WA 2020, May 15-17: Maryhill in May 2020 - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-28-2020, 12:48 PM   #41

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
Hi Ruth,
Ya - Wish it was clear yes or no....
I haven't bugged the locals because I'm sure they know as much as my own local leadership. They're looking for a plan too.

Its 2 weeks before we are planning to leave. We're lucky we can go or not on short notice, but I'm sure it's tough if you have to schedule your recreational time.
I'm figuring it won't happen but should probably see if I can get my new tires this week or early next week, just in case.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 11:59 PM   #42

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Opening the WA state parks for camping is not going to happen early in May. Here is the reason why and it is a sensible and well considered choice made by the health officials.

If camping were to open people from the cities and counties where there have been quite a few infections would then begin traveling into the Washington state counties where there have been few infections. They would also be very tempted to spend more than just a weekend there as they might not need to go back to their normal place of work. Those counties have few infections because they do not have large populations of people. A sudden influx of visitors could increase the number of infections. Those counties also do not have a lot of ICU hospital beds so a sudden increase in cases in their local populations would overwhelm their medical facility capacity. Those hospitals are already in financial difficulty without the normal revenue from the surgeries that are currently not allowed. But a whole new population coming into the county that might not have health insurance to cover treatment for Covid would be yet another financial burden.

The opening of camping will also see an increasing influx of people who can no longer afford rent and will be living out of their cars instead. So rather than live on the streets in cities the campgrounds will see an even larger number of newly homeless individuals who are going to spent the summer months camping. There is a lot of free camping in Washington state on the National Forest Service and Department of National Resources lands. Those lands are also currently closed for camping. But again those NFS and DNR lands are in remote areas with small populations that do not at present have a lot of Covid 19 cases and don't have the medical facilities to handle an increase.

So I hope you can all understand why the opening of camping is not going to be immediate. Day use only can be done because people will not be driving long distances out of their own county into the less populated counties. The officials want it to be difficult to travel to protect those more rural populations. The camping will return but the rate of new infections has not yet come down enough for that.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 07:49 AM   #43

Registry
They are now refunding reservations through May 11 so at this. point they appear to be taking it week by week. But if you cancel before they cancel you have to pay the penalties which for some are up to 50%. So I am keeping mine until they are canceled officially.

For those parks an easy drive from the major population areas, day use is worse as it will bring more people to the area.
Old 05-01-2020, 09:52 PM   #44

Name: Carolyn
Trailer: Scamp 13
Washington
Yes.... good advice. I am assuming if they decide to cancel our reservations they have to notify us. Saw the new announcement today, and I choose to still be hopeful. Yes I think it is goofy to trust day use people to be more responsible than we would be! But I guess they don't care what we think and don't trust us... oh well... I will be totally disappointed.
Wish we could find a private RV park to go to...
Carolyn N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 07:49 AM   #45

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn N. View Post
Yes.... good advice. I am assuming if they decide to cancel our reservations they have to notify us. Saw the new announcement today, and I choose to still be hopeful. Yes I think it is goofy to trust day use people to be more responsible than we would be! But I guess they don't care what we think and don't trust us... oh well... I will be totally disappointed.
Wish we could find a private RV park to go to...
NH is opening camping to in-state only. Not a bad idea. What worries me about day use is that you can't trace contacts and that since people abuse it, it will delay when camping opens.

I expect on Monday they'll close at least through the 18th if not the 25th. Oh, well- I'm getting ready to camp in my own garage! (With a view to the back yard and no propane.)
Old 05-02-2020, 11:10 AM   #46

Washington
If it is cancelled I might find a private RV park to go to... some are open. ... just by myself...
Old 05-02-2020, 07:26 PM   #47

Name: Alan & Barb
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Washington
Registry
Not sure why anyone would want to go out and expose themselves and others to unnecessary risk. We’ll all be disappointed if yet another trip gets cancelled but it’s a sacrifice I’m comfortable believing is for the greater long term good. Save the spots in private RV parks for full timers who have no place to shelter. Just my opinion.
Barb and Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 01:22 PM   #48

