KS 2020, Sept 14-20: 2020 Kansas Eggstravaganza - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-15-2019, 02:15 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
2020, Sept 14-20: 2020 Kansas Eggstravaganza

2020 Dates: September 14 - 20, 2020 We do not know if Farnum Creek campground will be back to normal. The dates are set, the location will be announced as soon as we know.

Tom
Tom McRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 12:50 PM   #2

2020 Kansas Eggstravanganza Update

2020 Kansas Eggstravanganza Update

After checking with the Corps office at Milford Lake it doesn’t look like Farnum Creek campground will be back in full operation. My first though was to move to another Milford Lake campground but it will probably not be available either.

I have another location in mind at another nearby Corps Lake. We would be at a group campsite or 2. They are across the road from each other. There are also individual campsites nearby.

This creates some problems. 1st: I will have to pay up front to reserve the sites. That’s not the problem. The problem is that I will have to collect money and assign sites and I don’t like to do that. Even figuring out how much to charge is a problem since I won’t be sure if the sites will be full and if everyone in the site has a “senior pass” we get the site for half price. How to handle cancellations and refunds is another part of this problem.

2nd: The larger site is full hookup and the smaller is water and electric only. The cost per day per campsite (if they are full) is the same.

Please send me any suggestions you may have.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 02-19-2020, 12:16 PM   #3

Kansas Eggstravanganza 2020 Location

It is official. The 2020 Kansas Eggstravanganza will be at Canning Creek Campground at Council Grove Lake just north of Council Grove, Kansas. The dates remain 9/16/2020 – 9/20-2020.

I have reserved a group campsite for those dates with spaces for 20 units. If you wish to have a spot in this group campsite you need to send me a check for $60. That gets you all 4 nights with full hookups (Water, Sewer & Electric). If we have more than 20 units in this group site, we may reserve a 2nd nearby group site.

For anyone wanting to arrive early and/or stay after the rally, if the group site in not reserved you can rent a space in the group site on a first come/first served basis at the regular individual site rate.

Anyone who does not want to be in the group site will need to make reservations for a nearby individual site through Recreation.gov. The booking window for individual sites open 6 months prior to the 1st day of your reservation.

For those with long memories this the same place we had our 2nd gathering many years ago.

For those wishing to send me their checks, contact me at tommcrae85@yahoo.com for my address.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:53 AM   #4

The Reservation booking window opens this week for anyone wishing to stay in individual camp sites.

The 2020 Kansas Eggstravanganza will be at Canning Creek Campground at Council Grove Lake just north of Council Grove, Kansas. The dates remain 9/16/2020 – 9/20-2020.

I have reserved and paid for group campsite S-1 for those 4 nights. There are spaces for 20 units. If you wish to have a spot in this group campsite you need to send me a check for $60. That gets you all 4 nights with full hookups (Water, Sewer & Electric). If we have more than 20 units for the group site, we can reserve a 2nd nearby group site.
For anyone wanting to arrive early and/or stay after the rally, if the group site in not reserved, you can rent an individual space in the group site on a first come/first served basis at the regular individual site rate.

Anyone who does not want to be in the group site will need to make reservations for a nearby individual site through Recreation.gov. The booking window for individual sites open 6 months prior to the 1st day of your reservation.

GPS Coordinates Latitude 38° 41' 32.8999" N Longitude 96° 32' 14.3002" W
Driving Directions From I-70, take Highway 177 south for 30 miles. Turn west across Dam Road, then turn right on to City Lake Road and continue for 2 miles. Campground entrance road is on the right.

For those wishing to send me their checks, contact me at tommcrae85@yahoo.com for my address.
Old 06-13-2020, 02:39 PM   #5

June 2020 Kansas Eggstravaganza Update

In normal years I have sent out regular updates.

It does looks like we will be able to have the rally as planned. We may need to make some adjustments to the agenda depending what is available in Council Grove.

I have 3 full service sites available in the group site. If you wish to book one contact me at tommcrae85@yahoo.com for the address to send your $60 check.

You can also book nearby individual sites through Recreation.gov or just show up and take a First Come First Served site. There are lots of a First Come First Served sites available and mid-September is not peak season.

Hopefully, I will know more soon,
Tom
Old 07-25-2020, 01:15 PM   #6

At this time we are still planning on having the rally.

We are watching what is happening with Covid-19 with concern. If necessary to cancel we will post here and 2 other forums as well as emailing everyone on my mailing list. In the meantime, Stay Safe.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:00 AM   #7

Kansas Eggstravaganza XIII (Lucky 13?) update.

Kansas Eggstravaganza XIII (Lucky 13?) update.

It still looks like everything is go for our gathering. We just spent 4 days at Council Grove Lake checking things out. It even looks like we can have all our usual activities. We will need to wear masks and practice social distancing.

