CO 2021, Aug 23-26: (FULL) 2021 Rocky Mountain Fiberglass Rendezvous - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-19-2021, 12:22 PM   #21

Name: Ed
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RT
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis F. View Post
There is a private campground near by. I believe $3.00 to dump.
Thank both of you.
I’ll find the name and location.

Ed
IMEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 12:33 PM   #22

Name: Louis
Trailer: 2019 Casita SD
TX
Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeBoulder View Post
Well... Assuming some of the folks who have signed up as "yes's", in the website won't come, and some of the folks signed up as "maybe's" will, it appears we are pretty much filled up the group campsites for this year's Rendezvous considering the Forest Service's Covid cap of 50 participatants. But... It's a small campground, and as today's date there are still many single reservable sites. So, if you're not already signed up, but would like to come, make a single site reservation, then sign up on our website (www.RockyMtnFiberglassRendezvous.com) indicating such in the Comments and come over and join in the fun!
Greg,

How will we know who is in or not? Are you going to let people know?
Thanks
Louis
Louis F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 09:35 PM   #23

Name: Ronn
Trailer: Escape 5.0 2019
MN
Forest Service is now showing campground as 100 sites

Quote:
There are two small group sites, connected by a short path. This year the Forest Service says they'll be capping attendance in the group sites at 50 folks. That being the case, we're suggesting folks who sign up now, make individual reservations in the reservable individual sites, then come on over!
Quote:
At this point we’re recommending that folks who want to come and haven’t previously signed up, reserve a single campsite, and then come on over to the group sites to join in on the fun.

Continue to check our website for updates: www.RockyMtnFiberglassRendezvous.com
Quote:
we are pretty much filled up the group campsites for this year's Rendezvous considering the Forest Service's Covid cap of 50 participatants. But... It's a small campground, and as today's date there are still many single reservable sites. So, if you're not already signed up, but would like to come, make a single site reservation, then sign up on our website (www.RockyMtnFiberglassRendezvous.com) indicating such in the Comments and come over and join in the fun!
I was on the Forest Service Website recently and they are showing the campground as 100 sites, maybe they haven't updated or maybe things have changed.
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 01:36 PM   #24

Name: Doug
Trailer: Bigfoot 17
Texas
Cumbtes Toltec Railroad

The Cumbres Toltec Railroad is having their big show that week, old wood burning and coal fueled steam engines and equipment on display demonstrated along with the previously mentioned rides. It is their big annual fling.
Doug Barlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 11:59 AM   #25

Name: NEAL
Trailer: CASITA FREEDOM DELUX
New Mexico
Road Conditions question

Planning our route and am considering going through Chama NM and approaching the campground from the west on CO hwy 17. On the maps that route looks very daunting, although google maps suggests an average speed of about 45 mph for 34 miles from Chama to the Park.
Does anyone have experience with this road?? Would you pull your trailer over this road??
Any input will be greatly appreciated.
nealreust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 02:17 PM   #26

Name: Doug
Trailer: Bigfoot 17
Texas
Road conditions

Co 17 has some 25 mph curves. We towed our 17’ Bigfoot with our Titan pickup. Roads are fine. Usual precautions not overheating the brakes, etc. very pretty overlooks.
If this response is a duplicate, my apologies.
Doug
Doug Barlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 03:12 PM   #27

Name: Greg
Trailer: Escape 19'er
Colorado
In Colorado, if it's a paved road, you can pretty much be assured you can pull your trailer on it. I use engine braking on many downhills, and keep it comfortably slow. You shouldn't have a problem.
Not all who wander are lost.
EscapeBoulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 04:52 PM   #28

Name: NEAL
Trailer: CASITA FREEDOM DELUX
New Mexico
Doug and Greg
Thanks for the reply. I am reassured.
Wife has reminded me that we rode a bus over this route after a Chama to Antonito train ride a few years ago. I probably slept through that.
nealreust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 06:09 PM   #29

Name: Ed
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RT
Colorado
Scratch us off the list. We have a Bigfoot on order but like the rest of the RV market, it’s one delay after the other.

There will always be next year.

Ed & Carol
IMEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 08:04 AM   #30

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
I was there to check it out last week. Couldn't stay for the rally. The Combres Toltec railroad yard is not to be missed. Drive up from on 285 is a lonely but easy stretch.
Attached Thumbnails
Mogote2.jpg   Steam1.jpg  

route285.jpg  
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 08:27 AM   #31

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
So - I am still patiently waiting -- for somebody to give us an after action report on how this rally came off. No one came? Was it cancelled?
Attached Thumbnails
Mogote.jpg  
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 08:31 AM   #32

Name: Greg
Trailer: Escape 19'er
Colorado
The rally was great. A little more than two dozen fiberglass trailers came. Weather was good. No mosquitos for some reason. I believe everyone had a great time.
Not all who wander are lost.
EscapeBoulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:04 AM   #33

Name: Ronn
Trailer: Escape 5.0 2019
MN
Quote:
The rally was great. A little more than two dozen fiberglass trailers came. Weather was good. No mosquitos for some reason. I believe everyone had a great time.
We did have a good time and enjoyed the area as we hadn't been in that part of Colorado before.
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote