OR 2021, Sept. 30 - Oct 3: Fall NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-29-2021, 05:20 AM   #41

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayasinger View Post
Thanks and I had the same question. Are many of you camped in a certain area of the campground and how would I find where the Potlucks are?
Where you able to view the info at the CasitaForum?

I'll be posting the schedule within the next few days, that should give you more info.

Here's a current map of where we're all camping. I'm in D13, the yellow square.
Attached Thumbnails
SB-Map.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 07:57 AM   #42

Happy weekend NOGgers. We're right at a month until Fall NOG! It's time to post the schedule.

I am keeping an eye on the Lincoln County and Oregon State Covid guidelines for events and will notify everyone here if there's any changes. As of this post, we need to wear masks if gathering in groups, whether inside or outside.

Daytime hours are completely unscheduled. Feel free to do what you wish. As far as trailer tours, nothing scheduled for that either. I know we have people participating because they want to view some trailers. If you see folks sitting outside, stop and chat and ask to see their trailer. It's always been up to each owner to decide whether or not they want to give tours. With Covid, when entering someone's site and during trailer tours, everyone would need to mask up. While a number of us have received our vaccines, for various reasons others have not. Let's keep everyone safe so we can all gather again.

DON'T FORGET TO BRING/WEAR A NAME TAG. There is nothing scheduled for gift give aways for this NOG. BUT, I'd really like to see everyone wear a name tag all weekend. I'm meeting some of you for the first time. Help me to remember your name, please.

We're moving forward with several of the 'regular' group activities. This is not a green light, but a flashing yellow. We will wear masks when not eating, social distance where possible and sit in pods as appropriate.

Friday
No-host dinner-on-a-stick roasting fire going at my site (D13) on Friday night (Cancelled if raining!). There's a large grassy area behind my site. This is not a potluck, bring your lawn chair and everything you need and plan to eat, including your own roasting stick. Fire will be roaring in the NOG tub for roasting. Come by anytime after 5:00pm. Small 'side' personal tables are encouraged. I will provide trash bags.

The fun/funny stuff:
CRAFT BEER EXCHANGE
6:00pm SHARP
FRIDAY NIGHT
This is an "opener" event.
At site D13
Cancelled if raining!

Bring a six pack of craft beer... not CRAP beer ;-). Something from your local craft brewer would be grand. You will trade one bottle or can for a different kind. IF you show up at 6:05pm, you're four minutes too late! For those that don't know how this works, I'll explain everything shortly before 6:00pm.

Saturday
For this NOG, we won't have a potluck. BUT you are welcome to gather and eat at my site D13 starting at 6:00pm (Cancelled if raining!). There's a large grassy area behind my site. Bring your lawn chair and everything you need and plan to eat. No sharing food outside your pod. Small 'side' personal tables are encouraged. AND the NOG fire will be going again if you wish to use it to roast something. I will provide trash bags.

Please, no pets at any of the food events.

AND if everyone would remember to turn off ALL outdoor lights at bedtime, that would be grand. Many of your neighbors don't have room darkening shades. THANKS!
Old 09-11-2021, 04:36 PM   #43

Name: Kath
Trailer: Compact Jr
California
Any updates on what’s happening at the Fall Nog? We will be in D-04 with our 1971 Compact Jr. - Lance. Kathleen & Groot. 🇺🇸Sept 30-Oct 3rd 2021
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 05:17 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Any updates on what’s happening at the Fall Nog? We will be in D-04 with our 1971 Compact Jr. - Lance. Kathleen & Groot. ����Sept 30-Oct 3rd 2021
No updates EXCEPT as of right NOW:
Open flame restrictions:

No campfires even in designated campfire areas. This includes charcoal fires, cooking fires, warming fires, propane fire pits, candles, tiki torches and other devices that emit flames or embers.

*Portable cooking stoves using liquefied or bottle fuels and propane/liquid-fueled lanterns are allowed.

This probably won't change if there isn't any rain before Fall NOG That would mean NO NOG tub fire at my site for Dinner-on-a-Stick Friday night or warming fire on Saturday night.
I'll post in this thread any Covid or open flame restrictions updates/changes.
Old 09-18-2021, 11:08 AM   #45

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Greetings all,

We are looking forward to a fun camp out! There's so much to see and do in and around Newport. I know quite a few of you bring bikes. Here is a link to a brochure with all the bike trails in the Newport area.

Happy Trails and, as always Safe Travels,
Dave & Kathie

https://www.newportoregon.gov/dept/c...Individual.pdf

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 03:33 PM   #46

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
No updates EXCEPT as of right NOW:
Open flame restrictions:

No campfires even in designated campfire areas. This includes charcoal fires, cooking fires, warming fires, propane fire pits, candles, tiki torches and other devices that emit flames or embers.
Portable cooking stoves using liquefied or bottle fuels and propane/liquid-fueled lanterns are allowed.
I fail to see how they would allow a propane camp stove but not allow a propane fire ring. There are no "embers" or potential fire brands emitted by either appliance. I can hold my hand under my propane fire ring without any discomfort whatsoever. In fact I set it up in my Clam tent right on my plastic patio mat. It never even gets warm underneath, much less hot. Just another dumb ill-thought "one size - fits none" idiotic governmental requirement.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 04:16 PM   #47

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
I can hold my hand under my propane fire ring without any discomfort whatsoever. In fact I set it up in my Clam tent right on my plastic patio mat. It never even gets warm underneath, much less hot. Just another dumb ill-thought "one size - fits none" idiotic governmental requirement.
What's the point of this propane fire ring, if it emits no heat?
Old 09-18-2021, 04:19 PM   #48

Name: Bob
Trailer: Bigfoot 17G
Oregon
I live 20 miles from South Beach CG; at my location, we had >1" of rain overnight so the restrictions might change between now and Sept. 30.

