SD 2021 Rally Map on Google Maps - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2020, 05:43 AM   #1

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
2021 Rally Map on Google Maps

The 2021 Rally Map is now published on Google Maps:

2021 Fiberglass Trailer Rallies

To help expedite your fiberglass event on the rally map, send me (Hidalga) a Private Message with the link to the FiberglassRV.com rally thread. (Copy and paste the URL of your thread).

See How to Effectively Advertise Your Rally to make a thread.

Please contact me for corrections on existing listings.
If there is a rally that you know about that isn't posted, please contact the coordinator to start a forum thread. Don't forget to share your rally in The Roost!

At times I have limited Internet access, so please allow up to two weeks for new listings or corrections to appear.
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 10:43 AM   #2

Name: Eva and Kirk
Trailer: Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Virginia
2021 Rally Eggs a la Bourbon

Anyone know if Eggs a la Bourbon will happen next year? We still have paid for reservations at the Old Kentucky Home campground we kicked forward last year when 2020’s rally got canceled.
Evirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 11:16 AM   #3

NA
Good question. There isn't a thread started for a 2021 Eggs A La Bourbon yet.

Sometimes coordinators will post at a shorter notice. There may be a few like you that still plan on utilizing their 2021 reservations, so unless you want to make other plans for June, it won't hurt to hang on to your reservations for now.
Old 12-20-2020, 11:31 AM   #4

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Is the Pink Elephant Rally in McGregor , Iowa still a go for 2021 ?
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 01:07 PM   #5

NA
I don't see a 2021 thread for that event either.
All the threads for rallies that have dates and locations are put on the map.

2021 Google Rally Map

If there isn't a public thread for a rally, then I don't know if it's happening or not. One way to find a rally is to use the drop down box in "Search this Forum". That's how I find the yearly rallies to put on the map.
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2020, 01:47 PM   #6

NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidalga View Post
I don't see a 2021 thread for that event either.
All the threads for rallies that have dates and locations are put on the map.

2021 Google Rally Map

If there isn't a public thread for a rally, then I don't know if it's happening or not. One way to find a rally is to use the drop down box in "Search this Forum". That's how I find the yearly rallies to put on the map.
Thank you for all your time and effort
My wife and I were doing a little wishful dreaming this morning about traveling in the Spring of 2021 . When we started to check some of our favorite parks for camp sites this Summer we were surprised to find several of the parks were already 75% reserved / booked & finding a site that was open for more than two nights in a row was almost impossible
Based on the above we want to get our ducks in a row ASAP especially in regards to rallies .
Old 01-02-2021, 04:09 PM   #7

Name: Cynthia
Trailer: Casita 17LD
Montana
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Cynthia in Montana
Red face 2021 Rallys

The Roost looks like a great resource to keep watching. Thank you Hidalgo. I left a note there, I’ll throw the question here, also. Is there an informal message board to say like “Hey, any egg people on Padre Island, Tx want to gather for coffee late Feb or early March?”
2nd message is “Anyone visiting Yellowstone or Glacier NP want to time it so a flock of eggs could rally somewhere in Montana this summer?” Perhaps a spot we could drift in & out of?
Cynthia in Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:01 AM   #8

NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia in Montana View Post
...Is there an informal message board to say like “Hey, any egg people on Padre Island, Tx want to gather for coffee late Feb or early March?”
2nd message is “Anyone visiting Yellowstone or Glacier NP want to time it so a flock of eggs could rally somewhere in Montana this summer?” Perhaps a spot we could drift in & out of?

Hi Cynthia,
Thanks for subscribing to The Roost. The casual get-togethers that you mention would be perfect thread starters under this Rallies-Meets Forum on FiberglassRV.com. This website carries the largest readership of fiberglass enthusiasts. The Roost just takes the threads and puts the information in a palatable format along with the google map as a companion.

Just because you may not be starting an organized or annual rally doesn't stop you from starting a thread to meet up with other interested people. In fact, most of the big rallies took root through one-time casual meet-ups.

I encourage you to start a thread for each of your dates/ locations. To be effective in getting your word out, please read:
How to Effectively Advertise Your Rally
Old 01-03-2021, 08:45 PM   #9

Montana
Registry
Rally’s/meets

Thanks for the direction. Shall do some posting as soon as we land somewhere on S Padre Island. We will hit the KOA a while, but I hear the state parks in Texas are wonderful!
Old 01-03-2021, 09:20 PM   #10

NA
Have a great time and we look forward to your invite!
Old 01-13-2021, 01:52 PM   #11

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Is the Pink Elephant Rally in McGregor , Iowa still a go for 2021 ?
Would people comment on Kevin's clarification of the Pink Elephant rally? Comments would help us to know that you heard the information that was shared.