There is a nice Rails to Trails bike trail that starts in Council Grove. All our bike riders may want to bring their bikes.
Old 08-14-2020, 02:52 PM   #8

Kansas Eggstravaganza 8/14/2020 update.

As of now there is only one open slot in our group campsite (S-1). That said, I now have two people interested in it. Assuming that the group site has not been reserved by another group early arrivals and people staying after the rally can get a slot in the group campsite on a first come first served basis. That is done at the fee booth, not through me. S-1 has water, electric and sewer.

There are other group campsites (S-2) just across the road and (S-3) just down the road. If they have not been reserved by another group individual slots will be available on a first come first served basis through the fee booth. S-2 has water and electric and S-3 has water, electric and sewer.

As of earlier today the group sites were not reserved by any other group. I can not know for sure that they will be available, but it is unlikely that they will be reserved for our dates.

Tom
Old 09-02-2020, 07:03 PM   #9

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Registry
As it turns out, it looks like Paul and I will now be able to make it to the 13th Kansas Eggstravaganza this year from Sept 16-20th. We are looking forward to staying at the Canning Creek Cove campground along the Council Grove Lake! We first attended this rally in 2017 with our Scamp 16. Since then we have moved up to an "ostrich egg size" trailer with our Bigfoot 25! I've let Tom know by private message and learned all the S-1 group sites for the rally and general reserved sites are taken so we will hope to get one of the "first come first serve" sites on Wednesday afternoon in 2 weeks!

Julie
Julie T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 04:46 PM   #10
CLS

Name: Charlie
Trailer: Shopping
Kansas
My wife and I are thinking about switching from our Popup to a small, light ,hard side. I have been looking at a lot of fiberglass campers on line but so far the only on I have been able to look at one , a Scamp 13. We would really like to look at different ones before we decide what we want to do. In doing my shopping I came across this site and I see that you are having a get together next week . I wondered if it would be out of line for me to drive down from Downs so maybe I could look and learn .
CLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 12:30 PM   #11
tua

Name: Traveler
Trailer: Happier Camper
Utah
Thumbs up Kansas Rally

I had so much fun two years ago when I attended the rally....the hike, the lake and view, the mosquitos and swatters (a new experience), the entertainment, the 30+ items in the goodie bags (these were the best!), the local goodie bag, the oak mites (also a new experience), puzzles, screen rooms (something else new to me coming from California), and the great people I met from many different locations. Wow!

One of the best rallys!

Planning on coming again for sure! Hoping for 2021!

Wishing you all the best fun ever this year!

JLynn
tua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 12:55 PM   #12

Name: Brian&Christy
Trailer: Escape 21C
Kansas
Hey Charlie, (CLS) we have a 17' Casita SD that you are welcome to look at. We will be in spot # 42 for the rally.
ADVCAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 03:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS View Post
My wife and I are thinking about switching from our Popup to a small, light ,hard side. I have been looking at a lot of fiberglass campers on line but so far the only on I have been able to look at one , a Scamp 13. We would really like to look at different ones before we decide what we want to do. In doing my shopping I came across this site and I see that you are having a get together next week . I wondered if it would be out of line for me to drive down from Downs so maybe I could look and learn .
Sure, stop by anytime. Most of us are willing to show our campers. Please wear masks.

Tom
Old 09-07-2020, 04:23 PM   #14

Name: Nancy
Trailer: Eggcamper
Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS View Post
I wondered if it would be out of line for me to drive down from Downs so maybe I could look and learn .

That's what I did before we bought (only I drove up from Wichita). This year we plan to attend with our EggCamper. Got a spot reserved just outside the group site.

Nancy
Ruban&Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 08:28 AM   #15
CLS

Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVCAMPER View Post
Hey Charlie, (CLS) we have a 17' Casita SD that you are welcome to look at. We will be in spot # 42 for the rally.
Thank You Casita is one of the campers I have wanting to see and learn about.
Charlie
Old 09-10-2020, 07:37 PM   #16

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
Charlie,

I sent you a private message.
(Hopefully you know how to open those?)

Ray
rdickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 07:11 AM   #17
CLS

Kansas
Thanks Ray I got it . We hope to see you Friday
Charlie
Old 09-11-2020, 07:17 AM   #18
CLS

Kansas
Nancy
I would really like to see your EggCamper. Im 6'2 and the 6'7 sounds good. Hope to see you Friday.
Charlie
Old 09-25-2020, 07:49 AM   #19
CLS

Kansas
Barb and enjoyed our time at the rally WE would like to thank all those who allowed us to look at there camper and shared so much info with us. We had the next to last bid on a camper Sunday so we are still shopping.
Thank You
Charlie