Otoh, there isn't any more rain forecast here for the rest of the month.
bobblangley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 09:41 PM   #49

Oregon
Some news for those who are worried about not being able to use their propane fireplaces at the rally. Here's an announcement today from Lincoln County.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to change of weather with increased precipitation expected in Lincoln County, the Lincoln County Fire Defense Board, and the nine fire protection agencies are lifting portions of the current county-wide burn ban.

Please contact your local fire agency if you have any questions.
Burning Restrictions:

Recreational Fires are permitted after 1:00 a.m., Saturday, September 18, 2021.

This includes fires on the beaches and day use park areas , commercial, private, and county campgrounds. Continue to use safety precautions.
Debris Burning continues to be restricted in all areas of Lincoln County.
Old 09-19-2021, 05:12 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblangley View Post
Some news for those who are worried about not being able to use their propane fireplaces at the rally. Here's an announcement today from Lincoln County.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to change of weather with increased precipitation expected in Lincoln County, the Lincoln County Fire Defense Board, and the nine fire protection agencies are lifting portions of the current county-wide burn ban.

Please contact your local fire agency if you have any questions.
Burning Restrictions:

Recreational Fires are permitted after 1:00 a.m., Saturday, September 18, 2021.

This includes fires on the beaches and day use park areas , commercial, private, and county campgrounds. Continue to use safety precautions.
Debris Burning continues to be restricted in all areas of Lincoln County.
This is good news, but I don't see anything about state campgrounds. It's the weekend, perhaps the information will change on Monday on this page and I'll post in this thread when it does: https://stateparks.oregon.gov/index....&articleId=285

Fingers crossed.
Old 09-19-2021, 05:58 AM   #51

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
What's the point of this propane fire ring, if it emits no heat?
It's basic "Physics 101" Glenn. Heat rises.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 02:10 PM   #52

Oregon
As of today (9/10/2021) campfires are allowed in OR state parks.
Old 09-20-2021, 02:25 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblangley View Post
As of today (9/10/2021) campfires are allowed in OR state parks.
Thanks Bob. Yes, campfires are now allowed at South Beach State Park.

However:

"Sep 20, 2021 Fire restrictions

Sept. 20 Note: Some parks have lifted campfire bans and beach fire bans after the latest rain storm, although some parks still have bans in place. Check individual park pages via Find A Park for alerts, or visit the park status map for a comprehensive list. Though it’s cooler, fire is still a risk because of drought conditions. Park managers are working with state and local fire agencies to determine when it’s safe to lift bans. Thank you for your patience."

https://stateparks.oregon.gov/index....&articleId=285
Old 09-21-2021, 10:49 AM   #54

Name: jack
Trailer: Bigfoot
Arizona
I had to cancel the event this year. I had site D12 for four nights beginning 9/30. Maybe next year. Jack
tidewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 11:25 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidewater View Post
I had to cancel the event this year. I had site D12 for four nights beginning 9/30. Maybe next year. Jack
Well dang. Thanks for letting us know. Hope to see you at a future NOG.

Stay safe, stay well
Old 09-29-2021, 12:54 AM   #56

Name: JJ
Trailer: Perris Pacer
Oregon
Well, we may not have a floor, ceiling, cabinet doors, or curtains, but we will have good cheer! We booked D05 months ago and made it our deadline for finishing the rebuild… Looks like we’re not gonna get everything done but no sense cancelling now. Looking forward to it.
Jenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 08:30 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenius View Post
Well, we may not have a floor, ceiling, cabinet doors, or curtains, but we will have good cheer! We booked D05 months ago and made it our deadline for finishing the rebuild… Looks like we’re not gonna get everything done but no sense cancelling now. Looking forward to it.
Sent you a PM!!
Old 10-04-2021, 10:47 AM   #58

Fall NOG was a smashing success! Mostly good weather... make that GREAT weather at the beach. These are the statistics:

47 total sites reserved
42 all-molded towable rigs

Escape: 12
Casita:11
Scamp: 4
Bigfoot: 3
Compact Jr./Hunter: 3
U-Haul: 2
Burro: 2
Trillium: 1
Perris Pacer: 1
Surf Side: 1
Fiber Stream: 1
ParkLiner: 1
SOB: 5

I walked the entire campground on Saturday and tried to talk to all the participants. There were an additional 14 all-molded-towables in the park not part of the NOG, including a 13' Scamp from Wisconsin!

Continued safe travels to those still heading home and everyone stay well and healthy. Hope to see you all in the spring
Old 10-09-2021, 04:34 PM   #59

Name: Michael
Trailer: Escape
Washington
WHY WAS THIS NOT A LOONEY TUNES MEET AND GREET!

mbtigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fall