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
I have not heard anything from Maryhill. I am supposed to be there in nine days. Has anyone else heard anything from the park?
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 02:28 PM   #49

Registry
I'm guessing the parks site will update tomorrow and we'll get an email about refunds. They are not even opening Maryhill for Day use since it is on the Columbia River and apparently they don't want Oregonians to come over. (They aren't opening the parks on the Columbia or on the coast of Washington.) I know, it is disappointing to plan for nine months and not get to go, but hopefully we will all have next year. https://parks.state.wa.us/1181/Parks-opening
Old 05-03-2020, 03:36 PM   #50

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
Thanks for that link Bobbie.
I think it's safe to say we won't be camping at Maryhill in 2 weeks.
Now to wait until they get around to refunding reservations.

Sorry folks - it was a good run for the 10 years it lasted...
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 10:47 AM   #51

Registry
Now it just says camping is closed, no "through May ##" language. I guess I can figure out how to spend the refund if/when it comes! (in fact I already did... I bought a Lodge Cook-it-all, and a generator. That may get me into June's reservation..)

And now- officially canceled! I have four more reservations this year... I am not taking bets.
Old 05-04-2020, 12:04 PM   #52

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
It's official! We just got our cancellation/refund notice for Maryhill.
Old 05-04-2020, 12:21 PM   #53

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
Got mine too:

"Your camping or roofed accommodation reservation at a Washington State Park with an arrival date from today through May 18, 2020 is cancelled. You will receive a full refund and confirmation of your cancellation.

You do not need to contact the reservation center to receive your refund. The refund is automatically refunded to the original payment method within 3 to 5 business days after your reservation is cancelled."

Sounds like they are going to cancel week by week.
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 12:32 PM   #54

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Well Darn it! This was the only Rally we had actually booked for this summer.
Old 05-06-2020, 04:58 PM   #55

Name: Ruth
Trailer: Amerigo
Washington
Registry
Maryhill Rally 2020

Hi again!
I received an email yesterday from Washington State Parks, cancelling my reservation. They are not opening up yet due to being along the Columbia River! I was so looking forward to bringing my little Amerigo for the FIRST time to a Rally. Would anyone want to still meet up? Smokiam RV Resort is open with Covid 19 safety measures for overnight camping. It is an absolutely beautiful private campground with lots of tall trees, shade and green grass and open areas.

Here is the web address:

https://smokiamrvresort.com/amenities/

We have reservations for the weekend of June 20-21 for the hydroplane race there as my significant other is on rescue for these races. The race has been cancelled, however we could keep the reservation if anyone is interested to meet up....or change to another date....would anyone need to approve that if people are interested?

Let me know....thank you!

Ruth
Giggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 05:22 PM   #56

Name: Ruth
Trailer: Amerigo
Washington
Registry
still meet up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
Thanks for that link Bobbie.
I think it's safe to say we won't be camping at Maryhill in 2 weeks.
Now to wait until they get around to refunding reservations.

Sorry folks - it was a good run for the 10 years it lasted...
Hi again!
I received an email yesterday from Washington State Parks, cancelling my reservation. They are not opening up yet due to being along the Columbia River! I was so looking forward to bringing my little Amerigo for the FIRST time to a Rally. Would anyone want to still meet up? Smokiam RV Resort is open with Covid 19 safety measures for overnight camping. It is an absolutely beautiful private campground with lots of tall trees, shade and green grass and open areas.

Here is the web address:

We have reservations for the weekend of June 20-21 for the hydroplane race there as my significant other is on rescue for these races. The race has been cancelled, however we could keep the reservation if anyone is interested to meet up....or change to another date....would anyone need to approve that if people are interested?

Ruth
Giggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 10:45 PM   #57

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
Hi again!

Here is the web address:

Ruth
I will follow this...might be interested if you get any takers, although I am heading to Lynden Sunday or Monday for an Escapees Rally. I do wish the group would just switch to a private place instead of just dumping the whole thing.... disappointing.