OR 2021, Sept. 30 - Oct 3: Fall NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-09-2020, 06:24 PM   #1

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
2021, Sept. 30 - Oct 3: Fall NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering

The Fall NOG 2021 is headed to South Beach State Park, just south of Newport.

Right now, the date and the place is all I know. We are currently unable to make reservations that far in advance. I'll keep an eye on the Oregon State Parks notifications and as soon as we can make reservations, I'll post in this thread. I'll also include all the pertinent information... which loops we'll start making our reservations, etc.

In the meantime, stay well and stay safe!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 05:59 PM   #2

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Thanks Donna, always fun at Newport!

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 09:26 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Sounds good to me!

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 05:19 PM   #4

Name: Sarah
Trailer: Bigfoot
Oregon
Hello all! I am very excited to join you all with my new to me 1993 Bigfoot 17Gaucho. According to the state parks website reservations can be made six months in advance. That means we can begin making reservations next week. Do I just grab a site or should I be looking for a specific area? Thanks! Sarah
SarahCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 05:25 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahCloud View Post
Hello all! I am very excited to join you all with my new to me 1993 Bigfoot 17Gaucho. According to the state parks website reservations can be made six months in advance. That means we can begin making reservations next week. Do I just grab a site or should I be looking for a specific area? Thanks! Sarah
Donna Dee will post the loops and event info on the various forums, including here, as soon as reservation window opens.

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 05:42 PM   #6

Oregon
Awesome! Thanks
Old 03-29-2021, 07:44 AM   #7

Sept. 30 - Oct 3, 2021 - Fall NOG - South Beach State Park

The Fall NOG 2021 officially starts Thurs., Sept 30. THAT means you can start making your reservations TOMORROW, or anytime now if you're coming early.

We'll start reserving in D Loop and move UP the alphabet as needed (C, then B, then A). I'm in D-13. When/if they open the meeting halls, I'll try to reserve the same one we used last time. IF I can't reserve a meeting hall, all activities will be right behind my site in a large grassy area. More info about that later.

IF you need a Yurt, there's some nice ones on the east side of C Loop (some are pet friendly). There's also a kid's play structure in C loop. This is definitely a bike-friendly park. You can ride from the park, through the day use area and then all the way to the South Jetty in Newport, along the beach and all on asphalt.

Once you've made your reservation, please post. IF your information isn't in your profile, please send me a PM with this information. I need it for the participants list and map.
First names of adults attending
Domicile city and state (you may meet neighbors!)
Year/Length/Make/Model of your 'trailer.'
Site number

South Beach State Park Reservations: https://www.reserveamerica.com/explo...02165/overview

As usual, MOST of the information about NOGs is found at the CasitaForum. Direct link to the thread. https://www.casitaforum.com/invboard...comment-285009

Really looking forward to seeing everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Map.JPG  
Old 03-29-2021, 04:52 PM   #8

Name: Randy & Ranae
Trailer: Fiber Stream
OR - Oregon
Registry
It looks like all the weekend dates are booked. We'd love to join.

Any ideas how to get a site?

R&R
OR335d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 05:01 PM   #9

OR - Oregon
Registry
Their search tool seems to be broken. By browsing through the calendar, there's lots of availability.

Randy and Ranae Isaac will be joining in site D14.
Salem, Oregon
1983 Fiberstream 16' named Ferb.
Old 03-29-2021, 05:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR335d View Post
It looks like all the weekend dates are booked. We'd love to join.

Any ideas how to get a site?

R&R
You can't reserve until six months from the first day of your stay. IF you're planning to attend Sept. 30-Oct.3, you would make your reservation on March 30.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-29-2021, 05:05 PM   #11

OR - Oregon
Registry
A trick for all: Make a reservation for two full weeks, with the ending date lining up with your intended end date. After two weeks have passed, modify your reservation to only apply to the dates you need. There is a slight change fee, but you will have a better chance at getting the site and dates you want.
Old 03-29-2021, 05:18 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
A trick for all: Make a reservation for two full weeks, with the ending date lining up with your intended end date. After two weeks have passed, modify your reservation to only apply to the dates you need.

Guaranteed to make matters worse for everyone.
Old 03-29-2021, 06:12 PM   #13

Quote:
A trick for all: Make a reservation for two full weeks, with the ending date lining up with your intended end date. After two weeks have passed, modify your reservation to only apply to the dates you need. There is a slight change fee, but you will have a better chance at getting the site and dates you want.
Not a good idea. Oregon State Parks wised up and now cancelling is costly:

"There is an $8 non-refundable transaction fee for any change made to a reservation in advance of the arrival date. Reservations for 6 or more nights: Changes to the departure date will only be charged an $8 transaction fee. Changes to the arrival date will be charged the nightly rate for each night dropped, in addition to the $8 transaction fee. For example: You have a reservation for eight nights, but decide to drop three nights from the beginning of the reservation. The nightly rate is $25. You will be charged $75 (3 times $25) plus an $8 transaction fee for a total of $83."

So you lose all the nightly site fees for every night ahead of your arrival date.
Old 03-29-2021, 06:19 PM   #14

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Not a good idea. Oregon State Parks wised up and now cancelling is costly:

B.C. does something similar to stop this practice. People would book two weeks leading up to and ending with a long weekend and then cancel all but the long weekend. Selfish act.
Old 03-30-2021, 08:23 AM   #15

I received a PM from a NOGger saying she found it difficult to pick a site in the park when she had never been there. I use this web site frequently to check out sites when making reservations. I hope y'all find it of benefit too: https://www.campsitephotos.com/campg...tate-park-d001
Old 03-30-2021, 02:34 PM   #16

Oregon
I was able to reserve D1 and his morning and at that time there were a lot of spots available. I am looking forward to seeing all of your trailers and meeting you in person.
Old 04-03-2021, 09:24 PM   #17

Name: Michael
Trailer: Escape
Washington
Damn. I already have a history of visiting the Oregon coast from Aug to Oct. Tent camping at Oswald West ( when it was allowed). Renting cabins near Tillamook. Hotels near Newort. Visiting the Overleaf Spa at Yachats when we can ditch the kids (who are now 19 and 16 and can be ditched for a weekend on their own).
I am looking at reserving a spot. If we end up not making it, I may have to consider it a donation to OSP. I can live with that.
mbtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:12 PM   #18

Name: Michael
Trailer: Escape
Washington
I went ahead and reserved the LAST Yurt space in loop C because my sister in law wanted to come with her dog and getting a bit more space for all of us is a good thing.
mbtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:57 PM   #19

Name: Bob
Trailer: Bigfoot 17G
Oregon
I didn't have any trouble reserving a site in Loop D but there were not all that many left.

This will be my first such event and I am looking forward to it even though South Beach CG is only 20 miles from home.

I hope to compare notes with some other owners of Bigfoot 17 Gaucho trailers as well as with owners of other rigs.
bobblangley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 04:45 PM   #20

Name: Andrew
Trailer: Hunter
Oregon
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Andy Bassett
Booked D21 Fri - Sun. Still plenty of availability!
1972 Hunter Compact Jr.
Instagram: @fiberglassofwine
Instagram: @fiberglassofwine
Andy Bassett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fall