MN 2020, Sept 10-12: New Ulm - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2019, 04:10 PM   #1

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
2020, Sept 10-12: New Ulm

https://reservemn.usedirect.com/MinnesotaWeb/

Scrambled Eggs will gather at Flandrau State Park Semi Modern Campground on Sept 10,11,12 in New Ulm, MN.

The Mother ship will be on site 57 for our gathering area again.

There are still electric sites available as well as non electric. We filled the park in 2019 so best to make a reservation if you want to join us.
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 04:53 PM   #2

Name: Rich
Trailer: Escape
United States
Registry
New Ulm

We were there this fall (2019) with our teardrop. We didn’t even know it was a thing! But did figure out something was going on with all that fiberglass. And it did get us thinking about upgrading, especially given how wet and gloomy that weekend was. We’re coming again next year, this time in our new Scamp 16. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
St Paul, MN
rpassmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 03:24 PM   #3

Name: Rich
Trailer: Escape
United States
Registry
New Ulm in Sept 2020

Looks like Mille Lacs isn’t going to work for us but we’re going to book Flandrau in New Ulm. Talk to us about music. Is there a bunch of regulars? Can I join in with percussion (cajon hand drum, not too loud)?
St Paul, MN
rpassmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:36 PM   #4

Name: DaveWI
Trailer: 2014 16‘ Scamp Deluxe
Wisconsin
Any Wisconsin rallies in 2020?
DaveWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:14 AM   #5

Rich. We welcome all music. It will be interesting to have percussion. You will become a regular. We have 5-10 people who we hear from when they can attend. Guitars, voices, violin, flutes, bass, harmonica, whatever shows up gets worked in. Once we had plastic eggs made into rattles.

Dave, I do not know of any Wisconsin gatherings. Maybe the Iowa one would be closer for you? There is also one in Michigan about the same time as our September one. I will also send you a private message.

Nancy
Old 11-28-2019, 03:56 PM   #6

Name: carolyn
Trailer: 2005 casita sd
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
Rich. We welcome all music. It will be interesting to have percussion. You will become a regular. We have 5-10 people who we hear from when they can attend. Guitars, voices, violin, flutes, bass, harmonica, whatever shows up gets worked in. Once we had plastic eggs made into rattles.

Dave, I do not know of any Wisconsin gatherings. Maybe the Iowa one would be closer for you? There is also one in Michigan about the same time as our September one. I will also send you a private message.

Nancy
How do I find the info on the Sept Michigan rally?
garycarolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:52 PM   #7

I did not find the Algonac, MI gathering posted yet. At the top of this forum is a place to put in a state. You put in MI and it will show any gatherings that have been posted for that state. You will find news from the 2019 meet. Hope this helps you. Soon the 2019 will be in the archive section.

Nancy
Old 11-29-2019, 08:59 AM   #8

Name: carolyn
Trailer: 2005 casita sd
Michigan
MI rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
I did not find the Algonac, MI gathering posted yet. At the top of this forum is a place to put in a state. You put in MI and it will show any gatherings that have been posted for that state. You will find news from the 2019 meet. Hope this helps you. Soon the 2019 will be in the archive section.

Nancy
Thank you, we went to the rally at Algonac in 2017, great fun. BTW - the ferry to Canada from Algonac is a great way to the northern shore of Lake Eric and Ontario and the Provincial Parks along the shore. Went to the rally near Niagara Falls CA this past summer.
garycarolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 11:41 AM   #9

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garycarolyn View Post
How do I find the info on the Sept Michigan rally?
Algonac is not posted yet. Historically it is the weekend after Labor (Labour) Day. That would likely make it the weekend of Sept 12-13, 2020. If you are planning a trip before the meet is posted, you might want to reach out to Pam Fiberglass RV - View Profile: Pam Garlow

Alf's Niagara Wine Escape in Southern ON is not posted yet either. Historically that is the weekend after Algonac. Which would likely make it Sept 19-20, 2020.

That is if history repeats itself.

On edit: Alf did post the dates <Sept 18-20, 2020> in the 2019 thread: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post755658
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 06:21 AM   #10

Trailer: 1996 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('TOGETHERNEST' SLEEPS 8
Yes Nancy the MOTHERSHIP will surly be there with COWBOY coffee early each morning. And continuous pop corn. Piloted: by captain BIBBS and miss LouAnn(she dose all the driving I just steer). .
Lyndon Laney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 08:08 AM   #11

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHoffman View Post
Any Wisconsin rallies in 2020?
Not that I know of ,there use to be one in Door County and in SW Wisconsin but they have not been held for several years. The cost to camp in Wisconsin SP’s make holding rallies there cost prohibitive
We are Wisconsin residents and we don’t camp in their SP’s anymore
TOO EXPENSIVE. !!!