CindyL
Old 01-13-2021, 04:38 PM   #12

NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Would people comment on Kevin's clarification of the Pink Elephant rally? Comments would help us to know that you heard the information that was shared.

CindyL
Where would one find Kevin’s clarification ?
I checked for Pink Elephant rally information using this sites search function and under the forum’s rally heading and found no new information since April of 2020
We are trying to plan our 2021 travel schedule assuming they get the Covid vaccinations plans on track
Old 01-13-2021, 05:30 PM   #13

Registry
Steve,

Kevin began a new thread on the Pink Elephant rally here in the forums. He looked on the Pike's Peak, IA website and found a statement that they are not taking reservations for the campground, because they may do renovations on the campground this summer. It made it sound very unsure as to whether or not this campground will be open this summer. He plans to check every week and provide updates. As for now, we are on hold.

CindyL
Old 01-13-2021, 05:51 PM   #14

NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Steve,

Kevin began a new thread on the Pink Elephant rally here in the forums. He looked on the Pike's Peak, IA website and found a statement that they are not taking reservations for the campground, because they may do renovations on the campground this summer. It made it sound very unsure as to whether or not this campground will be open this summer. He plans to check every week and provide updates. As for now, we are on hold.

CindyL
Thanks for your response . We are planning a trip to Southern Iowa in May to camp at an Iowa SP recommended by Iowa Dave . We wanted to make the Pink Elephant rally part of our trip so any updates will be appreciated
Old 01-13-2021, 07:50 PM   #15

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Thanks for your response . We are planning a trip to Southern Iowa in May to camp at an Iowa SP recommended by Iowa Dave . We wanted to make the Pink Elephant rally part of our trip so any updates will be appreciated
Fingers crossed, but Kevin was not hopeful. I wish that they had been more definitive (Political? Hope for the funding but not sure it will be provided, so we just won't take reservations in case we get some funds?)

It does sound as if you could do a drop in at Pike's Peak if they are not simply closed. If you want to camp near there, there is another campground near there called Spook Cave. I have seen it, have been through the cave, but not camped there to give it a review. I do know some people complain of a train near there that is pretty regular. I saw a sign for a private campground south towards Guttenberg, but I know nothing about it. There also is a campground in Elkader. I saw it a lot living there but it was before I camped, so I have no details, plus that was years ago. Two campgrounds in Decorah, Pulpit Rock and Sampson Springs. Also Hutchinson Family Farms north of Decorah where we used to get in to canoe the Upper Iowa.

Kevin will watch the Pike's Peak website. He checked today. No change.

CindyL
Old 01-21-2021, 12:04 AM   #16
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
This is a re-post from Sept. 2020 (apparently some are having trouble finding this information)---------Oregon Gathering 2021-Bullard's Beach

Bullard's Beach State Park in Bandon, Oregon dates will be July 22nd- 25th, 2021. A reminder of when to get your camp sites will be coming out when it is closer to the time to make reservations. Check back on the Casitaforum.com for updates. I will try to post any as soon as I am aware of them.

Deb
Host
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 06:54 AM   #17

NA
Hi Deb,
The reason some people may be having trouble finding the information is because:

1) The 2021 event is not on the 2021 Google Rally Map, and

2) There hasn't been a 2021 thread started for this rally on Fiberglassrv.com.

If you want to handle all of your correspondence on another forum, that's fine, but please start a 2021 thread for your event on fiberglassrv that can link viewers to the other forum.

This clears up confusion in two ways. It will link your event on the map (otherwise it will read, "No further information...") and secondly, you'll capture anyone on this forum to be instructed to go to the place that you'll host further information.

This rally map thread is not an effective thread to reach people for a specific event. For further information, please read:
How To Effectively Advertise Your Rally
Old 02-17-2021, 07:55 PM   #18

Montana
Registry
Rallys/Sightings

Somewhere last summer I read where FB owners were listing Sightings of other eggs along their travels. It was kinda fun, kinda random, but now I don’t know where, who’s, or what forum that was in. We junkies need this stuff! Any direction, please. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2021, 08:15 PM   #19

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Somewhere last summer I read where FB owners were listing Sightings of other eggs along their travels. It was kinda fun, kinda random, but now I don’t know where, who’s, or what forum that was in. We junkies need this stuff! Any direction, please. Thanks.
It's in General Chat. Direct link: https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...ngs-21472.html
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 11:39 AM   #20

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
..We junkies need this stuff! ...
If you don't know, you can subscribe to that thread (now that Donna listed it for you) so that you always get a message when there are new posts in that thread. Never miss your "needed stuff"again!
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally