TN 2020, Sep 28 - 30: LBL Fall Rally - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2020, 08:54 AM   #1

Trailer: 1989 Scamp 13 ft
2020, Sep 28 - 30: LBL Fall Rally

2020, Sep 28 - 30. LBL Fall Rally. This year the rally will be at COE Lock A Campground near Ashland City, TN The campground has 38 reservable sites. Please do not reserve site 15 Reservations may be made through recreation.gov six months in advance. Nightly campfires, potluck on Tuesday at 5pm and a wine tasting on Wednesday at 6:30pm. Please bring a small gift for the door prize drawing. Bring your bikes for the many miles of paved road down to the dam and locks. Fishing in the river or on site pond with Tennessee fishing license. Dennis & Susie Archer are the host. If you have questions please send me a private message through this forum. Hope to see you there.
DENNIS ARCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 09:04 AM   #2

Prefix correction,

The prefix should be TN not TX.
Old 01-09-2020, 04:57 PM   #3

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
planning on being there. gotta wait to reserve a site though - 6mo. out
Old 01-11-2020, 05:25 PM   #4

Name: Carl
Trailer: Casita
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS ARCHER View Post
2020, Sep 28 - 30. LBL Fall Rally. This year the rally will be at COE Lock A Campground near Ashland City, TN The campground has 38 reservable sites. Please do not reserve site 15 Reservations may be made through recreation.gov six months in advance. Nightly campfires, potluck on Tuesday at 5pm and a wine tasting on Wednesday at 6:30pm. Please bring a small gift for the door prize drawing. Bring your bikes for the many miles of paved road down to the dam and locks. Fishing in the river or on site pond with Tennessee fishing license. Dennis & Susie Archer are the host. If you have questions please send me a private message through this forum. Hope to see you there.
Thanks for the update. I thought the rally was going to be the first week of Oct. Will book a site 6 months out. Carl, Kathy, & Byron (Psycho dog)
cvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:19 PM   #5

Name: Michael
Trailer: Escape 21
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvik View Post
Thanks for the update. I thought the rally was going to be the first week of Oct. Will book a site 6 months out. Carl, Kathy, & Byron (Psycho dog)
That is what I had marked in my calendar, Oct. 5-8. I guess life happens and something had to change.
lijMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:18 PM   #6

The change was announced at the 2019 Fall Rally at Hurricane Creek. Hope to see you all this year.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:37 AM   #7

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita17'Spirit Deluxe (aka: Tweaker's Casita)
Southwest Ohio
Registry
A couple of days ago, I reserved site #17.
Today I noticed that 25 of the 38 sites are still available.
And #15 is not among the 25.
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 08:17 AM   #8

Name: Ray
Trailer: Yellow Winnebago
Kentucky
We plan to be there again.
RGill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 10:13 PM   #9

Georgia
Count us in, IF the recreation.gov web site ever opens for business.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:06 PM   #10

Name: Dani
Trailer: "Birdie" Casita
South Carolina
Excited

I just started my journey with my first camper/first Casita "Birdie" this year.
We are booked and look forward to meeting everyone.
danilovesbirdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 06:48 AM   #11

Name: Megan
Trailer: Scamp
Kentucky
Thumbs up Site #31, 9/27 - 9/30

Hi! I haven't seen this group for awhile. Used to have that "patchwork painted" 1977 Scamp. Arriving a day earlier and leaving a day earlier, but "I'm in!" Now have a 2005 13 ft. Scamp. See you!
Megala M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 12:55 PM   #12

Name: john
Trailer: uhaul fiberglass egg
Tennessee
count me in site #12

just got my camper guess i gotta get cracking to get it ready for sept 28th - 30th reservations are paid for no turning back now
toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 09:54 AM   #13

The rally is still a go but due to the pandemic there will be changes. All campground facilities are open but social distancing is required. For this reason there will be no planned activities. Morning coffee, potluck, door prize drawing, open house & wine tasting are all cancelled. It will be a camp-out only. Bring your own food & drink. DO NOT bring door prizes. Look forward to spending three relaxing days in a beautiful river side campground. Susie & I will be on site 15. We look forward to seeing everyone again this year. Sorry for the changes but better safe than sorry.
Old 08-30-2020, 01:24 PM   #14

Trailer: In the market
Miami
Question A strange request for these times ?

Hello everyone, my name is Ray. I am posting this to ask if it might be possible for me to drop by the Fall Tennessee rally and see inside one or more of the fiberglass trailers. I will not actually be "staying" at the rally as I do not have a rig yet.

The problem is that I have never seen a fiberglass trailer in person. Furthermore, because I am 270 lbs, I really do not know how I will fit in one or if I can comfortably enter the bathroom. I particularly hope to see inside a Casita 17, ideally a liberty deluxe, however any Casita model would answer most of my questions. I would also be interested to know more the escape 19 and 21, if I can.

Different people have different opinions about the pandemic, and I do respect various opinions. However, in my case particularly given my age, weight and diabetes I must take Covid-19 very seriously and therefore feel I have a responsibility not to cause others like you any concern.

Therefore, I promise to do a "space-suit routine":

I will only spend a couple minutes inside. I will sanitize my hands and arms before entering any unit and wear a fresh genuine (American) N95 respirator mask with NO filter valve. I will put on a set of goggles I have that seals the mask 100% to prevent air leaving (or entering) my lungs unfiltered. Although I cant help giggling at how wierd it sounds, I do mean it. Thats what I will do and wear on entry if anyone is kind enough ( and feels comfortable enough) to favor me with a look inside. In addition, I would have no problem taking any other precautions the rig owner feels appropriate. I really dont want anyone to have any reason to question their safety if they allow me to briefly enter their space.