There are several nice rallies in neighboring states
( Minnesota , Michigan , Iowa , Indiana ,Illinois Ohio)

IE ; The Pink Elephant Rally in McGregor Iowa is coming up in Early May
Camping fee is $16 / night — no park pass — no non resident penalty and only a $4 reservation fee .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 04:02 PM   #12

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndon Laney View Post
Yes Nancy the MOTHERSHIP will surly be there with COWBOY coffee early each morning. And continuous pop corn. Piloted: by captain BIBBS and miss LouAnn(she dose all the driving I just steer). .
Hey Lyndon, remember this picture? When ever you you hold another rally in Nebraska, let us know, I still have 10 more buildings to go thru at the Pioneer Village....
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0602.jpeg  
Old 05-04-2020, 01:02 PM   #13

Name: Carrie
Trailer: Research phase
Minnesota
I just signed up. We're wanting to go FT in a few years and I really would like a vintage BF 5er, but my husband isn't convinced. I'm hoping some kind folks wouldn't mind showing us their units and sharing experiences, even if there isn't a BF there per se. We'll be in a tent in one of the non-electric sites.
carinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 03:14 PM   #14

Hi Carrie,

I sure hope we have the opportunity to meet you and we are able to gather.

We do not do an open house at our gatherings. Everyone is super nice though and you just need to let people know you would like a tour.

Not sure we have ever had a Bigfoot at our gatherings. We do get Escapes, Casitas, Burros, UHauls and Scamps and SOB (some other brands)

We had fun last year at New Ulm. Pretty town. If you do music be sure to bring your instruments and voices. If you have never been to a gathering you will find us using our own folding chairs. For group eating we bring our own utensils and beverages. Not sure if we will be doing any group eating due to Covid. We may need to bring our own lunch in these times.

Nancy
Old 05-04-2020, 03:38 PM   #15

Name: Carrie
Trailer: Research phase
Minnesota
Thanks, Nancy. We'll be sure to ask folks to take a peek at their unit, but won't necessarily expect everyone would be OK with a tour. Even just talking more about how the size works for people would be helpful.

We haven't ever been to a gathering, I'll be sure my husband brings his guitar! As you say, hopefully it'll all still be possible this year.
carinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 06:40 PM   #16

Name: Pam
Trailer: scamp
Minnesota
Hi Nancy! Have a question for you, since I live in New Ulm would it be possible to join in for a day? I am waiting for my new Scamp and have a pick up in Nov. I have to say it is so nice to have a State Park in my back yard!
Pammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 11:33 PM   #17

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Registry
We are 300 miles away from the rally location and are interested in going but all the sites are booked as of now. If anyone has a reservation for the 10-12th and decides they aren't going to be able to make it please let me know. Thanks! Also, my husband plays guitar and would love to play with the group!

Julie and Paul
Julie T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 08:16 PM   #18

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
Julie and Paul

We are scheduled to attend the rally but may have to give up our site if we cannot cross the border by then. I'll let you know.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 01:49 AM   #19

Sorry, I have not looked at this site for awhile.

Pam, if we get together you are certainly welcome to come and spend lots of time with us. A lot of us are high risk and may feel uncomfortable coming. Others may feel quite OK with gathering. We had a really wonderful time last year. New Ulm is great and the campground really lovely.

Julie, I am not sure I would want to make a reservation if available. I honestly don’t see this Covid-19 problem solving itself soon. I too noticed all the sites are taken. It is not normal for the non electric sites attached to the campground to be all reserved. I expanded my search days and noticed huge blocks of sites are “reserved” for lots of time. Nothing to base this on but I am wondering if the campground is trying to do social distancing by cutting back number of available sites. With the virus situation I would wait and see. If you are able to camp without services there is another nice campground in the park that was quite empty last year. It could be an option. Would need to drive to our campground. This way you could be spontaneous, register same day and avoid registration fee or cancelation fee if things don’t go well. There very well could end up being an empty electric site the day you arrive. We haven’t seen our son in Omaha for a long time. Try to keep cool down there. It is a 550 mile drive for us. Oh, you do know the Kansas rally is the same weekend? I think it is in the Junction City area. When you bring up the rally forum there is a place to search for KS gatherings. I have not looked to see if Tom has posted recently.

Adrian, we will miss seeing our Canadian friends both at St. Malo and at New Ulm. Luc will need to forfeit his non electric site too. Congratulations on how well Manitoba has done keeping positive virus numbers down. Just remember if you need to cancel to do it about 4-5 days before your arrival to not get hit with campsite fees. If some of us want to pull the plug it will probably be a week or so before arrival. I will of course post to let people know if some of us back out.

Nancy.
Old 07-11-2020, 02:06 AM   #20

Julie and Paul,

I just looked and the KS rally this year is at Council Grove, KS and follows our New Ulm gathering. You probably already knew this. Sorry for my mistake.

If you have never been to New Ulm it really is nice.

Nancy