Greetings FG RVers. The hallmark of the group planning to gather at Kathio this May is that we have no leader. The closest thing to "leadership" in the group would have to be characterized as "The Usual Suspects". With recent events being the hot topic everywhere, The Usual Suspects have been scratching their heads like Larry, Curley, and Moe realizing that there is no leader and no one wants the title
. The head scratching consensus is that we should do nothing right now. We are all adults in the same high risk group. Each of us should evaluate the situation as the date of the gathering gets closer and make their own decision. If there are campers at Kathio State Park May 3-4-5, there will be a gathering and folks will have fun. If not, we hope we are all at home safe and healthy.
We are planning on being there as of today and would likely not cancel our reservation until we are closer to the date of the event. NOTE: In order to avoid a Site charge cancellations must be 4 days or more before the reservation date. Even so, there is a cancellation fee at present. What happens to the such fees if all MN state parks are closed is unknown.
We will post here if we personally decide to cancel as the date gets close. It would be great if all of us who decide to cancel would do the same.
Until then, hunker down and be safe and healthy.
Dave and Diane, a couple of the usual suspects