CA 2020, Oct 22-26: 19th Annual Fiberglass Rally @ Lake Casitas, CA. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-22-2020, 11:44 AM   #21

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by tua View Post
Also note, all flotation devices are not allowed. I had to lock up my new blow up raft in their cage last year, until I left.
Is this to protect from invasives like zebra mussels?
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:07 PM   #22
tua

Name: Traveler
Trailer: Happier Camper
Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Is this to protect from invasives like zebra mussels?
Iowa Dave
Could be, but mine was brand new sealed in the box so no chance it ever saw a mussel.
According to the web site, "Lake Casitas is a drinking water supply."
tua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 04:33 PM   #23

Name: Paula
Trailer: Oliver Elite 2015 18.5
California
Registry
Lake Casitas Rally Oct 2020

Also note the 'lake' shown on the campsite map is really more like a dry creek, the actual lake starts more like 3000 feet south of there.

I note Lake Casitas is /very/ strict about no person and no pets going in or even near the lake water or any creek that drains into it, other than completely inside a rented boat.

That's right John. Casitas is a Municipal water district and it's drinking water for all of west Ventura. Please do not bring a boat. They will quarantine it for about 30 days! They will make you take it off your vehicle and put it on their lot and they charge for this also! They are very strict about this. Please read about this at their website, if you haven't already.
As for the dry creek, yes Casitas is only at about 40% full. It's a struggle to get water in the lake since it only comes in with rain and no other rivers or creeks feed it. That too should be at their website.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:31 PM   #24

Name: Paula
Trailer: Oliver Elite 2015 18.5
California
Registry
Lake Casitas Rally Oct 2020

Lake Casitas reservations can now be made.
Our group mingles in BASS. PLEASE note this year our activities will be very different because of Covid. The park is adhering to strict CDC rules and we cannot have more than 10 people at a time in a group and have to stay 6' apart, with masks....you've probably heard this many times by now and we as adults will follow this in the park, or take the risk of being kicked out!
I'll have another message posted about our activities, and few they will be this year. Please be aware you enter and join us at your own risk, not mine. YOU are solely responsible for yourself and those your bring, not me.
Bass is fully reserved, Egret is the next closest and a few folks are in FOX. Camp where you like and join us when you can.....yes this is going to be a different year because we can't all squeeze into BASS.
PLEASE once you get your reservation send me the following: This can be done by PM me or if you have my email.......

SITE #
NAMES ( FIRST AND LAST OF EACH PERSON IN YOUR PARTY)
EMAIL
CITY, STATE
RV (YEAR, MAKE, MODEL, LENGTH)
PHONE(S)
DATE IN
DATE OUT
MISC (PETS, etc)

We look forward to camping with you!
Paula
Frank
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 12:20 AM   #25

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
this should be fun! as I've already told Paula, we'll be in B5 ...

and oh boy, just ordered a portable propane grill, so this will be its first trip. did a bunch of research, decided to get a Napoleon TravelQ 285X ...

John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 09:43 PM   #26

Name: Catherine
Trailer: Hunter Compact Jr
California
Thank you

Hi all,

I'm one of the new members who attended. Thank you so much for being welcoming!

BTW I think I've solved my DMV issue with my vintage Compact Jr, I'll find out tomorrow...

If so, I'll be able to bring it next event and not be camping in a tent. HA!

Compact Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 12:00 AM   #27
tua

Name: Traveler
Trailer: Happier Camper
Utah
Is there a date for 2021?
tua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 04:27 PM   #28

Name: Robin
Trailer: 2013 16ft Scamp
California
Does anyone know if this Raly will be held again in 2021? Or if there are any other southern CA Rally’s being planned in the coming year?
Campingbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 05:33 PM   #29

Name: Bob & Jackie
Trailer: 13' Scamp, 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe
Arizona
Lake Casita Rally 2021

For best information you could message Paula, but she told me a while ago that the Rally would probably be October 21-25, 2021 and the park is only taking reservation a month out at this time. So, check with Paula to get on her list and check park reservation system for reservation lead time.
Oh, and be ready for a great time with fellow campers,
BobC
Bob & Jackie C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita, rally