MI 2020, Sep 11-13: #9 Algonac Glassic Egg Scramble - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-13-2020, 12:56 PM   #61

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
Our Maritime trip for this August also canceled as we’ve canceled seven reservations this year so far.

Note that the Mississippi River Rendezvous is now canceled as well although some are still planning to camp there that weekend.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 01:10 PM   #62

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Well, that's sort of the way this one is turning out.

Walt
Old 07-13-2020, 03:27 PM   #63

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Our Maritime trip for this August also canceled as we’ve canceled seven reservations this year so far.

Note that the Mississippi River Rendezvous is now canceled as well although some are still planning to camp there that weekend.
Where did you see that the Mississippi River Rendezvous is canceled?
Old 07-13-2020, 04:42 PM   #64

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
The Ms Rvr Rally is listed on the Escape forum. It shows to be cancelled now but MANY are still coming as a not official rally. I am keeping my reservation too.
Old 07-20-2020, 01:39 PM   #65

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Pam, Dave and Paula Brown along with their Lil Snoozy
from Arizona have cancelled site 52 for this crazy year. Hope to see everyone next year.
God Bless
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:06 AM   #66

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
Pam, Dave and Paula Brown along with their Lil Snoozy
from Arizona have cancelled site 52 for this crazy year. Hope to see everyone next year.
God Bless
Sorry you can't come, we will miss you two and snoozy.
Stay safe and well. See you next year. Happy Camping in the meantime
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:09 AM   #67

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butsky View Post
Site # 132 is now open as of this morning. Sorry folks. Hope to see you next year!
Be safe, that's most important. See you at future Algonac Glassics
Happy Camping
Old 07-21-2020, 07:20 PM   #68

Registry
EDIT - The Swap N Sell at the picnic shelter is cancelled for this year. Everyone can make arrangements amongst themselves if they have something to sell. Next year we will plan for it to be back at the picnic shelter gain.

Between maintaining social distances, maybe needing to limit the number of people gathering inside the shelter, and the possibility that the virus numbers could move up and we have to cancel anyway, its a bit of a crap shoot.

Note that this does NOT prevent anyone from doing a quiet 'stealth sale' from their trunk or truck, just watch out for the rangers because they frown on it (park rules).
People can post here, or in the Algonac FB thread for pre-sales and people can make arrangements for pickup at the campground as well.
(FYI, I pulled this image from the web, I have no idea who this guy is, and this is not a stealth sale setup Hehehe)
Attached Thumbnails
CaptureSale.JPG  
Old 07-22-2020, 04:11 AM   #69

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Personally, I think cancellation is wise. We will be acting as we did at 4 Bs, staying 6 feet away and providing inside pix instead of letting someone who wishes to see the inside of our camper.

CindyL

Pam Edit - I agree Cindy, its is the right decision for this year, no swap n sell at the picnic shelter.
Old 07-22-2020, 11:47 AM   #70

Registry
Gatherings or cook-outs Covid Guidelines
I’m sure that everyone knows ‘the rules' but I figured it will be best to make sure we all have them available within this group thread. Everyone is still responsible to ensure their own safety, so please do not feel that you have to take part in anything if you aren’t comfortable, and please take whatever steps you feel are needed to maintain your safety and health.
Please stay home if you have been in a situation where you could have been exposed to Covid-19 in the last 14 days, or have been notified that you could have been exposed, or if you are showing symptoms of Covid-19.
Outdoor visits are recommended, and should be held to smaller groups of 10 or less, and while maintaining proper social distancing. If 6ft cannot be maintained, it is recommended to wear a mask. Arrange chairs to maintain social distancing.
Long visits inside (trailers, enclosures, etc) is not recommended without a face covering.
Wear cloth face coverings when less than 6 feet apart from people, or when indoors.
Clean hands often, and use hand sanitizers after handling ‘public’ objects
Everyone will be handling their own food. So we will not have public service food set up for the entire group (such as pot luck, coffee, etc). However, what people decide to do at their own camp is their choice.
It would be nice to hug and shake hands, but I will not be doing so for this year. This year is a ‘wave hello’ year for me, unfortunately.
Looking forward to having a safe and fun Glassic Camp Out regardless of Covid!
Old 08-09-2020, 01:08 PM   #71

Name: Lisa
Trailer: Boler 1700
Michigan
Sorry Pam, we can't make it this year. We have canceled site 219 (boler 17). Hope to see everyone next year.

Lisa and John Deeds
Lisa in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 01:32 PM   #72

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
We (Guido, Anne in their Scamp) and me in my Escape 21 are still planning on the rally, but if they keep the Canadian border closed into September we will have to cancel. Not looking good, but we can hope!
Jon Vermilye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 01:35 PM   #73

SW Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
We (Guido, Anne in their Scamp) and me in my Escape 21 are still planning on the rally, but if they keep the Canadian border closed into September we will have to cancel. Not looking good, but we can hope!
Same for me.

Walt
Old 08-10-2020, 04:21 PM   #74

Registry
Its going to be an EPIC year in 2021 for sure, with the return of the Canadians and all the rest of our peeps who can't make it this year.
The important thing is that everyone is safe and well.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:57 PM   #75

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Its going to be an EPIC year in 2021 for sure

Optimist.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:47 PM   #76

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Its going to be an EPIC year in 2021 for sure, with the return of the Canadians and all the rest of our peeps who can't make it this year.
The important thing is that everyone is safe and well.
Pam do you know something we don’t know or have access to information that we don’t have ? We called last week to check on making reservations for a Canadian fishing trip in May of 2021 . The answer we got was “ It’s too early and don’t count on it . I hope your correct but right now my moneys on the border being closed well into next year .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:50 AM   #77

Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape
Alabama
Pam,

Had a great time with the group in 2019. Too much traveling to do in the condition we're in this year, but hope to see you in 2021. Have fun next month!!!
Mary O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 12:45 PM   #78

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
Since they closed the Canadian border until September 21, and our plan was to drive through Canada to get to the rally, I reluctantly canceled my reservation. Hope to see any of you on the road if I ever get on it!
Jon Vermilye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 01:14 PM   #79

SW Virginia
Yeah, sad times. I'll be cancelling also.
Hopefully next year.
Hope to see you at Hungry Mother Jon.

Walt
Old 08-17-2020, 09:35 AM   #80

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Well poopy! So many cancellations, understandable but still a bummer. We are still planning on going but this hasn't been a big travel year for us. I figure if I just don't shower the week before I'll get plenty of "social distance", anyone who comes closer than 6 feet may have lost sense of smell from covid-19 and I will run away screaming :-)

Seriously if it wasn't close trip I would be second guessing attending despite really wanting to see the people again.

I have something that may be of interest to sell. I had a machinist make up replacement brackets for my 77 Scamp prop up windows. He can make more and made a few extras that people can check out. The little "L" shaped brackets that the prop/latch attach to are made out of cheap cast aluminum and were mostly broken in my camper. These are machined from hard aluminum, should be much stronger.

He wants $5 a pair for them since set up for small job run and to get shape he has to machine off a fair amount of material.

Most of them broke at the same spot where material is thin and stress is high, he made these so they don't have that step that leads to thin material at a stress point.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote