NH 2021, May 13-16: Spring Fling in New England for 2021 - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-21-2021, 11:40 AM   #61

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita17'Spirit Deluxe (aka: Tweaker's Casita)
Southwest Ohio
Registry
Site # Change to Site #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryB. View Post
A couple of weeks ago, I had called Steve at the Chocoura KOA to get on "the waiting list" for a site; at that time he told me that there was one person ahead of me.
Steve called this afternoon and I booked site #36 for the rally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Site from Thread above has been taken by a Sping Flinger who has upgraded to this site from a tent site. .....
Gerry
Although I was on Steve's list to potentially move me to a smaller site, I missed out on the site that Gerry mentioned.

Steve just called and he said that another site opened up so he moved my reservation from site #36 to site #25. Arriving Thursday; departing Sunday.

See you all in 3 weeks!!!
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 05:15 PM   #62

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Hey Larry B. this is awsome and that site will fit you nice and near the public bath house if you choose to use it.
Holy Moly, my pasta dinner is beginning to keep me awake nights thinking on just how serving it all and keeping it all warm and you all get to eat a hot meal together.
We'll figure it all out I am sure.
See you all in just 3 more weeks.
Gerry
Host of the Spring Fling in New England.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 12:54 PM   #63

Hi all, just a quick note if anyone is still following the thread and couldn't get a site, I have been informed that ONE site came available.
Call the Office ASAP at 603-323-8536 or call KOA at 888=237-8642
Say you with the Spring Fling.
Gerry
Host of the Spring Fling in New England Rally
Old 04-27-2021, 12:52 PM   #64

Name: Linda
Trailer: compact jr
New York
Hey I snagged that spot. Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to it.
raddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 05:26 PM   #65

Keeping my ears open for any more sites that may come open.
I know that the campground was all filled up a few weeks back but for one reason or another campers cancel their stay and the sites become open again.
Linda, so glad you'll be joining us for the 2021 Rally.

The only thing now that can spoil it is weather.
got to say nights still are down in mid and low 30's but I've been getting out there in the campground getting things ready for our opening this weekend.

Gerry.
Old 04-28-2021, 05:33 PM   #66

HI all, you're probably getting sick of seeing me post on this site but a few changes to the schedule I will tell you about here and also, if I remember, I will also tell you all at the cheese and cracker event on Thursday the 13th at 6:00.

One) is that Craig C., once again, will host a Cribbage Tournament on Saturday morning in the Rec. hall at 10:00 AM (if you have a board and cards, please bring them)

Two) is the supper on Friday night at 5:00 PM has changed from a Pasta to my wife's award winning Chuck Wagon Beans.

Three) I know some Spring Flingers, would like to view other campers and I will leave this to the individual discretion of each of you, if you want to show your camper to others or not.
Please be polite when asking to view some ones camper and respect their wish.

Gerry
Host of Spring Fling in New England Rally
Old 05-08-2021, 05:40 AM   #67

Name: Bonnie
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
Gosh, Is it really just a matter of hours away?
Bonnie RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 06:26 PM   #68

yes it is Bonnie, the way things have been going on for me I can hardly keep my head on straight.
I was 3 weeks getting the broken pipes in the campground all squared away and fixed then I was under the gun to get a roof water tight on one of the cabins.
I had another job of fixing and replacing part of a floor at a resturaunt.
Then my mother in-law passed away a month ago and all the services for that was just in the past few weeks.
Hectic is the word of my life right now.
Tomorrow. Sunday will be my last day working at the campground and then I can concerntrait on getting all the Rally stuff going for this coming Thursday.
Let's just hope weather will be good for us.

See you all soon.
Gerry
Old 05-09-2021, 11:58 AM   #69

Name: Sue
Trailer: Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Massachusetts
Registry
Hi there Gerry! Sorry things have been so hectic for you. I'm exciting waiting for the rally. I was wondering, how good is the Wi-Fi at the campground? Does the signal originate from the Office or from the Pavilion? That would in part determine how good it is. I may have to do a little work while there.
supercorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 04:14 AM   #70

Sue, the wi-fi does originate at the office but there are repeaters throu-out the campground as as long as there isn't people "streaming" stuff the signal is strong thou-out.

looking foward to seeing all at the Rally and wish it was a normal year but with the hack-up schedule it seems harder to get things right.
Gerry
Old 05-12-2021, 04:03 AM   #71

Tomorrow is the big day, the start of the Spring Fling in New England Rally, held at the Chocorua Camping Village in Chocorua NH.
Going to be a great time and I have been very busy getting all the ducks in a row so the 4 day event will be a great one.
We have the biggest crowd of Fiberglass trailers coming this year and although some of the events will not be taking place it will be great to all gather and see others that I haven't seen in 2 years
Weather is going to be great for most the week so let's all have a great time.
Gerry your host on site 1 but will greet you down at 49 tomorrow.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:14 AM   #72

Name: Linda
Trailer: compact jr
New York
Excited to creep on all the campers (and meet some fellow camper nerds . I am going to bring bearing grease and my ignorance if anyone wants to help a person out. Much appreciated! See you later- I was using a little grease gun- = no good, I bought the regular sized one and success!
raddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 06:46 PM   #73

Massachusetts
Unwanted Guest (pest)

I found this tonight when packing in prep for our Thursday departure from home. This hasn't been here long. There's no evidence of 'chocolate sprinkles'. This wasn't present a few weeks ago when I cleaned after pulling the Casita from the winter parking spot. I suspect an opportunist scampered up the power cord while I was on 'shore' power these past few days.
Traps are set. I'll see what transpires overnight, and will clean up regardless of trap content.
Jon MB
Attached Thumbnails
20210512_202547 medium.jpg  
Old 05-13-2021, 04:08 AM   #74

today is the big opening day for the Spring Fling. There are already several early birds that have came early and i had a chance to meet most of them, old and new attendees.
Remember to come by site 49, where I will have a table set up late morning, to hand out welcome packets and Schedule and greet you when you come in.
Cheese and Cracker event will be in the Pavilion this evening at 6:30.
omst all will be here but I will keep an eye out for late arrivals and if you do come late look me up in the Pavilion and I will be sure you get your packet.
Gerry
Old 05-13-2021, 06:48 AM   #75

Massachusetts
Another upwanted surprise

No rodent, but this puddle of water.
It turned out that one of the gallon jugs of drinking water I packed had a pin-hole and leaked about a quart.
Both issues have been cleaned up.
Attached Thumbnails
20210513_063128 medium.jpg  
Old 05-14-2021, 03:34 AM   #76

The first day of the Spring Fling in New England Rally was yesterday and I would like to thank the Spencers and the staff of Chocorua Camping Village for, again, getting the campground ready for this event.
The cheese and cracker event last evening went great and check in for the most part went well.
Thanks Again.
Gerry, Host of the Spring Fling in New England Rally
Old 05-14-2021, 08:04 AM   #77

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
I started a photo page & will add to it as the rally progresses.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 03:59 AM   #78

Big event day at the Spring Fling yesterday with the supper.
Day started with a glitch at morning coffee where the Single Serve coffee maker lived up to it's name and spit out just one cup of coffee and quit.
Happy camper did go down and brew a pot and shared with us till store opened and I bought every one coffee from store.
The cooking demo went well and you all seemed to enjoy the Fried Corn Dish I prepared for you.
Also the Chuck Wagon Beans supper was a hit with most but some do not eat meat and please don't judge this years meal with what could be served next year as the pandemic may be a thing we all learn to live with and we can get back to the original Pot Luck meals of he past.
Today's events are "morning Coffee with new coffee maker i bought yesterday
Cribbage with Craig at Pavilion at 10:00
Learn how to make a small window awning with Lynda at 2:00 at Pavilion
and social distancing gathering at fire in the evening.
Last big day at Rally

Next years Rally will be starting on May 12th and you can try to make reservations now if your with the Spring Fling gang.

Gerry
Old 05-16-2021, 06:16 PM   #79

Well the Spring Fling is now in the books and although not as eventful as other years it was a great time seeing old friends and a lot of new people came with promises of coming again next year.
I will start the postings again in the year 2002 but all who want to make reservations now for the Rally can.
It will be May 12 to the 15.

Thanks for all who helped and all the Flingers who came and had a great time
See you all next year.
Gerry
Old 05-16-2021, 07:53 PM   #80

Name: Bill
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Connecticut
Great time. Thank you
bisonbill is offline   Reply With Quote