Here is a little more about me as an FYI: I will be retiring in 3 months. I am one of those youtube RV "experts" who has never even owned car bigger than a Camry and has never been inside an RV outside of an RV show. I started out my imaginary RV journey about 3 years ago, planning on a 5th wheel with a 40 inch TV and a washing machine. Then... one day, a couple years ago, I saw a guy park one of those things to enter a gas station . He was obviously happy and comfortable doing it, but I realized I never would be. I started to realize those things would make me feel trapped physically and financially instead of feeling free. So fast forward to today and I have pretty much settled on the idea of a small (preferably fiberglass) trailer and a tow vehicle (probably an SUV) to travel south to Florida or South Texas in winter, and elsewhere to stretch my legs when the bug hits me.

Anyway, if what I have proposed is not acceptable to anyone, I will not in any way be offended. I would completely, totally understand that, and will still look forward to meeting you all at some future rally when life is hopefully back closer to normal, and I have my own rig of some kind.
RayOfLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 03:08 PM   #15

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayOfLight View Post
Hello everyone, my name is Ray. I am posting this to ask if it might be possible for me to drop by the Fall Tennessee rally and see inside one or more of the fiberglass trailers. I will not actually be "staying" at the rally as I do not have a rig yet.

The problem is that I have never seen a fiberglass trailer in person. Furthermore, because I am 270 lbs, I really do not know how I will fit in one or if I can comfortably enter the bathroom. I particularly hope to see inside a Casita 17, ideally a liberty deluxe, however any Casita model would answer most of my questions. I would also be interested to know more the escape 19 and 21, if I can.

Different people have different opinions about the pandemic, and I do respect various opinions. However, in my case particularly given my age, weight and diabetes I must take Covid-19 very seriously and therefore feel I have a responsibility not to cause others like you any concern.

Therefore, I promise to do a "space-suit routine":

I will only spend a couple minutes inside. I will sanitize my hands and arms before entering any unit and wear a fresh genuine (American) N95 respirator mask with NO filter valve. I will put on a set of goggles I have that seals the mask 100% to prevent air leaving (or entering) my lungs unfiltered. Although I cant help giggling at how wierd it sounds, I do mean it. Thats what I will do and wear on entry if anyone is kind enough ( and feels comfortable enough) to favor me with a look inside. In addition, I would have no problem taking any other precautions the rig owner feels appropriate. I really dont want anyone to have any reason to question their safety if they allow me to briefly enter their space.

Here is a little more about me as an FYI: I will be retiring in 3 months. I am one of those youtube RV "experts" who has never even owned car bigger than a Camry and has never been inside an RV outside of an RV show. I started out my imaginary RV journey about 3 years ago, planning on a 5th wheel with a 40 inch TV and a washing machine. Then... one day, a couple years ago, I saw a guy park one of those things to enter a gas station . He was obviously happy and comfortable doing it, but I realized I never would be. I started to realize those things would make me feel trapped physically and financially instead of feeling free. So fast forward to today and I have pretty much settled on the idea of a small (preferably fiberglass) trailer and a tow vehicle (probably an SUV) to travel south to Florida or South Texas in winter, and elsewhere to stretch my legs when the bug hits me.

Anyway, if what I have proposed is not acceptable to anyone, I will not in any way be offended. I would completely, totally understand that, and will still look forward to meeting you all at some future rally when life is hopefully back closer to normal, and I have my own rig of some kind.
Ray, there are several Escapes in Florida and I suspect someone would be willing to show you theirs. If you look at the top of the Escape Owners Forum web page, you can click on the map and it will show you names. Escape Trailer Industries will also provide you names of local owners who you can contact. There are several Casita owners in Florida also but I have less knowledge on how to contact them and I think I heard Casita is not making referrals at this time due to COVID-19.
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 03:45 PM   #16

Miami
Thanks for the advice.

Certainly, if someone has a unit sitting in their driveway, they should be less concerned about a stranger checking it out, since even if 10 covid patients walked around in there, time alone would sanitize it in 2 or 3 days before they needed to use it.

So I do want people to feel totally free not to invite me unless they are cool with it. There will indeed be other options in time.

The reason I am asking about the rally is that my son lives in Tennessee with his wife and my preschool grandkids. I was going to take my vacation (my last one) and drive up to visit and cheer him up, and, on the way also visit the rally.

However, I am just waiting to see the responses and see what people's attitude is. And if it does not appear to be a good idea then, other options will have to be looked into.

The worst case scenario, is I wait till after I retire and take the longer drive to Rice Texas.
Old 08-30-2020, 04:46 PM   #17

Name: Jim
Trailer: Casita 17 SD - sold - Lance 1475
Tennessee
Ray, for what it’s worth, in my pre-keto days I tipped the scales at 275 and had no problem negotiating a Casita 17SD.
jimiller5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 05:15 PM   #18

Miami
That is encouraging, actually very encouraging. When people discuss size with RV it is almost always height.

Thanks for the input.
Old 08-30-2020, 09:58 PM   #19

Georgia
Ray, you are welcome to come visit us and see our 2019 Escape 21C. Like most fiberglass owners we will be happy to show you our setup and will answer your questions.

Take care.
Old 08-31-2020, 05:09 PM   #20

Miami
Thanks

Tags
fall, rally