. Such beautiful country down your way.
You will be able to attend most of the events and it will be a great time.
Welcome aboard as a Spring Flinger.
Gerry
Old 01-06-2020, 06:39 AM   #29

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Trying to make this event, but the maps show the quickest is thru the east coast metro areas and the most scenic and shortest makes it a full day drive each up and then return.
Old 01-06-2020, 06:37 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Trying to make this event, but the maps show the quickest is thru the east coast metro areas and the most scenic and shortest makes it a full day drive each up and then return.
Hey Jim,
Where you coming from? As said my wife and I went down the East Coast and we circumvented all major cities without adding too many miles. I did want to take a more scenic route up through the Adirodack State Park and then head East and south back to the eastern side of NH but wife had to get to work by the last week of Sept. so we just headed home on a more direct route through CT.
Tell us where your coming from and maybe somebody can give you some ideas of a way you can make it in your allotted time.
Hope you can make it.
Gerry
Old 01-16-2020, 08:16 PM   #31

Name: Alan
Trailer: Escape 21C
Massachusetts
We'll be coming in our little old Casita. I think we made reservations before we left last year. I better check. We'll be heading to the fiberglass rally in Quartzsite in February and then start moseying back to make Spring Fling in NH. Looking forward to both.
Alan & Lorraine
Fun Pigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:23 PM   #32

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun Pigs View Post
We'll be coming in our little old Casita. I think we made reservations before we left last year. I better check. We'll be heading to the fiberglass rally in Quartzsite in February and then start moseying back to make Spring Fling in NH. Looking forward to both.
Alan & Lorraine
Stop by and say hello at Quartzsite. I'm already here at the Long Term Visitor Area next to the Big Tent, and will move to Dome Rock around January 27th.
Old 01-16-2020, 08:32 PM   #33

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
Stop by and say hello at Quartzsite. I'm already here at the Long Term Visitor Area next to the Big Tent, and will move to Dome Rock around January 27th.
Hey John, We're in Scadden Wash about a mile away. We'll swing by tomorrow and see if we can spot your rig. If not you can text coordinates to 508-769-4111. Look forward to seeing you again!
A&L
Old 01-18-2020, 05:58 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun Pigs View Post
Alan & Lorraine
Hey Alan and Lorraine, So glad we'll be seeing you again in May. Got some new events we're going to try out this year and hope everyone will join in and enjoy.
It stinks being stuck here in Maine with 16 inches of snow around the Casita and temps in sub-zero but it gives me time to do some other crafts I enjoy doing but boredom still settled in and I will go for a part time job next week.
Can't wait to show off all the new doors I built and installed in the Casita on Shine and Show day at the Rally.
So see you in May.... John are you reserved for the Rally this year?
Your Host Gerry
Old 01-18-2020, 07:34 AM   #35

Massachusetts
Quote:
Hey Alan and Lorraine, So glad we'll be seeing you again in May. Got some new events we're going to try out this year and hope everyone will join in and enjoy.
It stinks being stuck here in Maine with 16 inches of snow around the Casita and temps in sub-zero but it gives me time to do some other crafts I enjoy doing but boredom still settled in and I will go for a part time job next week.
Can't wait to show off all the new doors I built and installed in the Casita on Shine and Show day at the Rally.
So see you in May.... John are you reserved for the Rally this year?
Your Host Gerry
Hi Gerry, Boredom, that's the problem we had in winter after retirement. We are fortunate to be on the road meeting new friends and catching up with old ones. After last years Fling I got the website name SpringFlingNE.com. I can set up a website for the Fling this year. Provide links to registration, the event schedule and photos if you like. Let me know.
Looking forward to spring, Alan & Lorraine
Old 01-20-2020, 06:45 PM   #36

It's never to early to make your reservations to join in the FUN at the Rally in 2020!
Busy getting a few new things to do this year and with these cold Maine days, working in the shop making a few give away gifts.
Also getting the final draft for the printed out schedule that will be handed out to you upon arrival on the 14th.
The can say that everyone who joins us this year will have a GREAT time.
Lots of people are checking out this thread so now is the time to make your reservation to make sure you get one of the great sites they have at Chocorua Camping Village KOA

Make your RESERVATION NOW!!! because sites will go fast.
Call Office: (603) 323-8536 or (888) 237-8642
Be sure you tell them you'll be attending the Spring Fling Rally so the office can keep count.

So mark your calendars and go to the "Rally Calendar" page, under the "More" tab at top of page to let me know if you'll be attending.

See you there..... Gerry & Barb Landry
Old 01-21-2020, 06:19 PM   #37

A little good news, Camp friends, John and Arleen Heck will again be coming to the Rally. They couldn't make it last year but he just E-mailed me and told me that they have made reservations and will be ready to have a good time with old and new Spring Flingers.
I got to get down to the campground and get a # of reservations so I can forward them off on here.
Gerry
COLD in Maine....negative 17 this morning...BRRRR
Old 01-21-2020, 06:25 PM   #38

Also he said he couldn't find out how to fill out the reservation section on FiberglassRV so here is how to do it.
Click on the Calendar tag at the top of page
on Calendar page...advance to month of May
Click on Spring Fling in New England
It will bring you to the registration page.
This will allow me to keep a count of how many people are coming so if your already registered at the campground and haven't said so on FiberglassRV, Please do so.
Gerry
Old 01-24-2020, 09:47 AM   #39

Name: Jane and John
Trailer: 2017 Oliver Legacy Elite 2
New Hampshire
Welcome to the world of RV-ing Mimi, we also live in NH on the CT River in Charlestown we look forward to meeting you at the rally. Everyone we met last year were all a great group of folks, we have a Toyota Tacoma(blue) and a Scamp 19.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:58 AM   #40

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Casita
Connecticut
Wayne and Jill Wiganowske have made reservations for the Spring Fling. (Casita Spirit Delux). We are from CT and are looking forward to it!
wwig is offline   Reply With Quote